My plexi sounds better with the presence crancked and mids to 0

peppe6v6

• Members
LIsten here the difference:

The first with mids to 12 o' clock presence at 16 o' clock and highs at 15 o' clock:

the second with no mids prsence near max and highs at 11 o' clock:

Night and day I think

clocks only go up to 12 o clock unless you have some weird military time clock.

• Members

I'd have to say the first one sounds fatter and has a bit more growl. The second one sounds tighter but definitely thinner. Nice tone regardless.

To me the first sound a bit fizzy and muddy i think the second is much more musical and more balanced

• Members

The first with mids to 12 o' clock presence at 16 o' clock and highs at 15 o' clock:

Night and day I think

i think this just proves 1 thing: a plexi sounds good no matter what.

• Members

Night and day I think

Both of those clips sound thin to me. You should try cranking the mids to 10 and recording that.

• Members

Both of those clips sound thin to me. You should try cranking the mids to 10 and recording that.

I was tryng to go in the directon of VH tone

if you listen his tone in 1984 that is the cd that i'm listening now, the tone there isn't very fat.

• Members

And roll back the treble to 3 or 4.

Yes, it has the ice pick thing going on. That's the biggest problem to me, and probably what's making it sound thin, since it screams for attention from your ears.

But all the same, I'd probably turn the mids up all the way, anyways. I can't think of any particular normal Marshall that I ever thought sounded better with the mids lowered.

• Members

I was tryng to go in the directon of VH tone

if you listen his tone in 1984 that is the cd that i'm listening now, the tone there isn't very fat.

Fatter than the tone you posted IMO.

Plug into just the high input, crank Vol 1 to 10.

pres: 6

bass: 4 or 5

mids: 7 or 8

treble: 3 or 4

That will get you closer to VH IMO...

• Members

Fatter than the tone you posted IMO.

Plug into just the high input, crank Vol 1 to 10.

pres: 6

bass: 4 or 5

mids: 7 or 8

treble: 3 or 4

That will get you closer to VH IMO...

I will try

but to my ears the CD i'm listening now sound even thinner, has less bass and overall a not very large tone

is not the size of the tone that makes it great for me

• Members

Guitar in decent recordings rarely has much/any bass. That's not what makes a guitar sound big. You can't even distinguish it, even if it is there. It's the mids.

Some VH sounds pretty thin and borderline scoopy to me, but your treble still sounds too high. Listen to both of your clips really loud. They're ear death. Fix that, and it will be a heck of a lot more balanced.

• Members

Guitar in decent recordings rarely has much/any bass. That's not what makes a guitar sound big. You can't even distinguish it, even if it is there. It's the mids.

Some VH sounds pretty thin and borderline scoopy to me, but your treble still sounds too high. Listen to both of your clips really loud. They're ear death. Fix that, and it will be a heck of a lot more balanced.

Thank you for the suggestion:thu:

• Members

About the clock thing, going to 12 only:
Its not really true, because here in Sweden for example we dont use
A.M. and P.M., We say 16.00. when the clock is 4 PM and 20.00 when its 8 PM and so on.
I dont know how its in Italy (The author seems to be from Italy?) but maybe its something like that.

• Members

About the clock thing, going to 12 only:

Its not really true, because here in Sweden for example we dont use

A.M. and P.M., We say 16.00. when the clock is 4 PM and 20.00 when its 8 PM and so on.

I dont know how its in Italy (The author seems to be from Italy?) but maybe its something like that.

That doesn't change the fact that the clock only has 12 hours on the dial. So when describing a DIRECTION instead of 15 o'clock you'd normally say 3 o'clock no matter if you use the 12 or 24 hour format.

Archived