Galaxy has 'billions of Earths'

Chrisjd

• Members

The private sector is definitely catching up, but they have a long way to go. And money makes the world go round, I don't really see that changing unless there is some major event that turns the world upside down.

How about the mark of the beast? That will happen one day and what is going on with the world's finances now?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How about the mark of the beast? That will happen one day and what is going on with the world's finances now?

That argument was brought up with the initial Social Security idea 60 years ago.

Same argument was presented in the 1400's with certain leaders wanting to mark "brand" the peasants.

• Members
Yes, but by time we reached them give or take a few million years to travel, they'd be evolved under the same Earthly conditions.

Probably would:D

:idea:Either way, I want one of them Star Trek transporter thingies so I can go slap that guy around for being mean to that cat.:idea:

• Members

The private sector is definitely catching up, but they have a long way to go. And money makes the world go round, I don't really see that changing unless there is some major event that turns the world upside down.

molecular nanotechnology will obsolete using money to purchase any material object (including things like water and natural gas).

• Members

Don't rule it out though... we're just civilians. What do we know, and of it what is true?

I'd like to add that I think our "space technology" is totally arcane, a joke. It's the same {censored} we've been doing since the fifties. We combust chemicals to force our way out of the atmosphere, and hope nothing goes wrong. Totally arcane. It's like no one has really been trying to make progress. The Space Shuttle is what, almost thirty years old now?

Sometimes I wonder if NASA is just a front.

You mean archaic? :poke:

You did kind of just describe basically all forms of locomotion. Chemical combustion generating energy that moves things. I doubt our methods of getting out of the atmosphere are going to change drastically, unless we figure out some way of nullifying gravity in a select field.

• Members

You mean archaic? :poke:

You did kind of just describe basically all forms of locomotion. Chemical combustion generating energy that moves things. I doubt our methods of getting out of the atmosphere are going to change drastically, unless we figure out some way of nullifying gravity in a select field.

space elevator

• Members

It's not that complicated

What do you mean? How do you know it's not complicated? I think what you know is like a grain of sand on a beach compared to everything else out there.

Ignorance is bliss, especially when ignorance is disguised as knowing.

Oh wait, you're really a space and time traveling-alien, or God, aren't you? Your confidence has betrayed you!

• Members

I think there will be a nuclear war/meteor/lack of resources to wipe us out wayyyyyyyy before we learn anything at all about our universe. Then that will be it. No afterlife. That was it.

Thinking like that will make you see life in a totally different way - you can almost understand why some people become criminals.

• Members

[YOUTUBE]p86BPM1GV8M[/YOUTUBE]

"We succeeded in taking that picture [from deep space], and, if you look at it, you see a dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever lived, lived out their lives. The aggregate of all our joys and sufferings, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lived there on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam".

Carl Sagan

Photograph of planet earth taken from Voyager 1 which was 4 billion miles away
PaleBlueDot2.jpg
5al0ea.jpg

The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of the dot on scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of the dot. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity -- in all this vastness -- there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. It is up to us.

Carl Sagan".

• Members
imagine if we found another planet with life on it ....we would just {censored} it up as much here...we worry about threats lol.....we are the threat!!!

There are many sci-fi novels with Mankind as an enigma race, like rats spreading out over the galaxy, and a threat to the universe, needing contained or wiped out. :cry:

Archived