Public apology to tats_dragon

JamesPeters

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The good old days when James still could get angry ;-)

I'm sure tats could hear a difference when he rewired his equipment but one wonders what cables he started out with. Also there seems to be a lot of "defending an expensive purchase" involved.

Giga.

• Members

I can't believe I read that whole thread.

The Lulz was brought though. That thread had all the heavy hitters in expensive butthurtitis lore. We had Zachman, Tits_Dragging, etc.

James, honestly, apology completely unnecessary. The guy was an asshat and you simply let everyone know it.

• Members
Fixed
:o

And looking into that thread I noticed that Zachman is banned
:lol:
What happened there? Did his rack pics crash the HC server?

He's banned huh? Damn, it's been a long time since I've seen a good old condescending "my TC 2290 just flat out sounds better than anything you own or will own...even if you buy another TC 2290" post. If ever anyone deserved to be subjected to blindfolded sound test it's that guy.

• Members

He's banned huh? Damn, it's been a long time since I've seen a good old condescending "my TC 2290 just flat out sounds better than anything you own or will own...even if you buy another TC 2290" post. If ever anyone deserved to be subjected to blindfolded sound test it's that guy.

Zachman's cool though. Unlike some people, he's not just an H-CAF legend in his own mind...but indeed a True H-CAF Legend.

Rack pics legendary, at least.

• Members
Next time when someone who's actually very knowledgeable, with direct experience--such as me--shows up to argue on your side...maybe just shut up and accept it.

That's exactly what I saw earlier in that thread and had to look for where things changed.

Anyway, I hope my own post doesn't seem like I'm trying to be an @ss to you (Tats) or take sides with James just because I'm more familiar with him as a forumite (well... in addition to highly trusting his judgement on things gear-related :cool:), but I just relate with his view in that thread and think your post was the first to get personal as far as the posts between you and James are concerned. IMO, his posts just came off more as being easily honest with nothing apparent to hide while yours seems more like you're tied in with that company or are trying to defend the $ you invested in that setup, though I do realize it's also possible you just notice that much difference and wanted everyone else to, as well.

And then from the post of yours I quoted it just went downhill like countless other threads. I think most of us have been in some threads that didn't go well for us. :D It's just one of a million forgotten threads from back when and something to move on from, IMO.

• Members

What I like is that for the first part of it, they're basically on the same side. James was agreeing that there is a difference in cables, but to him personally the return on that extra $$$ just isn't worth it. Others may feel otherwise, and that's up to them. Perfectly reasonable.

Then twats_dragon somehow still manages to turn it into a massive argument! :lol: {censored}, I can tell he'd be great fun on a night out. :o

• Members
What I like is that for the first part of it, they're basically on the same side. James was agreeing that there is a difference in cables, but to him personally the return on that extra $$$ just isn't worth it. Others may feel otherwise, and that's up to them. Perfectly reasonable.

Exactly.

Then twats_dragon somehow still manages to turn it into a massive argument!
:lol:
{censored}, I can tell he'd be great fun on a night out.
:o

:D

• Members
there's very little i hate more than the fancy cable dorks
:o:rolleyes:

I can kind of relate and totally agree with James' take when he said he wasn't bashing the cables or companies that make them but the person pushing them.

I just finished off reading the last of the thread, and it was very reminiscent of some annoying salesman trying to push expensive vacuum cleaners door-to-door. Even though the vacuum may be bad@ss for what it is, is it really going to make life that much better having it vs. the one you've had already for a while that works great?

Not only that, but by the time I was done reading I almost felt like I hated the company he kept promoting and wanted to rebel against them by buying the cheapest fall-apart cables I can find but had to keep in mind it wasn't them but just the way one of their fans (or employee) pushed them so hard. :lol: I guess it's cool someone's that happy with cables, though. :D

• Members

I could not stomach reading the whole thing, but that asshat was fighting with everyone before you even came into the thread. The guy is a douche plain and simple. Instead of apologizing to him, you should have told him to {censored} himself when he messaged you. Lets see, some snot nosed know it all {censored} fighting with an amp builder. Hmm, who might know more about gear?

• Members
the level of cork sniffery in that fred has been unparralleled in my recent memory.

Troof.

And I got too caught up reading the original HC thread and totally bypassed the one linked to Huge Racks and just read this post over there:

Never heard his amps but Peters himself seems like an arrogant know-it-all over at the Harmony-Central amp forum.

Ask him about good quality cables. Even though he admitted he never used Evidence Audio, he will not hesitate to label it 'snake oil' and berate you for using it.

Man, the guy's making it sound like James' intent was to dis this company even though he had specifically stated that was not his intent at all. I don't have an account at Huge Racks and won't start one just to go debate with the guy over there, knowing being a noobie there will have zero positive effect. Otherwise I'd link the original HC thread there so anyone interested in seeing how things really went could easily do so.

Hopefully the original poster on the forum shows up and digs the amps he checks out and revisits the thread to post about it. :cool:

Archived