anybody here cheated on the wife/gf?

ckreon

• Members

i know, relationship advice on hcaf :facepalm:

but i've seen some good info dealt out here, so:

i'm just curious about what the consequences were if you've done it - not them finding out and breaking out, but feelings of guilt, tension, changed relationship, etc...

any experience appreciated.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

solid advice.

however i'm not really seeking info on the do or don't side (i know the correct answer to that already), i'm interested in the effects.

I had my first serious g/f when I was 16 y.o.. we were together for 1 year and being young and stupid, I cheated on her a lot. The first time I felt horrible and guilty, the second time not so much and after that it was like nothing. I eventually broke up with her because I lost interest. She never found out.

A few years later I was in this great relationship with another girl, totally in love and faithful to her and I found out she cheated on me. Worst feeling ever.

From that point on, I never even considered cheating on anybody again.

Even now that I'm single, I wouldn't get with somebody who is married or has a boyfriend, because it's not something I'd want to be part of from ANY angle. Learned my lesson.

Also, karma is a bitch.

• Members

I had my first serious g/f when I was 16 y.o.. we were together for 1 year and being young and stupid, I cheated on her a lot. The first time I felt horrible and guilty, the second time not so much and after that it was like nothing. I eventually broke up with her because I lost interest. She never found out.

A few years later I was in this great relationship with another girl, totally in love and faithful to her and I found out she cheated on me. Worst feeling ever.

Even now that I'm single, I wouldn't get with somebody who is married or has a boyfriend, because it's not something I'd want to be part of from ANY angle. Learned my lesson.

Also, karma is a bitch.

i've been told the first time is the hardest, and i agree about the karma thing...

• Members

It's only human to be tempted. But I was once "that guy." to a couple that was already married. I had no idea she was married until like 2 years after the fact. If I had known she was married I would have never had sex w/ her. Even after 2 years I still felt like {censored}. It's just not worth it.

Don't be in a relationship if you can't commit to it. If you're interested in someone else get rid of the person you're with.

• Members
i know, relationship advice on hcaf
:facepalm:

but i've seen some good info dealt out here, so:

i'm just curious about what the consequences were if you've done it - not them finding out and breaking out, but feelings of guilt, tension, changed relationship, etc...

any experience appreciated.

Let me say .... IT SUCKS Don't do it :facepalm::cry:

• Members

It's just outright inconsiderate to the person you're with to cheat on them, man.

I've been with my wife for 9 years. I promised (she as well) that she'd be the first to know if I ever decided I didn't want to be with her. Infidelity is for children that can't man(woman) up and be responsible.

• Members

thanks for all the advice.

if it helps, i'm not married - and i don't think i would ever cheat on my girlfriend.

but as was mentioned, temptation does arise, and when its an easy possibility (ie, someone willing/wanting to make it happen) it can be hard to say no.

• Members

I haven't and hopefully won't. I've been with my girlfriend 8 years. In all seriousness though, I doubt I'd be able to say no if lets say I'm at a random party and there's a drunk girl who's proper asking for it. I'd feel bad for doing it but also bad for not taking the opportunity!

I wouldn't go out of my way to do it though - if you're going out your way to cheat then you should probably not be with the person you're with.

• Members

You know, there is always temptation. There's always going to be people you see or meet who you are attracted to, thats just a given. Maybe its just me, but I dont think sex is any good unless it with someone you really care about. If you feel the need to have sex with someone else, you arent really invested in who you are with to begin with, so you might as well NOT be with them. Leave em and screw whoever you want. IN THAT ORDER.

• Members

Also, karma is a bitch.

/thread.

• Members
Let me say .... IT SUCKS Don't do it
:facepalm::cry:

^^This..

Don't get me wrong, there was definitely some fun involved, but the resulting hatred:lol: wasnt worth it.. BUt I didnt try to hide the fact.. I told my wife and we seperated.. BUt I have kids and now our relationship isnt near as good as it could be or used to be..

• Members

My wife is my truest friend, I could never do that to her. It would be like stabbing myself in the heart and I couldn't live with myself afterward. Temptation can arise, sure, but use your {censored}ing head and keep your dick in your pants.

If you don't feel like there's anything wrong with it, if you're considering it, just break up with whoever you're with because whatever it is, it isn't strong enough to be called love.

Archived