Ripping off Effects forum..List your pedals...

somata

• Members

I only have 2 so far. :(

1. Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus

2. ISP Decimator G-String

The only other pedals I want are:

-MXR Carbon Copy

-Korg Pitch Black Tuner

I don't really seem to "need" any other pedals.

I have a Boss DS-2, Boss MT-2, and Dano Fish & Chips EQ that are not currently being used.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In front of the amp:

DIY A-B

TU-2

Cry Baby modded for true bypass

Phase 90 block, but R28 mod

In the FX loop:

Carbon Copy

DIY loop/bypass

Nova Delay

RC-2 Loop Station

DIY 2-button momentary for the RC-2

Pedal I have but don't use (and isn't worth selling): Boss Heavy Metal

Pedal I use with my Princeton: Boss SD-1

3139399157_eda40f9699_o.jpg

• Members

JCM900's and Monster cables are for n00bs. :poke:

I have owned the 900 for 2 years, it's been on 2 US tours and countless local shows. I have never had to take this amp in for anything. And that's good enough for me. I have been using the same 2 monster cables for about 4-5 years now, they also work everytime. So, i'm not complaining.

However, playin in teh teribul 90's nU-meTal bandz is toteally fore n00bz.

• Members

I have owned the 900 for 2 years, it's been on 2 US tours and countless local shows. I have never had to take this amp in for anything. And that's good enough for me. I have been using the same 2 monster cables for about 4-5 years now, they also work everytime. So, i'm not complaining.

However, playin in teh teribul 90's nU-meTal bandz is toteally fore n00bz.

Dude,...settle down. I was simply responding to your absurd statement with an equally absurd statement. I have nothing against JCM900's or Monster cable,...although I think they're over-priced. Not sure what the nu-metal comment has to do with anything,..but,.....whatever,... :confused:

Whatever works for you, whether it's a bunch of effects or guitar, cable, amp.

• Members

I am completely calm, no hard feelings. Check your sig for nu metal/alt rock, like you said one absurd statement.....

A tuner is all the effect I need for my style/band. I just think that sometimes people get really caught up with having a HUMONGOUS pedal board. I have seen so many shows go bad because of {censored}ty pedals, faulty wiring, dead batts, etc. Buying, trading, selling effects seems pointless because they basically devalue more than any other piece of musical equipment. I just don't understand...

• Members

BadMonkey

Zendrive 2 (for Dumble type sounds...there I said it...but it sounds great for fusion leads)

Boss EQ pedal

Line 6 Delay Modeller

Everything is housed in my rack and connected to my GCX Switcher. 90% of the time none of it is used.

• Members

I am completely calm, no hard feelings. Check your sig for nu metal/alt rock, like you said one absurd statement.....

A tuner is all the effect I need for my style/band. I just think that sometimes people get really caught up with having a HUMONGOUS pedal board. I have seen so many shows go bad because of {censored}ty pedals, faulty wiring, dead batts, etc. Buying, trading, selling effects seems pointless because they basically devalue more than any other piece of musical equipment. I just don't understand...

Nu-Metal -- my band? :lol: Or the one I have listed as "old band"? Are you kidding me? :confused::lol: Hysterical.

I've never had a pedal die on me at a show, ever. And, relatively speaking, pedals do not devalue any more than any other piece of gear. Hell, I've lost a lot more money buying and trading amps than anything.

• Members

In front of the amp:

DIY A-B

TU-2

Cry Baby modded for true bypass

Phase 90 block, but R28 mod

In the FX loop:

Carbon Copy

DIY loop/bypass

Nova Delay

RC-2 Loop Station

DIY 2-button momentary for the RC-2

Pedal I have but don't use (and isn't worth selling): Boss Heavy Metal

Pedal I use with my Princeton: Boss SD-1

3139399157_eda40f9699_o.jpg

How do you like that loop station? How well does it reproduce your sound?

• Members

Whatever works for you, man. Since I stopped buying {censored} cables, I've never had an issue with my rig. Most of the guitarists I really admire have at least a few pedals in their rig. Some even have the aforementioned "HUMONGOUS" boards, and pull off some pretty damned awesome sounding {censored} with 'em.

Conversely, guys like Jeff Beck sound amazing with little or no effects at all. It's all in what works for you, there is no "right" or "wrong" approach, it's all entirely subjective and dependent upon one's own personal style and ear.

I've never understood why anyone would get all militant about it either way. :idk:

• Members

In my rig:

-Barber Tone Press

-Barber Direct Drive

-Donnegan Weapon (For Sitar Sounds)

-Boss PS-3 Pitch Shifter/Delay

-Danelectro Tuna Melt Tremelo

-DOD Icebox Chorus

-Ibanez DE-7 Delay

Others I own:

-Vox Satchurator

-Sansamp GT2

-Behringer TO-800 (I like better than my TS-9 except for build quality)

-Tube Screamer TS-9

-Behringer Ultra Metal-:facepalm: (I do think its better than a metal zone, though)

-DOD Octoplus

-DOD FX-17 Wah

-Boss GE-7 Equalizer

-Arion Stage Tuner(19 years old and still goin')

-DOD 575 Flanger-18V

-Busted Crybaby Wah-Bought in 1986-Crybabies are pieces of junk

-DOD analog Delay that needs fixing but I do not want to fix because it makes weird sound FX.

-Spare New Donegan Weapon (Its hard to find a decent sitar sound, plus I got it for 40 bucks because my friends music store went out of business)

Multi FX:

Zoom G9.2tt

Digitech RP300A

Archived