I am in awe of the sheer incomptency and rudeness! A warning to my fellow Atlantans.

mparsons

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've thought this one through. I never signed a contract, so any agreement would have to be verbal. I asked them to wire my guitar in a certain way, and agreed to pay them when the guitar was received with it wired how I wanted it. They didn't wire it how I want it, and they flat out refused. If they aren't going to hold up their end of the contract, I'm certainly not.

Then again, maybe you could turn them into the police for violating their end of the deal and "damaging" your guitar by miswiring it and then refusing to make it right when all you took it in for was basically a replacement switch..... Just a thought. :cop:

• Members

You better pay them though or get it straightened out. Guaranteed you'll lose in an argument with the cops.

Cops aren't going to do {censored}, this isn't a criminal matter. The most they could do would be to take him to court.

When they do that, and he shows that they ruined his previous work and didn't accomplish what they were supposed to, I don't see that they have a leg to stand on.

• Members
Then again, maybe you could turn
them
into the police for violating their end of the deal and "damaging" your guitar by miswiring it and then refusing to make it right when all you took it in for was basically a replacement switch..... Just a thought.
:cop:

This is not a criminal issue where you would employ the police. Seems like more of a civil matter and you'd just hire an attorney and sue them for damages. You get money from the offender in order to make you whole - which means the damage to you was permanent and only the money could offset that. That's not the case here and you'd never even make it into court on that premise.

• Members
I would've included 17tubes dumbass on this but I can't quote him because, thankfully, he's on my ignore list.

Seriously guys, pay attention. Yes, mparsons could've learned how to do this himself. It isn't hard but some people just aren't interested in the whole DIY thing. Techs offer a service to those of us who can afford to have someone else fix it. And someone who is calling themselves a "tech" should be able to wire a guitar and rewire a guitar if need be. It's not like they had to change an engine on a 69' VW beetle. They had to fix a wiring job that THEY {censored}ed up. Then they had the audacity to give him {censored}? I think his reaction was calm.

At this point I'm sure mparsons will learn how to do his own {censored} because he doesn't want the headache anymore. But seriously dudes, {censored}ING THINK.

I'm starting to understand why Weathered yells at everyone on this forum.
:mad:

Yeah...I know I am on ignore. (Cool...I don;t think I'm THAT horrible asinine troll that I need to be on anyone's ignore....but okay.) Maybe someone will quote me for ya?

I said basically what you said. That, really, a guitar player SHOULD be able to solder in a switch or pot. You might have to do that right before a gig sometime. IF nothing else...it saves money...and you know you did it right.

The "offensive" thing seems to be "we often have only ourselves to blame". The OP didn't have a receipt for prior work, as proof the store did the work.

DId you catch that? Apparently NO RECEIPT! NE never ,mentioned it anyway. How do you expect to get anywhere without a receipt. A little {censored}ty on their part.... but ALWAYS ALWAYS C.Y.A....right?

SO really...I don;t see what's so {censored}ed up about saying that. Are we really THAT sensitive around here? IF so...I better get on more ignore lists.

• Members

The OP didn't have a receipt for prior work, as proof the store did the work.

DId you catch that? Apparently NO RECEIPT! NE never ,mentioned it anyway. How do you expect to get anywhere without a receipt. A little {censored}ty on their part.... but ALWAYS ALWAYS C.Y.A....right?

A receipt for the prior (correct) work is Not Relevant in this case because he was only having the switch changed, not because it was defective but to a different color. The Guitar had NO Problems when he took it in, only after they jumped on it and in an idiotic soiree of dumbass with a soldering iron, mommucked the wiring up.

• Members

Hide the sharp objects! Someone botched a switch wiring! :facepalm:

I'm sure the OP was frustrated with the job but there are better ways to handle these things other than telling them to shove it up their ass and then posting {censored} about them all over the internet.

BTW, Cumming isn't Atlanta. Why are you warning Atlanta guys about a shop in Cumming? Nobody in their right mind would drive 50 miles from Atlanta to a shop in a podunk town like Cumming for guitar work. In the words of the great Windton Wolfe, move out of the sticks! :)

• Members

A receipt for the prior (correct) work is Not Relevant in this case because he was only having the switch changed, not because it was defective but to a different color. The Guitar had NO Problems when he took it in, only after they jumped on it and in an idiotic soiree of dumbass with a soldering iron, mommucked the wiring up.

That is apparently the case. I read it wrong here:

They act a little frustrated. A tiny bit of rolling the eyes, sighing... really subtle stuff but I picked up on it. Can't sneak that {censored} past the ol' Parsons. They take me back to the workroom, and plug the guitar into an Epiphone practice amp. I use the switch to select pickups, hey it works! Great! Bridge volume works, push-pull splits the bridge pickup alright... The neck volume doesn't work? What?

Apparently they wired it so the bridge volume controlled both the neck and bridge... a universal volume control. Odd... I check to see if they made the neck volume a tone knob. Nope. It doesn't do anything.

I bring this up to a tech. It wasn't the guy that wired it up though. I explain the wiring set up again, how it was a bridge/neck volume with push-pull selector switch for splitting the humbuckers. Not to mention that it was already wired up correctly, and all they had to do was solder the leads to the pickup selector switch... In order to wire how they did, they would have had to completely tear out the wiring, and completely redo everything.

The part where he said "it wasn;t the guy that wired it up". Well.... FIND HIM!

Well...you know...ravel can lead the charge about 17 tubes being a jackass. Big deal,. So a bunch of other jackasses think I am one too. Boo hoo.

