Pics of my youngest boy playing the guitar..,

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members
Thanks guys. He wanted to know what a kilt was. I told him it was a man dress and he said no way. LOL.

He also said he doesn`t want to look "metal". It`s too evil. HAHAHA...He doesn`t know the chicks love evil guys.

Eric

The kilt reference was a joke to Deathmonkey, seeing as how he shaves his head and wears a black leather kilt on stage. :)

And your kid knows what's up. As is he'll get the chicks. Trying to look metal won't help him.

• Members

And make him wear a black leather kilt!

That kid is too pretty for the kilt. Only manly manly men can wear the kilt.

That kid in a kilt = looks like a girl

Me in a kilt = looks like a fat ugly guy in a kilt.

...but the ladies looooove the kilt. I'm telling ya.

• Members

Very cool that your son is getting into guitar.... I remember being 5 or 6 and having my dad show me the basic open chord positions... of course back then I never took the time to REALLY learn it -- move ahead a couple years, and I went through the 'I wanna be a drummer' phase (like age 9 or 10)... that wore off at age 11 or 12 where I picked up a guitar again, and started taking it seriously... best thing that ever happened to me-- it kept me in check through the 'evil rebellious adolescent/teen years', and even though through many points in my life my father and I couldnt see eye to eye, guitar playing was the thing that DID keep us from becoming estranged... and now that I'm in my mid 30's, guitar playing and music is the common thing that we have.... I truely consider myself lucky to have grown up in a home where guitars were everywhere-- hey, I was one of the fortunate ones who DIDN"T have to learn on an old beater with strings an inch off the fretboard-- had my choice of Gibson's, Fenders, and some decent offshore made guitars at my reach....

ANYWAYS enough of the long rambling... ANyways, t's great yoru son is playing now... jsut be supportive, let him do his own thing with it, and well I'm happy for ya man.... I just hope that when my kid(s) are here, I can share that with them as well..

• Members

Very cool that your son is getting into guitar.... I remember being 5 or 6 and having my dad show me the basic open chord positions... of course back then I never took the time to REALLY learn it -- move ahead a couple years, and I went through the 'I wanna be a drummer' phase (like age 9 or 10)... that wore off at age 11 or 12 where I picked up a guitar again, and started taking it seriously... best thing that ever happened to me-- it kept me in check through the 'evil rebellious adolescent/teen years', and even though through many points in my life my father and I couldnt see eye to eye, guitar playing was the thing that DID keep us from becoming estranged... and now that I'm in my mid 30's, guitar playing and music is the common thing that we have.... I truely consider myself lucky to have grown up in a home where guitars were everywhere-- hey, I was one of the fortunate ones who DIDN"T have to learn on an old beater with strings an inch off the fretboard-- had my choice of Gibson's, Fenders, and some decent offshore made guitars at my reach....

ANYWAYS enough of the long rambling... ANyways, t's great yoru son is playing now... jsut be supportive, let him do his own thing with it, and well I'm happy for ya man.... I just hope that when my kid(s) are here, I can share that with them as well..

Thanks man. A well thought out responce. What a change.

I want to let him develope his own voice on the guitar. I don`t want to step on his too much.

Eric

• Members

That is awsome!

{censored} all the negative response folks ( sorry, but dissing kids trying to find their way and a cool dad pisses me off).

He looks like a good kid (as I would expect from a good person such as yourself:thu: ).

Being a parent of young kids myself, I am always happy to see moms and dads take an interest in what their kids are doing....whatever it is. They may not stick with it, but it is our responsibility (IMHO) to show interest and encouragement in whatever they do!

• Members

that was the age i picked up guitar as well (damn it's been so long!)

it's cool that you support him getting into it tho, and almost as cool that you've got such killer gear around the house :D

the only support i got at that age was along the lines of "i'm paying for this damn thing, you better learn to play it!"

Archived