OT: What to do in Chicago for me and my lady's 1 year?

LOLmaster Flash

• Members

Take her to Marche on Randolph if she likes French food. If you want sushi, go to Sushi Wabi. Are you old enough to drink? My girl liked Riva on Navy Pier. You could also try the 95th at the Hancock, but the food isn't as good as some of the other places I mentioned. Are you planning a whole night or just dinner?

What day are you going?

• Members

Not a dinner recommendation, but I'll give my standard what-to-do-in-Chicago answer and then you, like all HCAFers will ignore it and tell me that jazz sucks.

Green Mill - best musicians in Chicago...great atmosphere (my wife thinks it's very romantic)...historic club...but yeah no br00talz. Take the Red line up to Lawrence and walk west one short block.

• Members

Maggiano's Italian restaurant is top notch, a bit expensive, but very romantic nonetheless

That's what my original plan was...I'm not old enough to drink (she is)

I thought about 95th too but heard the same about the food.

I'm planning a nice night the 20th; I want a nice dinner and just to be in the city with my girl, she loves the city. Basically I want to just walk around the city at night with her after we eat and get some magp00n.

Whoever suggest shopping; I'm not rich!

Thanks for all the awesome suggestions, I hope she's wowed.

• Members

lived here for 15 years now. for downtown stuff stay north of the river cuz the Loop (business district, s of river) can get pretty dead at night. walking on any street in the approx square bordered by Franklin St to the lake and from the river to North Avenue will provide very long and beautiful walking routes and have just about anything in the world you want to eat.

one fun recomendation: Emilio's Tapas. Spanish food in appetizer portions so you can better control the total price. and Flamenco dancers are typically there. cool stuff.

wouldn't recommend Maggiano's. touristy and quite mediocre imo.

here's a must: as you're walking be sure look south as you cross Wabash to the new Trump building. of course i think he's a tool but that new bldg is spectacular imo.

feel free to pm me for more info.

• Members

How much you looking to spend? I can recomend some great resturants but not without a few guidelines. The possibilities are too vast.

As for fun things to do, assuming you don't go 5 stars on the meal which pretty much is the evening on it's own, there are also many options. Some of my favs:

-Second City

-Carriage Rides on the Mag Mile

-Bears/bulls/hawks game

-Blue Man Group

-Wicked

-Improve Olympic

-Annoyance Theater "Coed Prison Sluts"

-"Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind"

• Members
a- Go to an Oprah show taping

b- go see the Cubs loose

c- try to stay 1/2 hour outside with the cold wind blowing your balls so hard they'll shrink

d- go watch an R Kelly concert

e- go back home the next day and see how much more you will enjoy the city you're live in.

:lol:

:mad::cop:

• Members

:mad::cop:

I'm thinkin maggianos for tradition and a carriage ridefor the extra romance..but maybe a different, cheaper restuarant would work well since the carriage ride would cost. Anyone know the type of rate for something like that?

EDIT: My GF is in my avatar so don't ask for anymore pics as they are NSFW. lol

• Members

Rosa Angelia's, don't remember the address, is really great food, reasonably priced. Get there early, 5:30 6:00 PM, no reservation's for less than a party of 8 I think. Good wine too. I'll second the Green Mill too. Hit the Metro bar for Rock. Get a 'Time Out Chicago', or 'Chicago Reader', to look for cool things to do. Music everywhere, Kingston Mines, The Wild Hare, Blue's.

• Members

Rosa Angelia's, don't remember the address, is really great food, reasonably priced. Get there early, 5:30 6:00 PM, no reservation's for less than a party of 8 I think. Good wine too. I'll second the Green Mill too. Hit the Metro bar for Rock. Get a 'Time Out Chicago', or 'Chicago Reader', to look for cool things to do. Music everywhere, Kingston Mines, The Wild Hare, Blue's.

the one on broadway?

Archived