Mesa Mark V

noirjp

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So it was bull{censored}, like I thought. My wishes still apply :love:

But honestly, you know that Mesa is working on it, even if it's just in the planning stage. The IV is legendary, and it's been almost three decades since they've come out with a new Mark (and it's not like they'd have to think of a catchy new name). And with guys like Petrucci those guys from Lamb of God using the IVs, they're all the rage now. If you could get a high-profile guy like Petrucci to endorse the Mark V, it would be treated like the freaking second coming of Christ. Whatever they did, it would sell like hotcakes, even with a $2500 price tag or something, which is probably around what they'd charge.

• Members

It will have 5, 5 band eq's. One for each channel. It will also have 5 effects loops. Channels 1-clean (mark 1), 2-(mark-4 crunch), 3-(mark 2c+ lead), 4-(recto lead-tighter),5-(super boosted stilleto-british lead). It will be fully midi and they are working on a new technology for wireless remote control. It will have an antennae on it.

Tell us what else, Black John Petrucci.

• Members

I think they should improve it by:

Offering a Colliseum version in a single rack mount

A flip down LCD monitor with iPHone like control panel so when you switch channels you don't have to deal with push pull knobs. LCD monitor will be tube powered of course.

A custom rack case with diamond plate spinna's and Bubinga hardwood.

A suck mode toggle switch for each of the 10 channels.

• Members
I think they should improve it by:

Offering a Colliseum version in a single rack mount

A flip down LCD monitor with iPHone like control panel so when you switch channels you don't have to deal with push pull knobs. LCD monitor will be tube powered of course.

A custom rack case with diamond plate spinna's and Bubinga hardwood.

A suck mode toggle switch for each of the 10 channels.

ROTFLWEILER :lol:

WIN.

• Members

Not me :poke:

I'll keep my IV, buy the V and A/B 'em... then I MIGHT sell, if it's very convincing.

I hope that Mesa keeps the tradition of short heads... I love that. You can rack 'em, plus it gives the amp such a distinctive look.

Amen to that. Most heads are gigantious. IV certainly packs a punch in a small case.

• Members
That's how my amps work.
:idea:

That old Gibson thing? It works for YOU. Great.

On a serious note....I believe it's one reason for the success of the IV. If you have the brainpower...you can dial it in for different uses and gear.

I won't sound like how *I* want to sound using YOUR amps. :idea:

• Members

It will have 5, 5 band eq's. One for each channel. It will also have 5 effects loops. Channels 1-clean (mark 1), 2-(mark-4 crunch), 3-(mark 2c+ lead), 4-(recto lead-tighter),5-(super boosted stilleto-british lead). It will be fully midi and they are working on a new technology for wireless remote control. It will have an antennae on it.

And we'll build a new robot, with freeway on ramps for arms, and a heart as black as coal!

• Members
That old Gibson thing? It works for YOU. Great.

On a serious note....I believe it's one reason for the success of the IV. If you have the brainpower...you can dial it in for different uses and gear.

I won't sound like how *I* want to sound using YOUR amps.

Or my old Fenders, Marshalls, etc :idea:

btw, that was an old Harmony, not an overpriced Gibson toy. :cop:

• Members

If I got to design the Mark V here is what i would do:

Keep it 3 channels.
Keep the graphic eq
Keep the vintage look

Change the knob/button layout so that each channel has its own set of knobs like a rectifier.

Add a mode switch, like the JVM maybe, where each channel has 3 modes so that channel 2 could be as heavy as channel 3 with different eq settings etc.

My modes would be:

Channel 1 - Clean, AC-30ish, JTM-45ish

Channel 2 - Crunch, Mark Rhythm, new Mark V rhythm for heavy stuff

Channel 3 - Crunchy lead, Mark IV lead, new Mark V lead

All midi switchable and assignable with eq and FX loops etc.

• Members
if this is true, then, woohoo, can't wait till it comes so the MKIV prices plunge so i can finally buy one
:thu:

i think you got it backwards. as soon as the mark v comes out, the mark iv will become "rare out of production vintage boogie no longer available" with way better tone and reliability and parts than the "new mass-produced models" like the mark v etc. blah blah blah... and prices will skyrocket.

• Members
Or my old Fenders, Marshalls, etc

btw, that was an old Harmony, not an overpriced Gibson toy.
:cop:

:o

I have an old Harmony hollowbody. Says "made in USA inside". I love that guitar. Also have my old Twin too.

They don't make them like they used ta.

• Members

A Mark III is hard enough to dial in.

Forget it... Get a Mark III.
Here's how to dial:
Plug directly in and set volume to playing level with EQ and tone controls at midway.
Hit low E-string and set low EQ fader to best tone...
Follow accordingly with the A-string/ second lowest EQ fader, etc., and average it out.
(only 5 EQ faders and 6 open strings).

Seriously, I have found that if I do this before plugging in my effect pedals and jamming, I will most likely get the best results!

• Members

You forgot about the cup holders snatch face.

• Members
i think you got it backwards. as soon as the mark v comes out, the mark iv will become "rare out of production
vintage
boogie no longer available" with way better tone and reliability and parts than the "new mass-produced models" like the mark v etc. blah blah blah... and prices will skyrocket.

I'm very glad I have mine. :)

I'll never sell it.

Archived