IS Grendel Sound an online scam?? Read and Vent here...

Californian1988

• Members

On the 11th I paid and ordered a Grendel Dead Room from this guy Alex Knappenberger. But I haven't heard from him since. Like not even a acknowledgment that he was on it. And really that's all I wanted. If the guy got in over his head with orders or whatever that fine, I just wanted to know what the fuck's going on.

After searching the few different forums lately and seeing the issues people have had with him in the past, I'm starting to get a sick feeling that I might have just fucked away $529 on a fraud.

Has anyone actually received a Dead Room cabinet in the last couple of months? Or is this guy taking the money and smoking it?

This guy hasn't returned my emails for the last 2 weeks. And its not like I'm hammering him with emails...I'm giving him days at a time to respond. Prior to that, he was more than helpful by returned my emails within minutes.....until he got my money. I was even re-assured by the guy at the time that he had the damn cabinet in stock and ready to go. But I guess not.

I even sent him a question as a interested potential buyer (under a different name!) and he right there with a fast response, when he thought I was someone else ready to give him money. So he is seeing his emails regularly.

I notice that Alex Knappenberger seems to post here and on other forums. To Alex: Dude, if you have time to troll message boards and promote your product, how about dropping a three line email to the people who are paying you half a grand at a time.

I'd like to know just how common this situation is.....so anyone with a similar situation or some advice on what to do, I'd really appreciate it.:facepalm:

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This has happened before. He's the guy from ohio, right? Or is that a different guy?

If that is the same guy, then yes he just got in trouble with Mogami cables and has had problems like this before. You're not the first, maybe Grendel is different, but I recall them having the same problem, if those two aren't the same, hang on let me check

• Members

This dude couldn't put together a straight business deal to save his life, could he?

Everybody needs to know about this kind of stuff....his website seems pretty legit to the unsuspecting buyer. It pisses me off to no end when people with not a lot of money get swindled out of it by some douchenozzle.

• Members

Wow. This is why I am having a hard time pulling the trigger on buying amps from sellers online.

To the OP, I hope that the builder will either send you a full refund or a partial refund + the cab for his lack of customer service skills.

• Members

This thread sounds like a trap.

Having said that, I wouldn't give that asshat a dime.

Thanks for all the fast replies guys. I'm not sure what you guys mean by "trap". Could you please explain??:confused:

Anyway, I'm more than happy to post all my emails trying to get a hold of this guy. I'm really embarrassed by this, because I'm usually a pretty "aware" consumer. But what got me was that I REALLY needed one of these for my recording project.....and it was just too damn tempting.:facepalm:

Archived