Was Chuck Schuldiner gay?

thinkpad20

• Members

Where in the hell did I say one can't have gay friends?

I have a couple gay friends...and have worked with many gay people. I don't get how you see me asking how many gay friends he actually has as being a problem.

How easy it is for people to just jump on people's {censored}. Look at the poor guy playing a Creed cover.....and all the jackasses riding his ass hard...just for fun. It's a national pastime heralded by the internet. He doing something he loves, sharing his not-so-great skills...and you guys laugh at him...then come in here and call me the bad guy. What a strange world we've become.

not saying you're a homophobe.

but the emersed in gay friendship comment kinda sounded hostile.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol:

I'd rather hang around openly gay people than the closeted ones anyway... can only take so much "faggot" this and "damn queers and aids" ...
:facepalm:

The things I used to have to listen to from people (that eventually came out
:idea:
).

Plus I'm a not-so-sexy beast so I don't have to worry about getting hit on.
:lol:

Screw fake homophobes. Who gives a shit about someones sexuality anyway. As long as they don't force their views upon me, which they don't unless I'm very drunk and asking for it, then I have no problem with them. Unless they act like whiny girls. I can't stand that, mostly because I hate whiny girls period.

• Members

How many gay friends do you have?

It must REALLY be a lot...because "it's how a lot of my gay friends act" means not only do you have a lot of gay friends that act like that, but you have a certain number of gay friends that do not act like that.

No big deal....sounds like you have a hundred gay friends....emersed in gay friendship. :poke:

Two of my best friends are gay; one I've known since 5th grade and one who was my roommate in college for 3 years and I've always been on good terms with. Mostly besides those two it's friends of friends. The first friend to which I referred is of the more "flamboyant" variety, and he has a large circle of gay friends and I've been to lots of his parties and whatnot. Good times, and seeing as they all know I'm straight, it's mostly just a joke if I'm being hit on. One of my ex's had a number of gay friends as well, though I didn't know them that well.

My roommate was of the rather non-flamboyant type; you wouldn't know he was gay unless you asked or he told you (I didn't find out until about 6 months in). Hence my saying "a lot of." Not all gay guys act the same (obviously) but there is a stereotypical set of gay mannerisms. Having those mannerisms doesn't necessarily imply you're gay, or vice versa, but they're not a myth.

• Members

Dude was an obvious closet case.

Homophobic lyrics
check

Blatant gay tendencies
check

Creating dark tormented art that reflects his inner torment
check

If it smells like duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's duck.

That said, not surprising to find out the father of Death Metal was gay. You would have to have some pretty serious inner turmoil to create something so dark, angry and tormented sounding.

His sister also died shortly before he became a teen. Maybe that also played a part in his 'inner turmoil'? That's what his mother has said. Nono, you're right, it's just because he was a queer... :rolleyes:

• Members

Dude was an obvious closet case.

Homophobic lyrics
check

Blatant gay tendencies
check

Creating dark tormented art that reflects his inner torment
check

If it smells like duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's duck.

That said, not surprising to find out the father of Death Metal was gay. You would have to have some pretty serious inner turmoil to create something so dark, angry and tormented sounding.

Bland generalization of things like this would make every person in the world gay.

You sir, don't know dick.

• Members

There's a lot of speculation out there. I wouldn't have a problem with it; in fact rather the opposite seeing as there's such a paucity of gays in metal culture, which tends to be dominated by machismo and tough-guy attitude... not that the two can't go together (Halford
;)
)

Anyway... just wondering if anyone knows for sure one way or another.

You wanna date him or something?! Who cares if he is or isn't...

Archived