The ex tried to commit suicide.

TU BE

• Members

I cannot emphasize enough that you need FULL custody of those kids. Make sure you're documenting this entire ordeal in detail because it will come in handy.

One thing you do not want is for your kids to be in a house where your ex may be inviting male crack heads. Females crack heads aren't good, but having a male in the house with your kids is a bad, bad situation. Please trust me on this one. You don't want your kids in that house.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I cannot emphasize enough that you need FULL custody of those kids. Make sure you're documenting this entire ordeal in detail because it will come in handy.

One thing you do not want is for your kids to be in a house where your ex may be inviting male crack heads. Females crack heads aren't good, but having a male in the house with your kids is a bad, bad situation. Please trust me on this one. You don't want your kids in that house.

Definitely + 1.

• Members
I just feel so bad for my kids knowing that their mom is a godamn loser. That's when I get upset, when I think about that.

That's exactly how I'd feel. Poor kids never see their parents as "losers", they're just "Mom" or "Dad". That's what makes kids so great, but also so vulnerable.

I wish I had some words of wisdom, but you're in an undeniably tough situation. I would say that the best outcome would be that a judge gives you sole custody, but that is really just a lesser of two evils. You still have to explain to the kids why mommy can't be there anymore, and that totally sucks. Best of luck. I think you're handling this as well as it can be handled.:thu:

• Members

I wanna thank everybody for their support, wisdom and advice. I'd also like to thank everyone for keeping this thread on a mature level. I've been confiding in friends since yesterday and almost all the advice is the same.

I've been here so long you dudes are like an online family to me. Thanks!

*group hug* ;)

• Members

Meth mostly from what I know.

She has hit rock bottom already. I don't think I'm gonna go see her in the hospital either now that I think about it. I think that not going at all would make a better statement than showing up.

Meth AND suicide? Sucks for her but it's good for you. Get that divorce finalized while you have the kids and her issues are prominent. Mojo sent bro. Stay strong.

• Members

My sympathies for what happened. I'd show now mercy if I were you, get your kids and keep her out of your life. I have no idea who you are but you seem like a good guy, and you certainly don't deserve this. Keep you're head up and I sincerely hope everything works out for you.

• Members

It is a sad situation and I really feel for you. I have mixed feelings on wanting to help your ex recover vs just turning your back on it all. The thing that sticks out to me is the children, they have to be the priority so they need to be the forefront of any decisions you make on the go forward.

One thing is certain, I would not try to get back together with her at all. If you feel this way perhaps it would be better t just tell her now vs waiting for her to ge better. Who knows maybe she wants to get back together isn some sick way and you telling her may caus further damage...it would be better for her to hear that while she is under supervision of medical professionals.

You will get custody of you children but given the mental instabilities of your ex do not let her have unsupervised visits with the kids. If she' is so derranged that she'll attempt to take her own life she may harm them to get back at you for turning her back on her (at least in her twisted reality).

Does she know that you know she tried to killer herself?

• Members

It is a sad situation and I really feel for you. I have mixed feelings on wanting to help your ex recover vs just turning your back on it all. The thing that sticks out to me is the children, they have to be the priority so they need to be the forefront of any decisions you make on the go forward.

One thing is certain, I would not try to get back together with her at all. If you feel this way perhaps it would be better t just tell her now vs waiting for her to ge better. Who knows maybe she wants to get back together isn some sick way and you telling her may caus further damage...it would be better for her to hear that while she is under supervision of medical professionals.

You will get custody of you children but given the mental instabilities of your ex do not let her have unsupervised visits with the kids. If she' is so derranged that she'll attempt to take her own life she may harm them to get back at you for turning her back on her (at least in her twisted reality).

Does she know that you know she tried to killer herself?

Yeah, I called her while she was in the hospital last night. That's when I got the confession that she had been in a relationship with this dude that she INSISTED was just a "friend" for so long while trying to "work things out" with me when she got in a spat with him.

{censored}ed up dude. REALLY {censored}ed up. Like I said, just when you think someone couldn't possibly hurt you worse than they already have......

• Members

Meth mostly from what I know.

She has hit rock bottom already. I don't think I'm gonna go see her in the hospital either now that I think about it. I think that not going at all would make a better statement than showing up.

Jesus. Well good news is I can't see ANY judge awarding her any custody with a suicide attempt and meth use on record. That's a really messed up drug and you can't trust people at all who are on it. Wasn't she thinking of enlisting? God she must be totally out there to think she could handle that while smoking/snorting meth. Hope this all works out for you soon, and mojo sent man, this sounds like a continual nightmare for you and your kids.

• Members

Wow, major mojo along the way.

My take on it: your kids are #1, you are #2, she can only be responsible for herself. Being with her "for the sake of the kids" doesn't help them at all, and it sounds like it didn't help you or her. I would seriously consult a family lawyer about legal custody and do what you have to do to get out of that situation.

Sounds like you've already got it figured out though.

• Members

best wishes dude. i don't have alot to add, that others haven't touched on, but it sounds like your old feelings are your biggest danger. {censored} love. i've seen more than a few of my friends go down, after letting a woman back in after getting screwed over for years. it almost always ended with the cops putting the guy out of his own house, and waving to his children as he's taken away. i'm sorry to sound harsh, but it seems like you have a good head on your shoulders, and are on the right path. just don't want to see another decent bloke go down like that.

• Members

Hey Jason....

I think you need to stop posting here...asking advice here...and get you some pro consouling.

Um...maybe you truts a few people here more than the "professionals"....but dude, you are in a bad spot right now, and there has to be someone out there that does this for a living that can help.

Maybe someone said it already....I feel in my heart you need to bring in some real authority and knowledge, not just what we want to tell you.

Good luck and peace...

• Members

I suggest that you seek counseling in order to determine what is in the best interest of the kids.

What you both do from this point on will have a more profound and lasting effect on them -- good or bad.

Not just for the kids...for TU BE's sanity as well.

• Members

Sorry, didn't read thru the whole 5 pages. To the OP, Man you need to get that b!tch out of your life... Don't take the kids to see her in the hospital, but get those papers signed. You seriously deserve a chance to make a fresh start. I know things always get tougher when kids are involved, but Jeebus that chick is in-freakin'-sane.

Best of luck to you, bubba. Keep us posted on it...

• Members

I do plan on getting counseling. This whole relationship has {censored}ed me over. I need help getting through this thing emotionally. My kids are already in counseling at their school for kids with divorced or separated parents.

• Members
My kids are already in counseling at their school for kids with divorced or separated parents.

:mad::mad: I don't even know your wife and I'm pissed. I know what they get at school counseling, ask the school if they need more "personal" attention.

• Members
:mad:
:mad: I don't even know your wife and I'm pissed. I know what they get at school counseling, ask the school if they need more "personal" attention.

My mom is a teacher at the school they go to. She's been checking in with their counselors for me. But yea, I think all three of us would benefit from counseling right now.

That's the worst part of this all...seeing the hurt in my kids eyes. Makes me boil!!!! :mad:

Archived