Insomnia

echodeluxe

• Members

i just cannot slep.

i have my own company now, im plenty busy, play music alot, go out a bunch, i should be exhausted. well, physically i am. but i cannot sleep to save my life right not. also, theres no beer or alcohol in my house right now. so thats out. a good buzz will always knock me out eventually.

i guess my mind just wakes up at night. i play guitar till like 5 in the morning then conk out and get up at 11. whats wrong with me.

i dont like taking meds, so im hoping to avoid that.

just a random desperate thred. ignore.

or, share your insomniatic experiences.

• Members
ihave kinda the same problem... it is 4:57 am here right now and i'm still up... i don't even feel sleepy
:(
and even when i do i still cant sleep very well. I have to like force myself to sleep... sucks

where do you live?

AND YOU HAVE BRAND NEW IN YOUR SIG

{censored} yeah seaking

"and we wont let you win, though we're down and out."

• Members

i just cannot slep.

i have my own company now, im plenty busy, play music alot, go out a bunch, i should be exhausted. well, physically i am. but i cannot sleep to save my life right not. also, theres no beer or alcohol in my house right now. so thats out. a good buzz will always knock me out eventually.

i guess my mind just wakes up at night. i play guitar till like 5 in the morning then conk out and get up at 11. whats wrong with me.

What meds are you on?

• Members

it's probably stress related. you have to find a way to cut down on all the thoughts that are racing through your head while trying to sleep. there are relaxation techniques that you can do...like where you concentrate on relaxing your toes, then feet, then ankles, then calves and so on. by the time you get to your neck you should be calm enough to just fall asleep. the trick is to focus all your attention on relaxing so that your mind can relax.

• 4 years later...
  • Members

i just cannot slep.

i guess my mind just wakes up at night.
i play guitar till like 5 in the morning then conk out and get up at 11.
whats wrong with me.

It doesn't sound like you have insomnia, if you are getting 6 hours of sleep a day. That's not what insomnia is.

It sounds like your body is on a {censored}ed up sleep schedule/pattern. What I would suggest is take a day off and do your normal {censored} the night before, play guitar until 5 am etc... but DON'T go to sleep at 5am. Go somewhere like a park, beach or something and fight to keep yourself awake for that day until say 9pm, then go to sleep. You will wake up at a reasonable time the next day and put your schedule back in track.

• Members
It doesn't sound like you have insomnia, if you are getting 6 hours of sleep a day. That's not what insomnia is.

It sounds like your body is on a {censored}ed up sleep schedule/pattern. What I would suggest is take a day off and do your normal {censored} the night before, play guitar until 5 am etc... but DON'T go to sleep at 5am. Go somewhere like a park, beach or something and fight to keep yourself awake for that day until say 9pm, then go to sleep. You will wake up at a reasonable time the next day and put your schedule back in track.

It's been 5 years :lol: hopefully he's figured it out by now!

Archived