Why is HC copying off of The Gear Page?

hardrockguitar

• Members

HC and TGP and 1001 other forums all use the default vBulletin theme. That's all there is to it. If you find this ridiculously bright, turn down the brightness on your monitor.

The site is NOT white at all

nor white gray either. It's something of a navy blue for the headers and two shades of light blue for the rest. Seems like you have the color settings on your monitor pretty {censored}ed up.

My monitor shows white, blue, and light blue and gray.

• Members

My monitor shows white, blue, and light blue and gray.

Mine's just got white and different shades of blue, though I may actually start using a different browser soon and see how that works (currently using IE, and I don't have the search link at the top bar like some others have posted pics of).

• Members
I liked the old look better, somewtimes I'm not sure if I'm on HC or TGP.

Better be careful before you hit enter on that post boy!

LMAO~! I won't even bother getting an account at TGP. If I had an account there and actually cared about it, I'd definitely check twice before hitting submit, too. :D

• Members

COLOR SCHEME! COLOR SCHEME! COLOR SCHEME! Everyone but me is talking about the software used. I'm only talking about COLOR SCHEME.

You shouldn't have a hard time understanding that the color scheme has a direct correlation with the software used. Default theme, default colors. HC didn't pick anything. First they have to make sure the important stuff works before messing with visual things. If they had chosen to use phpBB then we'd be having its default color scheme.

psychodave, HC uses the exact same software as TGP (which should be obvious because of the similar themes) and TGP has been having database problems which are most likely not the forum software's fault really.

PS. Yes, there's gray and white too. But most of it is shades of blue.

Archived