Galaxy has 'billions of Earths'

Chrisjd

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Would life on other planets really want to get to know us?

If they show up it would lead to world war three, first the economic infrastructure would fall apart, then the social infrastucture, and eventually starvation would lead to war.

Something like free energy would cost millions of people their jobs over night. And what if "they" knew this and kept the technology from us? We would end up going to war with them to get it on the basis that it would end suffering and poverty...but they know better, maybe they have seen this type of thing before a few times so they know to avoid contact.

• Members

Would life on other planets really want to get to know us?

If they show up it would lead to world war three, first the economic infrastructure would fall apart, then the social infrastucture, and eventually starvation would lead to war.

Something like free energy would cost millions of people their jobs over night. And what if "they" knew this and kept the technology from us? We would end up going to war with them to get it on the basis that it would end suffering and poverty...but they know better, maybe they have seen this type of thing before a few times so they know to avoid contact.

First and formost, they would WHOOP OUR ASS.

• Members
That is an AMAZING video!
:thu:

... but ... I don't see how it leads to the conclusion that we are "meaningless"...
:confused::idk:

Jus' sayin'.

Peace,

C

it's like the infinite perspective vortex, man.

human existence is absolutely insignificant. i use the term meaningless interchangeably here.

• Members

Whether it is science or religious thought, I think it to be ridiculously arrogant for the human species to believe we the slightest clue as to the creation or expanse of the universe. 50-100 years from now what we think we know now will be looked at like a flat earth theory is looked at today. Our first step has probably not even been planted on the 1000 mile journey to truly know what's out there. I'm just here for a spin...

• Members

When you get into Physics you learn all about this kind of mind{censored} stuff..

It's widely believed that the ENTIRE universe came from a single atom that contained all 4 of the main forces in the universe combined into one 'superforce'.

IIRC, that atom/molecule/whatever contained all of space-time

• Members

It is said there are many galaxies as there are stars in our own Milky Way and when you think about that, one would have to be completely naive to say we are the only life form in the universe.

Then we are not even sure if there are more dimensions within the world we live. There may be, we just have not been able to define them. Quantum Physics and Astrophysics are coming a long way to define some of the barriers. Mysterious as it is, I'm enlightened by both religion and science since they both explore the same unknowns and demonstrate how insignificant we all are.

• Members

And can you really say that each star has on average one earthlike star when we've only found 300 planets and most of them are gas giants :idk: I hope we meet another species in my life time :o that'd be pretty chill. Hang out with another species. Or at least artificially breed monkeys to get smarter and be able to communicate :o

• Members

do a google search for dark matter/dark energy - truly astounding when you think that:

"Only about 4% of the total energy density in the universe (as inferred from gravitational effects) can be seen directly. About 22% is thought to be composed of dark matter. The remaining 74% is thought to consist of dark energy, an even stranger component, distributed diffusely in space" !

In other words what we can see is only 4% of what represents the universe

Archived