OT WoW Addiction?

Stevenexp

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:lol:

I've never played that game before but had no idea people were that carried away with it until recently. It's almost surreal.
:D

Surreal is just that. I was in a lit class (though I'm not sure if that has any bearing) this spring, and out of nowhere, it got brought up, and I was literally the only person in the class besides the teacher that wasn't on it. This was a class of like, nearly 40 people, of all shapes, colors, and stripes of life.

• Members

says the guys with 15,000 posts on an internet forum, lol!

As his post above mentioned, there's a major difference between having the type of job you can waste time online half-@ssed paying attention to what's going on and posting out of fun vs. playing a game you are so immersed in on your own time that you completely fail in handling major responsibilities. :phil:

If someone can play the game and have fun without it causing a major negative influence on their lives or the lives of the ones around them, that's one thing, but this thread's about people letting it take over their lives.

• Members

you guys ever see when one of the original creators or whatever on wow died in real life, so in wow they had a funeral? they showed up unarmed, and a group of people who knew in advance, showed up and killed them all.

i loved that youtube blah.

It wasn't a creator, just some random person.

• Members
Surreal is just that. I was in a lit class (though I'm not sure if that has any bearing) this spring, and out of nowhere, it got brought up, and I was literally the only person in the class besides the teacher that wasn't on it. This was a class of like, nearly 40 people, of all shapes, colors, and stripes of life.

I guess if nothing else the game seems to be a melting pot of sorts. :D

• Members

at least you knew where you stood

let the losers have their virtual fun i guess? :facepalm: i cant even say it without cracking up hahah this game just makes me lol

• Members

It's like any other hobby in life. This lovely thing we call moderation.

I played a {censored} ton of UO back in the day and I played WoW for a while a couple years ago but ever since WoW came out MMOs have gone down hill trying to copy the formula and cash in on gear-whoring and bitch-questing. Even when something awesome comes along I never play anywhere near as much as some of the people mentioned in this thread though.

• Members

Games like that really show you who the people are that hate their lives. How can you be so unhappy that you find a second life inside a {censored}ing video game? Sick. I will never understand it.

To the OP...was this girl actually attractive? No offense, but imagining a 300 pound land beast. And "dating" a person on WoW? I mean really WTF!? She had to have shown some serious warning signs of being a weirdo, right?

Archived