Who needs Les Pauls . . .

worldoftone

• Members

Les Paul's practically play themselves, you need the least amount of finger strength to play one.

Strats require more skill and hand development to play
:idea:

My bottom line is, either you can play or you can't. I can pick up any style guitar, and while it may take a little while to get used to, I can make music on it.

:cool:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nope. Fail. I use a Stratocaster for everything. The most versatile guitar ever made.

At least edit your sig if you're going to make a claim like that :o

A well developed player should be able to play any reasonably well setup guitar fairly consistently.

If you can't then you're just pigeoholed into a small slot and STUCK there. :idea:

• Members

At least edit your sig if you're going to make a claim like that
:o

A well developed player should be able to play any reasonably well setup guitar fairly consistently.

If you can't then you're just pigeoholed into a small slot and STUCK there.
:idea:

I own quite a few different guitars. I use a Strat for everything. I fool around with others for fun, but bottom line when I'm recording or playing gigs, it's a Strat.

Once again, a Strat player is never stuck in a "small slot". It's the most versatile guitar out there. You can play anything on it.:cool:

• Members

.. not mine - but on occasion i have been known use them for arrow shooting ...

They don't fight you at all, it's like you can go on auto pilot when you play one....lazy. :idea:

I would never want to play a Les Paul exclusively for any length of time because your hand strength will weaken and you won't be able to play Fenders or extended scale instruments without getting your strength back up again :o

• Members

I own quite a few different guitars. I use a Strat for everything. I fool around with others for fun, but bottom line when I'm recording or playing gigs, it's a Strat.

Once again, a Strat player is never stuck in a "small slot". It's the most versatile guitar out there. You can play anything on it.

I will admit that strats are more versatile than LP's, but I love both

• Members

Nope. Fail. I use a Stratocaster for everything. The most versatile guitar ever made.

I guess there is no place in music for ES-335's and Teles, Jag/Jazzmasters, Les Pauls, Gretschs, Ricks, Danelectros, or even modern super strats a la Anderson.

I wish I was like that. No need for GAS.

• Members

The funny thing is, these retards really dont need Strats anyways, they use too much gain to be able tell any tonal difference between them.
:lol:

eA ZEE! jeez man.. we're not ALL high gainers, t!

i REALLLY dig the orange one in the front row of the pic.. that's sexy as hell.

BUT.. that said... i need my LP.. just don't need the extry bite of single coils for what i do! but i stand by my guit..

i still dig the collection though.. damn that's a who lotta strat..

• Members

I guess there is no place in music for ES-335's and Teles, Jag/Jazzmasters, Les Pauls, Gretschs, Ricks, Danelectros, or even modern super strats a la Anderson.

I wish I was like that. No need for GAS.

IIRC the OP has a collection of many other vintage gems as well ;)

And while you could use a good strat for everything, I agree that there are many other cool types of guitars besides strats:

P1000434.jpg

Archived