Now maybe this guy did have some issues. If I didn't give a damn enough to do my own work, I suppose I'd have the same feeling about it.

But I STILL stand by my comment...whether it is relevent here or not. More often than not...you only have YOURSELF to blame.

Judging by the responses to my comment....I can see most of you don;t subscribe to that....fine. Suit yourself.

And yes....soldering things like pots and switches are SO Easy. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Just a little interest and a 15 dollar iron. Save your money and enjoy the feeling of DIY.

17 tubes the jacksass over and out done here.

• Members
Hide the sharp objects! Someone botched a switch wiring!
:facepalm:

I'm sure the OP was frustrated with the job but there are better ways to handle these things other than telling them to shove it up their ass and then posting {censored} about them all over the internet.

BTW, Cumming isn't Atlanta. Why are you warning Atlanta guys about a shop in Cumming? Nobody in their right mind would drive 50 miles from Atlanta to a shop in a podunk town like Cumming for guitar work. In the words of the great Windton Wolfe, move out of the sticks!
:)

my guess would be probably because its only 50 miles from atlanta and if people from cumming look at this they will probably click on it because they live in ther atlanta area? :idea: or if people from atlanta happen to be up there for something they will know? :idea:

and i think the guy handled it quite well tbh- if they'd have been that way to me id have got pretty pissed off about it too.

• Members
my guess would be probably because its only 50 miles from atlanta and if people from cumming look at this they will probably click on it because they live in ther atlanta area?
:idea:
or if people from atlanta happen to be up there for something they will know?

and i think the guy handled it quite well tbh- if they'd have been that way to me id have got pretty pissed off about it too.

Word. If the thread title said "A warning to my fellow Cummings...", only 2 people would view the thread, and then he'd get bant.

• Members

Well the guitar has become a world-wide and accessible thing to have and do. If all these people are going to have guitars, given they are so plentiful and modestly priced, they're going to need servicing, right?

What made me "go learn it" is once I went to Denmark Street. I had a Dimarzio Distortion to put into my BC Rich.

Start off by them going on about "Do they even make pieces of {censored} like this anymore" (BC Rich)... bear in mind I;d bought it off them for

• Members

Man... you're going to the wrong guy. Call attina's music in forrest park and talk to JB. (404) 361-7939. He's done all my guitar work for the last 5 years or so. He builds custom guitars (www.jnunisguitars.com) and he also builds and relics custom strats and teles (he's building me one right now). He cuts all his own bodies and uses hand selected tone woods, etc. He's the coolest and imo the best in town at building and repairs.

• Members
Well the guitar has become a world-wide and accessible thing to have and do. If all these people are going to have guitars, given they are so plentiful and modestly priced, they're going to need servicing, right?

What made me "go learn it" is once I went to Denmark Street. I had a Dimarzio Distortion to put into my BC Rich.

Start off by them going on about "Do they even make pieces of {censored} like this anymore" (BC Rich)... bear in mind I;d bought it off them for

• Members
Cumming is in the Atlanta metro area
What would you have done?

I was just giving you {censored} for being fom Cumming. ;) I always thought that was funny name for a town. I'm sure you've never heard this joke: Why do all the guys in Buford have blue balls? Because they are always close to Cumming. :lol:

(Buford is an ATL suburb close to Cumming, for those not from these parts)

Anyway, that's an easy fix. Couldn't you have convinced them to do it while you were there and you could tell the guy exactly what you wanted done, as he was doing it? Bottom line is, you wanted your gear fixed and you didn't get it. Sometimes you gotta sell these guys on doing what you want, when you want.

• Members

That is all kinds of {censored}ed. Chris Duarte moved out to Atlanta and he said that most of the "techs" he's encountered out there are morons. He wont even let anybody work on his '63 Strat. He ships it in a flight case back to Austin so my tech can do the work for him.

And those {censored}s giving you hard time for testing out the guitar is preposterous. My tech wont even let me out of the door and till I go over it with a fine-tooth comb.

I wouldnt have payed those {censored}s either. If you're playing out a lot, ask other guitarists in the scene who does their work. Maybe you can find somebody decent.

• Members
I would've included 17tubes dumbass on this but I can't quote him because, thankfully, he's on my ignore list.

Seriously guys, pay attention. Yes, mparsons could've learned how to do this himself. It isn't hard but some people just aren't interested in the whole DIY thing. Techs offer a service to those of us who can afford to have someone else fix it. And someone who is calling themselves a "tech" should be able to wire a guitar and rewire a guitar if need be. It's not like they had to change an engine on a 69' VW beetle. They had to fix a wiring job that THEY {censored}ed up. Then they had the audacity to give him {censored}? I think his reaction was calm.

At this point I'm sure mparsons will learn how to do his own {censored} because he doesn't want the headache anymore. But seriously dudes, {censored}ING THINK.

I'm starting to understand why Weathered yells at everyone on this forum.
:mad:

Exactly what the {censored} are you talking about? I never said he shouldn't be pissed. The tech obviously {censored}ed up. The OP had a right to be pissed. Did I say he didn't? I gave him my advice on how to make sure that this situation does not happen again since there are so many {censored}ty "techs" out there. I don't care who can afford what...I can afford to have a tech replace my tubes all the time, but I don't because I know how. Who doesn't want to save some money and hassle? Basically what I'm saying is...what the hell is your problem?

• Members

As for learning to solder... {censored} that. I play guitar, not work on them. I could practice soldering and maybe get prettty good at it, but I know I can take it to my tech, have him do it perfectly in 10 minutes and be on my way.

Archived