Ripping off Effects forum..List your pedals...

somata

• Members

Fender Telecaster Deluxe>30 foot monster cable>Boss chromatic pedal tuner>JCM 900.

Effects are for wankers.

David Gilmour is a Wanker??? :facepalm:

David Gilmour > You

Monster Cable, Monster overinflated price. I have personally seen pros play with planet waves cables and swear by them.

JCM800 > JCM900

Colossal Fail

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

David Gilmour is a Wanker???
:facepalm:
David Gilmour > You

Monster Cable, Monster overinflated price. I have personally seen pros play with planet waves cables and swear by them.

JCM800 > JCM900

Colossal Fail

I already responded essentially the same way you did -- there's no arguing with a Slo-Mo like him. I mean, he thinks my band sounds like a Nu-Metal band. :lol:

• Members

How do you like that loop station? How well does it reproduce your sound?

The RC-2 sounds pretty good, actually. It may not be "perfect" but it's more than good enough for me. I originally had a bypass/loop box hooked up to it but in the FX loop (buffered) I could not tell a difference with it in and out of the loop in terms of affecting the raw signal. The recording sound quality is quite good, really.

I've played around with it more than actually used it at this point, but I do have some "one shot" phrases and sound effects recorded and for that it's great.

To really get the potential out of the pedal, I think you need a 2-button footswitch. I made mine for about $15 but also I made it small to save space on the board.

• Members
Zvex Fuzz Factory

EHX Big Muff

self made OctaFuzz and tremolo

korg DT10

Not much, but enough for me
:)

I know that Billy Corgan used a Big Muff (not sure which version) into Marshalls to get the Cherub Rock tone as well as many others but hadn't heard clips posted on Youtube that really have that same sound. Have you ever tried to cop that type of tone before and had any luck with it?

• Members

I know that Billy Corgan used a Big Muff (not sure which version) into Marshalls to get the Cherub Rock tone as well as many others but hadn't heard clips posted on Youtube that really have that same sound. Have you ever tried to cop that type of tone before and had any luck with it?

Never tried to cop it, but I just checked the song on youtube, and I think it'd be really easy to get that with a marshall + big muff. It basically sounds like 90% big muff, with a hint of of marshally high mid/ high in. Hell, even with my heavy as {censored} matamp I come really close with the muff on, the only difference is that the emphasis is more on the low mids.

• Members

Artec Noise gate
BBE chorus
BBE Soul Vibe
Bad Horsie wah
Two Timer BBE delay
Marshal reverb pedal

In the mail:

Danelectro Flanger
Danelectro Octave
Analogman DS1

I just dumped a load of pedals after getting thrown out of my mellow band. The above is now all geared for thrash.

• Members

Current board:

Red Witch Moon Phaser ( :love: )
MXR Flanger reissue
Banzai Fireball II overdrive
-->in fx loop:
Digitech HarmonyMan intelligent pitch shifter
Fulltone Choralflange analog chorus
MXR Carbon Copy analog delay
MXR Micro Amp (solo volume boost)

NewBoard2008-2009.jpg

(The board really needs cleaning & neatening up, in terms of the wiring & such... :freak: )

I also own (at least for the time being, though many of these will be for sale soon, hint hint!):

EH Deluxe Memory Man modded by Analog Man for true BP
Sweetsound Mojo Vibe
Keeley modded SD-1
Digitech Bad Monkey (not selling)
DOD 250 preamp reissue
Carl Martin Plexitone two channel od w/ additional clean boost
MXR 6 band eq
Digitech Turbo Flange
MI Audio Blue Boy Deluxe
DOD Vibrothang
MXR Phase 90 reissue

... I *think* that's it. Man, I gotta get rid of some of these extra pedals! :o

C

• Members
Current board:

Red Witch Moon Phaser (
:love:
)

MXR Flanger reissue

Banzai Fireball II overdrive

-->in fx loop:

Digitech HarmonyMan intelligent pitch shifter

Fulltone Choralflange analog chorus

MXR Carbon Copy analog delay

MXR Micro Amp (solo volume boost)

NewBoard2008-2009.jpg

(The board really needs cleaning & neatening up, in terms of the wiring & such...
:freak:
)

I also own (at least for the time being, though many of these will be for sale soon, hint hint!):

