I am in awe of the sheer incomptency and rudeness! A warning to my fellow Atlantans.

mparsons

• Members

That is all kinds of {censored}ed. Chris Duarte moved out to Atlanta and he said that he most of the "techs" he's encountered out there are morons. He wont even let anymody work on his '63 Strat. He ships it in a flight case back to Austin so my tech can do the work for him.

Sounds right. One of my best friends has done some touring with Duarte since he moved out here. Told me Duarte keeps the Strat keeps within eyesight pretty much 24/7 when they are on the road. I could see him being extra picky about his stuff.

Atlanta has some good techs but for some reason they seem to be hard to find.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is all kinds of {censored}ed. Chris Duarte moved out to Atlanta and he said that most of the "techs" he's encountered out there are morons. He wont even let anybody work on his '63 Strat. He ships it in a flight case back to Austin so my tech can do the work for him.

And those {censored}s giving you hard time for testing out the guitar is preposterous. My tech wont even let me out of the door and till I go over it with a fine-tooth comb.

I wouldnt have payed those {censored}s either. If you're playing out a lot, ask other guitarists in the scene who does their work. Maybe you can find somebody decent.

That's how it SHOULD be.

When I was having my project guitar put together by a tech here(keep in mind, the guitar is for looks...I don't really play it), he was drilling holes in the neck, and accidentally put a tiny crack in the fretboard...spent hours with glue and clamps and whatnot, and when I went there, he made me inspect it, and told me what he had done...then told me I didn't have to pay since he {censored}ed up. In all honesty, I wouldn't have even noticed...it didn't play any differently, and even after he pointed it out, it was still almost impossible to see. Needless to say, I payed him the full amount, and told him I'd go back to him for any repairs. Accidents/mistakes/{censored} happens...manning up to it even when you don't have to...doesn't...not very often at least.

• Members
That's how it SHOULD be.

When I was having my project guitar put together by a tech here(keep in mind, the guitar is for looks...I don't really play it), he was drilling holes in the neck, and accidentally put a tiny crack in the fretboard...spent hours with glue and clamps and whatnot, and when I went there, he made me inspect it, and told me what he had done...then told me I didn't have to pay since he {censored}ed up. In all honesty, I wouldn't have even noticed...it didn't play any differently, and even after he pointed it out, it was still almost impossible to see. Needless to say, I payed him the full amount, and told him I'd go back to him for any repairs. Accidents/mistakes/{censored} happens...manning up to it even when you don't have to...doesn't...not very often at least.

Now THATS a good guy. Thats how my tech is. Ive been going to him since I was 18 and he never lets me down. Hell, he does free work for me all the time. But he also knows I generate business for him by telling every single soul I play with where to take their guitfiddles. :)

• Members
Now THATS a good guy. Thats how my tech is. Ive been going to him since I was 18 and he never lets me down. Hell, he does free work for me all the time. But he also knows I generate business for him by telling every single soul I play with where to take their guitfiddles.
:)

Yep! He could have just as easily not told me about it...and I probably never would have noticed.

Archived