Was Chuck Schuldiner gay?

thinkpad20

• Members

I find that in itself racist!

IMO, Derrick Green was a terrible frontman. He couldn't do the vocal and that was 90% of Sepultura's rapid decline! And yep, sorry I will fully say 90% of black metal vocalists I've heard have just been {censored}.

Same as I think 90% of white rappers I've heard sound histerical. They just don't have that attitude that most black rappers do.

Saying someone is fantastic because of their race is just stupid in itself. Being all interested in someone because they're black and play metal guitar, would it be easier if we caged them for you so you could poke them with a stick?

I do of course think Suffocation is an excellent band! I don't think said guitarists are the best in the world, but they certainly have the passion which is the whole idea! But I'm not interestd simply because they're black, like you seem to be!

Really, grow the {censored} up, man!

what the {censored} are you talking about you asshat?

did you not read his post, or are you {censored}ing illiterate?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I find that in itself racist!

IMO, Derrick Green was a terrible frontman. He couldn't do the vocal and that was 90% of Sepultura's rapid decline! And yep, sorry I will fully say 90% of black metal vocalists I've heard have just been shit.

Same as I think 90% of white rappers I've heard sound histerical. They just don't have that attitude that most black rappers do.

Saying someone is fantastic because of their race is just stupid in itself. Being all interested in someone because they're black and play metal guitar, would it be easier if we caged them for you so you could poke them with a stick?

I do of course think Suffocation is an excellent band! I don't think said guitarists are the best in the world, but they certainly have the passion which is the whole idea! But I'm not interestd simply because they're black, like you seem to be!

Really, grow the fuck up, man!

:facepalm:

It's a well-documented fact that Suffocation is pretty much my favorite band ever. Do you really think they would hold that position SOLELY on the fact that they have some black dudes in the band? WTF man... I like them for their music, which I think is some of the best ever written.

I find them additionally interesting because they have black members. Why is this interesting? Well for one, why are there so few black guys in metal bands? How did two of them end up in the same band? What are their stories, and what makes their stories so uncommon? What's the connection, if any, between NY's black culture/music and Suffocation's music? Do they see themselves as liasons between their black peers and metal; do they feel that their differing musical tastes set them apart? Do they feel out of place in a scene dominated by whites (or would they if they didn't have such legendary status)? Et cetera.

You see, this has nothing to do with "racism." It's a matter of the questions it brings up. This isn't just some "oh how cute, they're black guys playing metal!" This is something I find legitimately interesting as a subject. The same could be said for gays, women, etc in the scene - people who don't fit the stereotype.

• Members

I actually quoted the wrong dude here, so apologies to start off with.

OK Suffocation are {censored}ing awesome, but I don't really care who's in it. I guess they're not my favourite band of all time, so that's prolly why... I doubt I could name all the band in any case.

I would heavily doubt they feel out of place.. if they did I don't think they would have had this long a career.

• Members

Heh well he certainly does sort of speak "that certain way..."

On the other hand they say he's had a wife or longterm female friend or something...

But then there's that interview where he has the shirt with the cute kitties on it... :p

[YOUTUBE]C06qy3j0RsI[/YOUTUBE]

Don't really care either way.

• Members

It's from their first album; probably written in the early 80s when "faggot" wasn't such a buzzword... alternatively it could indicate either homophobia or self-hating (a la American Beauty) as you mention...

But yeah that line has always puzzled me, considering that Chuck was always known for being incredibly nice, laid back and kind. I have trouble imagining that he was actually homophobic in real life.

I've read an interview from back in the Scream Bloody Gore days where he announces if that if he could have anything, it'd be a big tittied blonde girl to suck him off. :lol:

• Members

Dude was an obvious closet case.

Homophobic lyrics check

Blatant gay tendencies check

Creating dark tormented art that reflects his inner torment check

If it smells like duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's duck.

That said, not surprising to find out the father of Death Metal was gay. You would have to have some pretty serious inner turmoil to create something so dark, angry and tormented sounding.

• Members

It's not just the lisp... Mike Tyson had a lisp. It's the cadence of his voice, the physical mannerisms. To me it reminds me of how a lot of my gay friends act... but sure could likely be pure coincidence.

How many gay friends do you have?

It must REALLY be a lot...because "it's how a lot of my gay friends act" means not only do you have a lot of gay friends that act like that, but you have a certain number of gay friends that do not act like that.

No big deal....sounds like you have a hundred gay friends....emersed in gay friendship. :poke:

• Members

It must REALLY be a lot...because "it's how a lot of my gay friends act" means not only do you have a lot of gay friends that act like that, but you have a certain number of gay friends that do not act like that.

No big deal....sounds like you have a hundred gay friends....emersed in gay friendship. :poke:

What's wrong with having gay friends?

I have a bunch.

• Members

Lots of people have gay friends. :idk:

Just because a dude sucks penises doesn't mean we can't be bros. :love:

• Members

:poke:

sounds like you need to be more comfortable with your sexuality.

in my opinion, if you are straight and are capable of having gay friends, you are a seriously straight mother{censored}er.

• Members

In fact, that gives me a very good reason to be his bro.

:lol:

I'd rather hang around openly gay people than the closeted ones anyway... can only take so much "faggot" this and "damn queers and aids" ... :facepalm:

The things I used to have to listen to from people (that eventually came out :idea:).

Plus I'm a not-so-sexy beast so I don't have to worry about getting hit on. :lol:

• Members

Where in the hell did I say one can't have gay friends?

I have a couple gay friends...and have worked with many gay people. I don't get how you see me asking how many gay friends he actually has as being a problem.

How easy it is for people to just jump on people's {censored}. Look at the poor guy playing a Creed cover.....and all the jackasses riding his ass hard...just for fun. It's a national pastime heralded by the internet. He doing something he loves, sharing his not-so-great skills...and you guys laugh at him...then come in here and call me the bad guy. What a strange world we've become.

Archived