EH Deluxe Memory Man modded by Analog Man for true BP

Sweetsound Mojo Vibe

Keeley modded SD-1

Digitech Bad Monkey (not selling)

DOD 250 preamp reissue

Carl Martin Plexitone two channel od w/ additional clean boost

MXR 6 band eq

Digitech Turbo Flange

MI Audio Blue Boy Deluxe

DOD Vibrothang

MXR Phase 90 reissue

... I *think* that's it. Man, I gotta get rid of some of these extra pedals!
:o

C

Hey Chris -- Isn't the Moon Phaser just a beautiful sounding pedal? If I had to go with just a single Phaser sound I'd probably use my MXR '74 Phase 90 (classic and perfect phase tone IMO) but the Moon Phaser is sooo close, and the added versatility really makes it.

How do you like the Mojo Vibe? If you sell it let me know, I might take it off your hands.

• Members
Hey Chris -- Isn't the Moon Phaser just a beautiful sounding pedal? If I had to go with just a single Phaser sound I'd probably use my MXR '74 Phase 90 (classic and perfect phase tone IMO) but the Moon Phaser is sooo close, and the added versatility really makes it.

How do you like the Mojo Vibe? If you sell it let me know, I might take it off your hands.

I like the Mojo Vibe a *lot*, actually ... I agonized over taking it off my board. It's got a really lovely *thickness* to it.

But in terms of actual use while playing, I realized that it and the Moon Phaser were really covering pretty much the same sonic ground. I was really only using the Mojo to cover Hendrix's "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)." Recently, just out of curiousity, I tried using the MP for that tune instead & loved the result. Hence I probably will be moving the Mojo Vibe on out.

The Red Witch pedal is probably my single mostest favoritest pedal out of my collection (though the HarmonyMan is pretty damned cool...). It just sounds so l:love:vely every time I click it on, no matter what the gain setting I use it with. So smooth & liquidy. :cool: I dig what you're saying about the original MXR, and if I just wanted a pure phaser sound, even my reissue would probably win out. It's like the Moon Phaser is its own thing, y'know?

PM me if you decide you'd be interested in the Mojo Vibe, though. :thu:

C

• Members
I like the Mojo Vibe a *lot*, actually ... I agonized over taking it off my board. It's got a really lovely *thickness* to it.

But in terms of actual use while playing, I realized that it and the Moon Phaser were really covering pretty much the same sonic ground. I was really only using the Mojo to cover Hendrix's "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)." Recently, just out of curiousity, I tried using the MP for that tune instead & loved the result. Hence I probably will be moving the Mojo Vibe on out.

The Red Witch pedal is probably my single mostest favoritest pedal out of my collection (though the HarmonyMan is pretty damned cool...). It just sounds so l:love:vely every time I click it on, no matter what the gain setting I use it with. So smooth & liquidy.
:cool:
I dig what you're saying about the original MXR, and if I just wanted a pure phaser sound, even my reissue would probably win out. It's like the Moon Phaser is its own thing, y'know?

PM me if you decide you'd be interested in the Mojo Vibe, though.
:thu:

C

I gotcha on the covering the same ground. I have a Voodoo Labs Micro Vibe that's a really nice sounding vibe pedal -- but the MP can cover a lot of the same stuff so I use it instead. That said the Mojo Vibe would probably not get much use after a while. Thanks for the info. :thu:

• Members

X2 wireless -> boss TU-2 -> BBE Soul Vibe -> Dunlop Crybaby Classic ->VooDoo Labs Sparkle Drive -> Boss DD20

:cool:

sold many pedals that just got in my way. looking to eventually replace my wah with a gigFx megaWah, and add some kind of funky modulation, like a moog.

• Members
I gotcha on the covering the same ground. I have a Voodoo Labs Micro Vibe that's a really nice sounding vibe pedal -- but the MP can cover a lot of the same stuff so I use it instead. That said the Mojo Vibe would probably not get much use after a while. Thanks for the info.
:thu:

Yeah, I gotta give the nod to the RWMP. That said, I used to own a Micro Vibe, and the Mojo absolutely smokes it, fwiw....

• Members

I use regularly:
Boss SD1
Boss MT2
Boss CE5 firedamaged but still works
Boss TU2
Digitech Digidelay
Boss NS2
MXR KFK EQ

I have but never use and would happily trade
Boss AC2
Boss GE7