KORG KRONOS

mildbill

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Again 40+ years and not a pop song AFAIK. Wise guy
;)

You didn't say pop song, you said pop radio. And I hear Tommy on pop radio ALL THE TIME. Well, maybe not ALL the time, but once in a while...

tommy.jpg

-Mc

• Members
... When's the last time you heard a freaking FRENCH HORN on pop Radio? Answer: Possibly NEVER! ......

I did find interesting sites discussing it but I also came across big Russian Dick pop music... does that count ... LOL

:wave:

• Members

I suspect that NuSkoolTone doesn't listen to the same radio we do, McHale.
:lol:
Or at least maybe we're talking about a different generation of "pop".

The current crop of pop sucks, btw. Just laying that out there.

/get-off-my-lawn

Eh maybe maybe not. Our focus is what will fly in the club for the 25-55 crowd. "Tommy" and lesser known beatles songs ain't it.

No argument for current pop. It is what it is. However, THAT's what gets the gig! Change, adapt or get left behind. At least that's how it is up where we are.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Just ran into this review with sound sample, though I'd add it to this monster thread..

http://en.audiofanzine.com/workstation/korg/kronos/editorial/reviews/giant-step.html

Other than the conclusion points at the bottom of the page, everything else looks like it was pulled from the Kronos brochure.(I guess that's why they use the term mini.):lol:
Interesting conclusion points tho.:)

• Members
Other than the conclusion points at the bottom of the page, everything else looks like it was pulled from the Kronos brochure.(I guess that's why they use the term mini.)
:lol:
Interesting conclusion points tho.
:)

Not exactly, it's a summary of the original french review I did, which is the biggest synth review ever written (equivalent to 20-25 pages in a magazine). If you can read french you can watch it here http://fr.audiofanzine.com/korg/series-kronos/editorial/tests/un-pas-de-geant.html

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

Human whistles are not popular with most listeners.

I was reminded of this reply I got asking for a decent whistle patch when I heard like the 10th hit single in the last year to feature a human whistle patch on the radio today. BTW, the Kronos DOES have a pretty good one called "Four Guys Whistling".

Archived