How do you have your rehearsal space set up??

Guiary

• Members

drums against one wall, bass agains opposite wall, guitar cabs facing middle of the room agains side walls, and for vocals 2 speakers in the corners on the side facing the drummer.

Works fine this way, only me and the other guitarplayer have to watch out not to set the amps to loud, cause it's hard to hear how loud your amp is when you're standing right before it, so walk around a bit in you rehearsal room to check your volume.

we adapt our volume to the drums, there no need to turn up guitars that loud that you can't hear the drums clearly anymore.

• Members

is it possible to set up like you ideally would on-stage?

i.e. left to right...guitar, bass, drums, guitar...then place the vocal monitors where it's convenient

personally i've found if you have the space for it, that's the best way to go...if you're ever gonna play out you need to be used to hearing yourselves like that

• Members
is it possible to set up like you ideally would on-stage?

i.e. left to right...guitar, bass, drums, guitar...then place the vocal monitors where it's convenient

personally i've found if you have the space for it, that's the best way to go...if you're ever gonna play out you need to be used to hearing yourselves like that

True, but if you are already gigging 8-10 times a month you don't really need that reaffirming.

• Members

Here's the best way I can describe it without taking pictures.

From left to right.

Valveking/Hartke 1/2 stack setup
PA Speaker sitting on top of a peavey bass enclosure
Drum Kit
PA Speaker on the other peavey bass enclosure
Mesa 2:90 rack setup on top of a Marshall 1960B

So the 1/2 stacks are on the ends, and angled out towards the center of the room. Singer does his {censored} in front of the kit, and 10 feet behind him or so is our mixing bench.

Archived