I'm glad At the Drive In broke up....

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
mars volta always makes me say {censored} yeah when it comes on. its so bad to where like thats the first question i will ask when i see a chick is kinda down with some original music, and if she answers correctly, its like 200 points toward a coupon for a free bone from me.
:)

Main Entry:
co

• Members

wow, that does look like it was spoken in broken english, doesnt it?

and haha above, but im 24 and i just really think its cool when a girl likes TMV. even more so if she likes ATDI. nothing snobbish about that. dont see what got you all riled up.

and the only good thing to come out of sparta sounded just like a watered down ATDI song.

• Members

mars volta always makes me say {censored} yeah when it comes on. its so bad to where like thats the first question i will ask when i see a chick is kinda down with some original music, and if she answers correctly, its like 200 points toward a coupon for a free bone from me.
:)

jesus christ. learn some punctuation, {censored}wad.

and for the record, i would give every sparta cd and every mars volta cd for one more ATDI disc.

• Members

jesus christ. learn some punctuation, {censored}wad.

and for the record, i would give every sparta cd and every mars volta cd for one more ATDI disc.

i already acknowledged the poor grammar. late night on duty on a warship. again, my apologies. but you might want to look into some counceling. typing profanity into a computer at someone shows indications of anger and detachment issues. just trying to help.

and god, i want ATDI back. they WERE that good.

• Members
i already acknowledged the poor grammar. late night on duty on a warship. again, my apologies. but you might want to look into some counceling. typing profanity into a computer at someone shows indications of anger and detachment issues. just trying to help.

and god, i want ATDI back. they WERE that good.

Sorry about the crack at you then, sir. If you're out on duty then you certainly have my respect. :thu:

• Members
you might want to look into some counceling. typing profanity into a computer at someone shows indications of anger and detachment issues. just trying to help.

Well, he was teh Watplaneghey :facepalm: , left here in a flurry to teh TGP web site :facepalm: , then came back & talking nonsense in other forums :o & has a pathetic following of bored brainless sheep on their school holiday racking up threads of his every move on teh interwebz :cop::facepalm: :facepalm:

You know what? :idea:
You're right :thu:

• Members
:facepalm:
, left here in a flurry to teh TGP web site
, then came back & talking nonsense in other forums
:o
& has a pathetic following of bored brainless sheep on their school holiday racking up threads of his every move on teh interwebz
:cop::facepalm:

You know what?
:idea:
You're right
:thu:

Duncan/WPG is a career loser :lol:

• Members

no hatred for sparta, just not the biggest fan. and wiretap scars was their best of course.

thanks for the support and i know how easy it is to flame, no biggie. we stand duty every six days on my ship, so after the guard watch, i get forum happy. and when that happens, sometimes things come out as thoughts rather than sentences. i really have been trying to get better about spelling and punctuation though. im new here but have been on UG for a while, and it pains me to read a post of mine that looks like it was written by a 3rd grader.

but again, ATDI rocks. i have been in the navy for 6 years, and each of their albums has occupied a certain phase of my carreer so far. the mars volta as well. so they hold a sentimental value of sort.

standby for wall of text! but ATDI was the turning point for me in music. my friend and i in high school were pretty normal as far as our tastes in music. then one day i brought home RoC. he hated it. i loved it. since then, he has remained steadfast in his tastes, while ATDI led me to a myriad of new things. i gotta hand it to him though, staying with the metallica catalogue and the first danzig CD certainly is cheaper. actually yesterday i listened to danzig and then RoC back to back.

RoC has one of my favorite album intros EVER as well. great buildup

• Members
Go plat some He Man Woman Hater you knob.
:D

Loved At The Drive In, Love the Mars Volta.

Whether you dig TMV or not, Cedric's vocals are 1000 times better than used to be.
Somewhere along the way, he actually learned to sing. And sing well. Im guessing its due to the fact they stop smoking crack.

p.s. Sparta does suck.

I wouldn't say better, just different. At the Drive-In has some punk roots, the singing from mars volta, while I guess is *better* singing, wouldn't really make sense in At the Drive-In. I think his vocals fit both bands perfectly for their style.

• Members
I love TMV, meh on Sparta and I like ATDI, although not rabid about them. IMO, De-Loused>>>Relationship. Both were super solid albums, but I can listen all the way through De-Loused without skipping any tracks while Relationship has a few tracks I can't stand.

Blasphemy :cop:

RoC is one of my favorite albums of all time. :rawk:

• Members

I'm late...sorry. Anyways...I think the break up of ATDI sucks. They are one of the most influential bands to my original material. Probably THE most influential band. They were an air assault in sonic form. Sparta is a great band as well. I'm not a fan of TMV. I think they all were much better when they were all together.

• Members
Blasphemy
:cop:

RoC is one of my favorite albums of all time.
:rawk:

Haha, don't get me wrong, I love RoC myself, but I just prefer De-Loused to RoC. RoC, along with the Shape of Punk to come are two of my favorite post-hardcore albums of all time. I actually got in a debate with Dustin from Thrice over which one impacted post-hardcore more. I said RoC :cop:

Archived