Public apology to tats_dragon

JamesPeters

• Members

Jun (aka his moniker: tats_dragon) and I had an argument in October 2007, in this thread:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1707460

I'd since forgotten about it, but he private messaged me yesterday to show me this post he made on the Huge Racks Inc forums:

http://www.hugeracksinc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54709

When I saw his private message and the post he linked me to, it became apparent that Jun is still upset about our argument from 16 months ago. It wasn't my intent to make Jun upset, let alone for this length of time, so I feel it's necessary to apologize to him. Doing so by private messaging would probably not be adequate in his opinion since our argument had been public; that's why I'm posting this here.

Jun, I realize that arguing with you accomplished nothing practical and only served to upset you. As a result I honestly regret arguing with you. I don't want to revisit the argument we had since doing so would accomplish nothing practical. It's more clear to me than ever that arguments are largely a waste of time and energy, since each person has an opinion and it's unlikely either opinion will change as a result of arguing. Seeing your recent reaction to our old argument reinforces that belief in me, and will definitely serve as a reminder to not get involved in arguments of this type in the future. I hope you will accept my apology.

-James

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jun (aka his moniker: tats_dragon) and I had an argument in October 2007, in this thread:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1707460

I'd since forgotten about it, but he private messaged me yesterday to show me this post he made on the Huge Racks Inc forums:

http://www.hugeracksinc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54709

When I saw his private message and the post he linked me to, it became apparent that Jun is still upset about our argument from 16 months ago. It wasn't my intent to make Jun upset, let alone for this length of time, so I feel it's necessary to apologize to him. Doing so by private messaging would probably not be adequate in his opinion since our argument had been public; that's why I'm posting this here.

Jun, I realize that arguing with you accomplished nothing practical and only served to upset you. As a result I honestly regret arguing with you. I don't want to revisit the argument we had since doing so would accomplish nothing practical. It's more clear to me than ever that arguments are largely a waste of time and energy, since each person has an opinion and it's unlikely either opinion will change as a result of arguing. Seeing your recent reaction to our old argument reinforces that belief in me, and will definitely serve as a reminder to not get involved in arguments of this type in the future. I hope you will accept my apology.

-James

:confused:

• Members

From what I can tell, it was a mountain out of a molehill either way... some people take these internets way too srsly....

Personally all I care about in an instrument cable is that it's reliable and gets my signal from point a to point b. If there are any other differences, they are either (a) subtle enough for me not to notice them, or (b) subtle enough for me to fix them with EQ/settings/etc.

Then again maybe I just don't have the ears of some others... but I'm not going to engage in a flame war over such a minor dispute. Then again, often you find yourself in the middle of such a flame war without even realizing how ridiculous it's gotten.

• Members

I don't think this thread is about re-visiting a cable debate.

I'm sure that wasn't the intention, but the topic is right there for everyone to see, so it's hardly off-topic for me to state my opinions on the subject. But like I said, I'm not going to put too much effort into defending my position :D

• Members

Just so you guys know, I'm not looking to rehash the cables argument. I realize my belief may not represent everyone's belief, and I should've kept that in mind before I even posted on that thread in the first place.

Fair 'nuff. I've said my piece, I don't need to say any more.

Archived