[META-THREAD] The Religion Thread: Discuss Here Please!

yer momma

• Members

I'm a christian. Everyone has their choice to believe or not to believe. At 33 years old i've witnessed a lot of great things in my life. I work in healthcare and have also witnessed some very interesting/strange events. I love nature and astronomy. This earth, life forms, solar systems etc...did not create itself in my opinion....once again IMO....Having accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior has given me an inner peace that I never had until I accepted him. I always say "i'm not that pushy type of christian that tries to force my beliefs on others"....that attitude is not right as it drives people further away from God. God gives everyone freewill. To live their life how they want. I'm fine with others who don't believe. I just don't like it when non-believers criticize/ridicule me for my beliefs. Especially when I'm not that pushy type of christian.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No you dont understand satanism. Satanism isnt worship of Lucifer as you may see it. Satanism is about satisfying ones desires. If you want it take it, have it, do it. Satanism is all about looking out for number 1 and fulfilling ones wants and materialistic needs.

Which is the exact opposite of the teachings of the Lord which are love one another and look out for one another and materialistic needs are unimoprtant. Basically the exact opposite of christianity

Or to sum it all up.

Living as nature intended.

• Members

Oh grow up.

You can't just say "oh everything is so pwetty, a god must exist".

Go to a starving village and say that, go to the bed of somebody dying of a horrible and gruesome illness and say that or tell it to a mother holding the decapitated torso of her child after a suicidebomber has just finished their grizzly work.

What is natural selection but endless death? Constant and merciless killing of creatures before they can pass on their DNA.

Nature is not all bunnies and rainbows.

Nature is cooly indifferent.

I don't deny the horrors that others have had to witness and deal with. Doesn't mean I can't see amazing qualities in other things I have experienced.

• Members
Do you realize how many planets there are in the universe?

Why do people think life HAS to be on Earth and that it HAS to be as it is now, that there is simply no other way it could have happened
:confused:

What are you talking about my first sentence stated that life only existing on this one planet through out this vast universe was illogical. I only stated how life on earth was created i never denounced the existence of more life out their in fact i believe their has to be more liofe out there

• Members

I don't deny the horrors that others have had to witness and deal with. Doesn't mean I can't see amazing qualities in other things I have experienced.

Then tell me why a great part of the world is pigging out while they're killing each other for food in the rest? You can't tell me the whole of africa is a bunch of sinners or godless fools...

• Members

you don't get it. first, the universe has only been here since the beginning of time, which is not the same as forever. as to whether it will end, who knows.

god's existence is not a fact. it is a belief that you hold.
man doesn't need god to exist, but god needs man to exist.

Wow. You give Humans FARRRRR too much credit. RELIGION may need mankind to exist, but certainly a GOD does not need man to exist.

-Ans-

• Members
What are you talking about my first sentence stated that life only existing on this one planet through out this vast universe was illogical. I only stated how life on earth was created i never denounced the existence of more life out their in fact i believe their has to be more liofe out there

Good job comprehending my point :freak:

• Members

I'm a christian. Everyone has their choice to believe or not to believe. At 33 years old i've witnessed a lot of great things in my life. I work in healthcare and have also witnessed some very interesting/strange events. I love nature and astronomy. This earth, life forms, solar systems etc...did not create itself in my opinion....once again IMO....Having accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior has given me an inner peace that I never had until I accepted him. I always say "i'm not that pushy type of christian that tries to force my beliefs on others"....that attitude is not right as it drives people further away from God. God gives everyone freewill. To live their life how they want. I'm fine with others who don't believe. I just don't like it when non-believers criticize/ridicule me for my beliefs. Especially when I'm not that pushy type of christian.

I really like you man lol. Your the type of christian the world needs more of. Where your beliefs are up to you to decide on and that you should let others believe as they will. This imo is the best way to think of religion

• Members

There is a God. He's just a tool with a {censored}ed up sense of humor.

"My faith is gone. Yes I do believe in Jesus. And yes I do believe in God. But do I love them? No."

100 Demons-Forsaken

you know who i love - nobody
you know who i trust - nobody
you know who i fear - nobody
i prayed a thousand times
he never answered me
do you think i've sinned
in the eyes of the lord
he never did {censored} for me
i stand alone in this world
trust and faith
so long forgotten
you and i
we are forsaken
just {censored}ing kill me

put me out of this pain

• Members

Then tell me why a great part of the world is pigging out while they're killing each other for food in the rest? You can't tell me the whole of africa is a bunch of sinners or godless fools...

Africa is still in the stone age, they cant seem to get themselves out of it. I wont say they are worse or better as humans than anyone else. There are terrible things that go on there and elsewhere, I cannot wholly explain or cure their ailments.

• Members

I don't like Religion. Jesus didn't like religion either, he was most angry with the Religious leaders of His day.

God + Jesus + Holy Spirit = The Answer.

Period.

