I am in awe of the sheer incomptency and rudeness! A warning to my fellow Atlantans.

mparsons

• Members

I'ma little confused.

You can't solder a pickup slector switch?

Are you allowed to drive? Operate the TV remote? Walk and chew gum?

:p

Alos...how do you just go from 9v to 18v? What made you decide to do that? I assume a 9v system would work with a 9v battery. And a 18v system would work with 2 9v batteries.

And...don't you have receipts of the original work? If I had work done, and it wasn;t right, I'd have 3 copies of the receipt down there the next day.

Funny...if we really objectively think about our end-of-the-world problems...how much you have no one to blame but yourself.

17 tubes the jackass over and out!

:facepalm:

I know how to solder, and I know how to wire everything, BUT I'm not any good at it. Rather than attempt to do it, fail, and then take it to the store anyway, I thought I'd cut out the first two steps.

So I take it to a store and have them do it. The story is the result, what happened.

I didn't get a receipt because I didn't pay. I inspected the guitar before they even gave me a price, and it was faulty, so I told them what was wrong, and they took it back. That's all there is to it. If you're talking about the previous work I had done, that was YEARS ago, and they weren't doubting that they had done previous work, but rather that they had done the work that {censored}ed the guitar up in the first place.

Yeah, it is really easy to solder, I know. And I should just practice and get good at it. I will. But that doesn't mean its OK for a store to act like that. If I'm going to pay someone to do something, it needs to be done right and they shouldn't be an asshole to my face.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The OP's soldering skills shouldn't be the topic of this thread. The fact of the matter is, customer service like that should not be given a reason to exist and should be highlighted so that the rest of us living around that area know to avoid them.

Yes soldering is an easy job but hey, some people may not be good at it. Plain and simple.

Don't you have like a Better Business Bureau to lodge complaints ?

• Members

The OP's soldering skills shouldn't be the topic of this thread. The fact of the matter is, customer service like that should not be given a reason to exist and should be highlighted so that the rest of us living around that area know to avoid them.

Yes soldering is an easy job but hey, some people may not be good at it. Plain and simple.

Don't you have like a Better Business Bureau to lodge complaints ?

Thank you.

As for the BBB, I thought they only dealt with legal matters, like theft, scams, etc... not bad customer service.

• Members

Thank you.

As for the BBB, I thought they only dealt with legal matters, like theft, scams, etc... not bad customer service.

I didn't know that.

Over here, we have a bureau that we go to to lodge complaints of bad customer service. They do thorough investigations too so that's cool.

• Members

And...don't you have receipts of the original work? If I had work done, and it wasn;t right, I'd have 3 copies of the receipt down there the next day.

Funny...if we really objectively think about our end-of-the-world problems...how much you have no one to blame but yourself.

17 tubes the jackass over and out!

For someone on such a high horse, I think your reading comprehension skills are lacking.

The original work WAS done right. The only reason why he took the guitar back was because he changed the hardware to black and needed the splitter to be switched to a new (black) one.

This second time, he ended up not paying so there is no receipt.

Showing the receipt for the first time wouldn't help a bit, because they could still claim that the guitar probably was modified again after they did the work, since there was no complaint for the original work.

This is terrible customer service.

• Members
It's on GA-9. Pretty far north of Atlanta, actually, in the Forsyth County area, but hey, {censored} these assholes, I want the whole city to know these guys are full of {censored}.

Forsyth? Well {censored}, man...what do you expect? :lol: Kidding...you should just get used to doing the soldering yourself, though, because you'll probably want to swap out a lot of pickups as time passes, and music stores are really like Russian Roulette unless you really have had good service from a particular tech at one before. I hate soldering those goddamn push-pull pots though, so I don't blame you. Surprisingly, the tech at the Sam Ash in Marietta did a good job doing that sort of install for me once. Did it the same day I dropped it off, too, without me asking for that kind of service.

• Members
Forsyth? Well {censored}, man...what do you expect?
:lol:
Kidding...you should just get used to doing the soldering yourself, though, because you'll probably want to swap out a lot of pickups as time passes, and music stores are really like Russian Roulette unless you really have had good service from a particular tech at one before. I hate soldering those goddamn push-pull pots though, so I don't blame you. Surprisingly, the tech at the Sam Ash in Marietta did a good job doing that sort of install for me once. Did it the same day I dropped it off, too, without me asking for that kind of service.

Wow. I might go there if I need any real tech work, do you know his name?

• Members

Thank you.

well essentially your bad customer service could be considered theft/scam/vandalism in that they tried to take your money without performing the desired service, then ruined your 18v mod.

having someone pay for a service that isnt done properly is as bad as theft/scam in many cases thats exactly what a scam is!

• Members

Wow. I might go there if I need any real tech work, do you know his name?

Nope, don't remember. It was last year, though...you should call them and inquire about having it done, they'll put you through to him if he's there. If its the same guy, you'll be able to tell from talking to him that its not a problem for him. When I talked to him I got that impression and it was correct. I've dealt with techs before where you can tell from the outset that they don't want to deal with it or don't know how...

• Members

Oh, and I thought you mentioned push-pull pots, not a selector switch. That's not half as annoying as wiring those kind of pots. If you take the time, its worth it to get better at doing it yourself.

• Members

I went to Kalamazoo Vintage Guitars the other day to have some vintage tubes tested. The owner tried to find the right settings in his tester's manual, but it didn't have them. He said to leave them until Monday, and he'd check them out.

So, I so in there today, and ask about my tubes. The owner says that one of the tubes is good, and the other one is shot. So, i ask him what numbers to good one gets. The asshole SHOWS ME how to set up a tester, and PERFORMS the tests while I WATCH. THEN, after he tests the tube, I ask him how much.

He has the NERVE to tell me to "get outta here" and "don't worry about it".

Bull{censored}.

So, I hand him a $10 and storm out.

Trying to not charge me. Who does he think he is?

What a dick! :poke:

• Members
Nope, don't remember. It was last year, though...you should call them and inquire about having it done, they'll put you through to him if he's there. If its the same guy, you'll be able to tell from talking to him that its not a problem for him. When I talked to him I got that impression and it was correct.
I've dealt with techs before where you can tell from the outset that they don't want to deal with it or don't know how...

I've seen many a tech like this. IMO, if you're gonna put yourself out there as a tech, you better be able to do stuff like wiring push pull pots for goodness sakes :mad:

It's just the same as claiming to be a guitar teacher but you don't know what the {censored} the modes are :mad:

• Members

Ah-hah, I see you too are a member of the Cajones Club. :thu:

I would have done the very same thing, except in my version there would have been a lot of cussing and insults, comments about better parts of them left in the cracks of their Moms' asses, etc... on my part. :cop:

• Members
Ah-hah, I see you too are a member of the Cajones Club.
:thu:

I would have done the very same thing, except in my version there would have been a lot of cussing and insults, comments about better parts of them left in the cracks of their Moms' asses, etc... on my part.
:cop:

I was THIS close to losing it and just yelling at them. Especially when the dude was like "Are you trying to insult me?!?!" :mad::mad::mad:

• Members

I was THIS close to losing it and just yelling at them. Especially when the dude was like "Are you trying to insult me?!?!"
:mad:

I would've responded with, " You call yourself a guitar tech and you can't do an EMG 18v mod ?!?!?!?! {censored}ing retire asswipe ! "

Archived