Do you Pull up? (Floyd Rose content)

Rydock

• Members

This goes out to all you Floyd Rose users and other floating trems: Do you guys use your trems to pull up? Or do you have it floating and only dive with it? How many of you block your trems because you know you're only going to dive with it.

How are you guys using your trems?

• Members

The pull up function just allows me to do whammy vibrato in the manner I want to. I don't use it to actually bend notes up...

BTW I have a Wilkinson not a floyd though... it still has the crater under the bridge for extended range

• Members

Great input guys. Myself, I almost never pull up, but it's great to have the freedom of doing so. To me, it feels like a waste to block a trem that stays in perfect tune when floating it, but I do so anyways. I've had a Tremol-no installed because I play in so many tunings with my guitar. However, I usually only set it to dive-only most of the time. When I'm in D standard, It's full floating, in drop C and lower tunings it's dive-only.

Lately, I've been thinking of removing the Tremol-no altogether, and just blocking it permanently with a wood block or metal washers or something.

• Members

Floyd rose is an art in itself. Any boob can hit a harmonic on the 3rd fret G string and think he's dimebag darrell, or any nob-end can play his E string and dive it out and think "wow... tuh muthulz"... using a floyd rose takes practise, endless hawg dang patience and most of all creative flair. I've used floyds for many years, and yea even though dimebag is one of my indirect mentors, I also pay a lot of attention to funk players, they make some great use of floyds as do Skid Row dudes, Joe Satch, etc...

• Members

Sure, I always pull out. That way my girl doesn't get pregnant...oh, you said pull UP...

I set my floyd(actually ibanez edge) to go up a 3rd. The body is routed, so the trem is at an even profile when looking at the guitar. A fifth would cause the bridge to be tilted too much forward. I don't like that.

• Members

I do a pretty good bit. I have something to admit, i'm not great at pinch harmonics! I know i'm ashamed. And a natural harmonic with a whammy bar pull or dive sounds pretty awesome instead if you don't overuse them, you could do this with pinch harmonics as well. But I also use it for crazy stuff like audioslave solos, I don't need no stinking whammy pedal! I use the trem!

• Members

I used to do flutters and pull backs and all that but once I jumped into my new band, we fluctuate from standard to drop D a lot in our sets so I bought a D-tuna and had to block the trem in the cavity.

I used to use a tremolno but it doesn't fit very well in the new brass floyd block (which kicks epic amounts of ass btw)

IMG_9083.jpg

www.floydupgrades.com

• Members

I always be pullin' up yo.

I pulls up at mah bitches house.

I pulls up at teh shops.

I pulls up at ma house.

I pulls up at school.

Sometimes I'm just chillin an all of a suddin I just randomly pulls up on a bitch n they all like damn son u just pulled that {censored} the {censored} up, n I'm like chyeaa bitch u know I just pulled that {censored} all the way up u better reco'nize.

• Members

Anyone find that when you blocked your floyd, you get a punchier sound? I was doing comparison tests by locking and unlocking, my tremol-no, and I could swear that I that it is indeed punchier when I set it yo dive-only or hard-tail.

Like I never believed this before, because I never found a difference in sustain on my floyded guitars and other bridge styles. But this pretty much convinced me. It's real subtle though.

• Members

Anyone find that when you blocked your floyd, you get a punchier sound? I was doing comparison tests by locking and unlocking, my tremol-no, and I could swear that I that it is indeed punchier when I set it yo dive-only or hard-tail.

Like I never believed this before, because I never found a difference in sustain on my floyded guitars and other bridge styles. But this pretty much convinced me. It's real subtle though.

Get a brass block. Those things sound like a fixed all lead guitar, Expensive as shit but they do the trick. And you can still float :evil:

Archived