I have to agree. The Bible is God's word. It is non-denominational in that sense. It's not Baptist, Methodist, etc... It is what it is....God also says you should not take away or add to his word. That's where a lot of denominations are in TROUBLE....IMO of course :D....Of course there are many saved people in these denominational churches...but many aren't

• Members
I have to agree. The Bible is God's word. It is non-denominational in that sense. It's not Baptist, Methodist, etc... It is what it is....God also says you should not take away or add to his word. That's where a lot of denominations are in TROUBLE....IMO of course
:D
....Of course there are many saved people in these denominational churches...but many aren't

can you elaborate a litte more?

• Members

Africa is still in the stone age, they cant seem to get themselves out of it. I wont say they are worse or better as humans than anyone else. There are terrible things that go on there and elsewhere, I cannot wholly explain or cure their ailments.

Then why is this god person some here speak of not doing something about it. He was able to create the universe as you say, so why can't he at least put those people out of their misery?

It's ridiculous to say you believe in a god because you saw so much beauty, for every beautiful thing you see there are at least 4 horrible things going on.

• Members

I really like you man lol. Your the type of christian the world needs more of. Where your beliefs are up to you to decide on and that you should let others believe as they will. This imo is the best way to think of religion

The Bible teaches to witness...BUT...if they DON'T want to hear...shake dust off your feet and go on....Christians that are pushy and cram God/Jesus down peoples throats are actually going against God's word...Most christians don't read their Bible you understand...they rely on a preacher to tell them stuff one hour every Sunday....WRONG...i believe going to church is good...but christians need to read the Bible for themselves and get their own convictions !!!!! Their is a difference between witnessing *or trying to* and being that pushy christian

• Members

I feel that their must be something out their how are we the only lifeforms in this vast universe that is illogical. The idea of God is a hope thing that something is their after everything is over. I feel their is a greater being as the coincidence of life is to much for chance imo. The creation of the Earth and life on earth was a gazillion to one chance but yet it happened.

Think about this

-Earth is the perfect distance from the sun for the correct amount of heat to support life

- When the moon and earth came together the moon hit the earth and bounced off and got stuck at the perfect distance from the earth to control the tides and balance the planet otherwise the earth would spin on an uneven axis constantly turning and basically rolling around through space.

- the atmosphere is 21% oxygen. if it was 19% we wouldnt have enough oxygen to breath, if their was 23% our bodies would be so flammable we would burst into flames.

The coincidence of life is just to much for the mind to boggle and i feel it is to much for mere coincidence.

Whether the christian God exists or not i do not know and cannot say however i do believe in a greater being in someway or form.

Also about this universe creation talk their are to many theories to count. The Big Bang of course is the most widely accepted.

But of course their are many others such as my favorite the one about how are universe is part of this "multi-verse" where all the universes sit on this one plain. And universes are created as two universes collide. and that they also believe that an entire vast universe displacing as much space as our own could exist in a laboratory and thus they want to make one. But this led me to believe how funny it would be if our entire universe was created in some lab of some other universe lol. Same theory as the little universe in the orb from the MIB movie

I think by those points alone though, the arguement can easily be made that it wasn't a God that made us, but we simply came to be what we are based on the variables that were laid out for us, basically we fine tuned ourselves into what we are today, so we can look at those variables and say "wow, everything on this planet is PERFECT for us to live in, how did that happen without a God?", when it is more of a case of " WE are perfect FOR THIS PLANET, we adapted PERFECTLY to this planet and it's conditions, so if it were to be messed us, we'd all die off."

-Ans-

• Members

Oh well i guess i misunderstood just restate your point for me plz and i will be happy to reiterate

My point is, the probability of one outcome out of countless others is irrelevant. There's an inconceivably low probablity that all the factors that let to you being born would come together. What are the chances that your parents were born in the same region of the world, or ever encountered each other, out of countless other people they could've met? What are the chances that that one sperm cell that became you fertilized the egg out of a billion others? Yet here you are...

• Members

They got themselves out of it quite easily and successfully, when the first waves of modern Homo sapiens sapiens emigrated from there and populated Europe and Asia.

Flash forward ten thousand years, give or take, and Europe put them back in it.

Not trying to flame or bust your chops (I actually agree with your view in this thread, personally!) -- just a stickler for accuracy. :thu:

• Members

The Bible teaches to witness...BUT...if they DON'T want to hear...shake dust off your feet and go on....Christians that are pushy and cram God/Jesus down peoples throats are actually going against God's word...Most christians don't read their Bible you understand...they rely on a preacher to tell them stuff one hour every Sunday....WRONG...i believe going to church is good...but christians need to read the Bible for themselves and get their own convictions !!!!! Their is a difference between witnessing *or trying to* and being that pushy christian

Ya i agree i feel to many christians havent actually read the bible

• Members

Then why is this god person some here speak of not doing something about it. He was able to create the universe as you say, so why can't he at least put those people out of their misery?

People are dealt certain cards, it can be brutal, I understand this. And as it is easy to sit here and type this in my lux office here in my nice suburb of minneapolis, people in distress are still in the company and arms of God.

It's ridiculous to say you believe in a god because you saw so much beauty, for every beautiful thing you see there are at least 4 horrible things going on.

It is not ridiculous to say that at all, actually. the beauty and simplicity of so many things strikes me as extraordinary and intentional. something more than nature itself.

Archived