How do you have your rehearsal space set up??

Guiary

• Members

I'm looking for idea's and suggestions on how to improve my bands space equipment placement.

here's how it's laid out:

(5150 1/2 Stack, Legacy 1/2 Stack), (6505 1/2 Stack)

[all the guitar amps are side by side to each other]

Far right side ----> Bass Player some 400watt 15" yorkville

and right across from the guitars are the drums.

Singers PA speakers sit on either side of the drum kit.

Problem thats occuring is that my other guitarist can't hear himself only my Legacy, I can hear both my 5150 and Legacy and also his 6505. I stand off to the side (off to the left of the 5150 if looking straight on), while he's standing right in front of his amp. All that is happening is that we are having volume wars.

Can anyone one on here give me some suggestions on how the equipment should be placed? or should I try and insist that my other guitarist stand further away from his amp?

Or finally should I get the singer, bassist, or drummer stand in the complete center and find out who is louder and who needs it turn up or down??

Thanks!!!

Gary

• Members

we set it up like it's a stage, stacks on either side of the drums facing out, bass amp about the same, with vocal monitors facing the opposite direction at the other end of the room. that usually sounds the best, less bouncing around i guess. sound all goes the same way and mixes right.

• Members

is it bad using 2 half stacks? I like the sound and it's not all that loud either, a volume of one on the Legacy and 2.75 on the 5150. Not killing small animals kind of levels

Some people automatically think "stupid loud" when they see that, and there is usually a reason for it. But no, I agree with you. A half stack doesn't need to be any louder than a small combo. They all have knobs on them.

• Members

Our space is approx 20x20 feet. We both use 1/2 stacks directly opposite each other on the sides of the space, drummer between these and the bassist directly opposite the drummer. (So the gear form sort of a cross). Absolutely no problems for anyone to hear themselves or everyone else. (Except our singer who always has problems).

• Members
n500315929_524242_5466.jpg

This was when we did a gig in our rehearsal room.

But basically turn the mic 180 degrees and pull it back (so singer is facing drummer). The bass rig takes the same position as my guitar rig but on other side of drummer. One PA speaker pointing to the band, the other was a vocal monitor for the singer.

• Members
n500315929_524242_5466.jpg

This was when we did a gig in our rehearsal room.

But basically turn the mic 180 degrees and pull it back (so singer is facing drummer). The bass rig takes the same position as my guitar rig but on other side of drummer. One PA speaker pointing to the band, the other was a vocal monitor for the singer.

Concrete walls? That's gotta sound good with those huge cymbals.

:D

BTW, nice {censored}in' amp.

• Members

They're not concrete, but 10" massive bricks!

Very old building.

Believe it or not the sound is actually quite good - you're only seeing a quarter of the room there so there's a lot of space, and we have a lot of carpets hanging on the opposite walls to stop reflections bouncing back.

But hey, we pay

Archived