I am in awe of the sheer incomptency and rudeness! A warning to my fellow Atlantans.

mparsons

• Members
:thu:

I was THIS close to losing it and just yelling at them. Especially when the dude was like "Are you trying to insult me?!?!"
:mad:

I would have told him there's really not much I could say that would trump what fate and genetics had already heaped on his mongoloid ass. :p

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Holy god man, no offense but why would anyone take a guitar to a tech to have a pickup switch wired? Seriously man you can learn to solder good enough to do that job in 10 minutes and a cheap soldering iron from Radio Shack is $8. The wiring diagrams are all over the internet and are basically impossible to mess up.

• Members

You better pay them though or get it straightened out. Guaranteed you'll lose in an argument with the cops.

I've thought this one through. I never signed a contract, so any agreement would have to be verbal. I asked them to wire my guitar in a certain way, and agreed to pay them when the guitar was received with it wired how I wanted it. They didn't wire it how I want it, and they flat out refused. If they aren't going to hold up their end of the contract, I'm certainly not.

• Members

Man you sound like you did go a little overboard. Yeah it sucks, but calm down. I wouldnt pay them either though

What did I do to go overboard? The only thing even remotely impolite that I said was "Shove it up your ass!", which was a lot tamer than I could have said.

• Members

Man you sound like you did go a little overboard. Yeah it sucks, but calm down. I wouldnt pay them either though

He was too nice to those so called "techs".

Those so called "techs" were rude and insulting because they couldn't do the work themselves and they messed up a guitar that was otherwise working.

For the tech to change the wiring because he didn't understand it is uncalled for and very unprofessional.

• Members
I'ma little confused.

You can't solder a pickup slector switch?

Are you allowed to drive? Operate the TV remote? Walk and chew gum?

:p

Alos...how do you just go from 9v to 18v? What made you decide to do that? I assume a 9v system would work with a 9v battery. And a 18v system would work with 2 9v batteries.

And...don't you have receipts of the original work? If I had work done, and it wasn;t right, I'd have 3 copies of the receipt down there the next day.

Funny...if we really objectively think about our end-of-the-world problems...how much you have no one to blame but yourself.

17 tubes the jackass over and out!

You might as well just make this your sig.

• Members

I have learned over the years to watch who does what at local music stores, prior to trusting them with anything of mine.

In the long run, I have found it far easier mentally for me to send stuff off to really qualified personel, usually out of state, to do even the smallest job.

In the end, I don't wind up wasting my time, and having others give me {censored} when they don't know how to so something.

• Members

I would've included 17tubes dumbass on this but I can't quote him because, thankfully, he's on my ignore list.

Seriously guys, pay attention. Yes, mparsons could've learned how to do this himself. It isn't hard but some people just aren't interested in the whole DIY thing. Techs offer a service to those of us who can afford to have someone else fix it. And someone who is calling themselves a "tech" should be able to wire a guitar and rewire a guitar if need be. It's not like they had to change an engine on a 69' VW beetle. They had to fix a wiring job that THEY {censored}ed up. Then they had the audacity to give him {censored}? I think his reaction was calm.

At this point I'm sure mparsons will learn how to do his own {censored} because he doesn't want the headache anymore. But seriously dudes, {censored}ING THINK.

I'm starting to understand why Weathered yells at everyone on this forum.:mad:

Archived