Who needs Les Pauls . . .

worldoftone

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fail because no one really needs more than two guitars of the same style imo, whats the point if they all sound the same/similar :idk: Just seems like a waste of space and money to me :o

edit - that orange one with black pickups looks pretty cool though :idea: I had a parts strat and just didnt get on with it - I like the sound that some people get out of singlecoils but I can never make it work for me :( Another thing is the feel, I'm so used to my LP having a raised bridge that the low-profile strat bridge feels weird in comparison. Also I prefer a flatter radius. If I get another strat it'll be a warmoth with compound radius neck, hard tail with single bridge humbucker, single volume control and a kill switch, to bring teh ultimate rawk :rawk:

• Members
Fail because no one really needs more than two guitars of the same style imo, whats the point if they all sound the same/similar
:idk:
Just seems like a waste of space and money to me
:o

The only failure here is your use of logic. It was a waste of money to buy all these vintage Strats back in the 80's when they were cheap, that now are worth $20,000 a piece?

Thats the thing about this forum, most of you guys are clueless about vintage gear. :lol:

• Members

The only failure here is your use of logic. It was a waste of money to buy all these vintage Strats back in the 80's when they were cheap, that now are worth $20,000 a piece?

Thats the thing about this forum, most of you guys are clueless about vintage gear.
:lol:

I didnt realise that, I dont have a clue about vintage gear. In that case, having all of those is a good thing :thu:

• Members

That's because most people lather their tone with so much gain you cannot hear the inherent properties of the guitar. I'm guilty of it too once in a while.

I somewhat remember Paul Gilbert saying in a Dimarzio ad that it really doesn't matter what pickup some people use because they load their tone with so much gain. I agree for the most part.:cool:

• Members
That's because most people lather their tone with so much gain you cannot hear the inherent properties of the guitar. I'm guilty of it too once in a while.

I somewhat remember Paul Gilbert saying in a Dimarzio ad that it really doesn't matter what pickup some people use because they load their tone with so much gain. I agree for the most part.
:cool:

I'm probably guilty of using too much gain every now and then :o I still say that most strats will sound the same/similar to each other, just due to the design and construction :idk:

• Members
I did say similar. Guitars of the same style tend to sound very similar, well they do to me anyway

I didnt realise that, I dont have a clue about vintage gear. In that case, having all of those is a good thing
:thu:

I apologize for comming off like a dick, it just boggles my mind when people hate on a vintage Strat collection. I guess its because im a strat guy, and most of the guys around here are not into that sort of thing. :)

Ive also played quite a few of those at World of Tones house. Each one of his strats sound different. Some are darker, some are brighter, I think some of them hardtails as well. Some have hotter pickups than others etc... Sure, they all have that strat sound, but some may work awesome for blues, while others are perfect for metal... Or a few might be THE strat for a nice country chickin' pickin' tone.

You guys should see his wall of vintage amps. Dude knows tone. :)

• Members
I'm probably guilty of using too much gain every now and then
:o
I still say that most strats will sound the same/similar to each other, just due to the design and construction

I have two strats that sound completely different from one another. One has a great high end that'll rip your head off. I use it for SRV type stuff. I have another that is dark and smooth, I use it for just about everything. It's dead quiet and records amazingly.

Anyway, they all sound different:cool:

• Members

Top row, second from the right. The not-quite-white one, thats a butterscotch blonde, no? I think it's the nicest of the bunch, that one is just sexy to me. I'm not really a Strat guy, but I'd love to test drive that one.

• Members

I have two strats that sound completely different from one another. One has a great high end that'll rip your head off. I use it for SRV type stuff. I have another that is dark and smooth, I use it for just about everything. It's dead quiet and records amazingly.

Anyway, they all sound different:cool:

Fair enough, like I say I've always sound strats to sound like strats should, no matter what pickups etc are in them - they always just sound like strats to me :idk: Same goes for any other style of guitar actually. Then again I dont care too much about the subtle differences, though I'm sure people will say my ear just isnt developed enough to hear the differences or something :D

Archived