Was Chuck Schuldiner gay?

thinkpad20

• Members

There's a lot of speculation out there. I wouldn't have a problem with it; in fact rather the opposite seeing as there's such a paucity of gays in metal culture, which tends to be dominated by machismo and tough-guy attitude... not that the two can't go together (Halford ;))

Anyway... just wondering if anyone knows for sure one way or another.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

as there's such a paucity of gays in metal culture, which tends to be dominated by machismo and tough-guy attitude... not that the two can't go together (Halford
;)
)

Anyway... just wondering if anyone knows for sure one way or another.

Yeah those middle class teenages are some bad mother fuckers that play def metalzz. :cop::lol:

• Members

No, he even mocks another allegedly gay guy in the song The Philosopher by saying "So you preach about how Im supposed to be, yet you dont know your own sexuality."

I don't think he was anti-gay either but he has issues with this guy, whom for the life of me, I can't remember the name of.

I don't think Chuck was gay at all, he was just a kind and totally laid back dude.

• Members

if you watch any of his interviews you'll see why there's some speculation.

Yeah, he's got a lisp, so he's an easy target, but a speech impediment doesn't make someone gay. Not that I'd have any problem if he was, but I need a little more to take it seriously than the fact that he had a lisp.

• Members

No, he even mocks another allegedly gay guy in the song The Philosopher by saying "So you preach about how Im supposed to be, yet you dont know your own sexuality."

I don't think he was anti-gay either but he has issues with this guy, whom for the life of me, I can't remember the name of.

I don't think Chuck was gay at all, he was just a kind and totally laid back dude.

There's also a line in "Mutilation"

"Staring your severed head in the face

I celebrate a faggot's death, human disgrace

Hanging your mangled corpse for display

My revenge was fulfilled upon this day"

But it could just as much mean one thing as the other.

• Members

Yeah, he's got a lisp, so he's an easy target, but a speech impediment doesn't make someone gay. Not that I'd have any problem if he was, but I need a little more to take it seriously than the fact that he had a lisp.

It's not just the lisp... Mike Tyson had a lisp. It's the cadence of his voice, the physical mannerisms. To me it reminds me of how a lot of my gay friends act... but sure could likely be pure coincidence.

• Members

There's also a line in "Mutilation"

"Staring your severed head in the face

I celebrate a faggot's death, human disgrace

Hanging your mangled corpse for display

My revenge was fulfilled upon this day"

But it could just as much mean one thing as the other.

hmmm...was he a self hater?

I'm surprised he wasn't crucified for that line...

• Members

speculation probably comes from the way he talked and by the fact that he is sooooo hawt!1
:love:
:love:

Chuck53.jpg

seriously though, i never heard anything about him being gay.

I'm a straight guy (except for DeathMonkey) and even I'll admit Chuck was a good looking guy.

He looked fucking bad ass on stage with his stealth.

I mean I would help defend Chuck by using Alexi Laiho as an example but the dude literally makes out with other guys on youtube. :lol:

• Members

who gives a shit. I mean, really?

Purely out of interest. I like it when people break the mold of the metal stereotype. Just like I like the fact that Suffocation has two black dudes in it, and I was excited to see that The Faceless had a black guitarist. I like that Gorod (used to) have a female drummer, etc. The metal world is overwhelmed by straight white men. :cop:

Archived