IS Grendel Sound an online scam?? Read and Vent here...

Californian1988

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On the 11th I paid and ordered a Grendel Dead Room from this guy Alex Knappenberger. But I haven't heard from him since. Like not even a acknowledgment that he was on it. And really that's all I wanted. If the guy got in over his head with orders or whatever that fine, I just wanted to know what the {censored}'s going on.

You are lucky because you can dispute it through Paypal and get you $$$ back. I've been waiting since Mid-April.

My suggestion is to make a post here as well.....on his Youtube page. You can see where he responded to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5ZAWLwr7eE

He responded to me there....but I have yet to hear from him in any other way. I've got a whole can of whoopass waiting to post if he doesn't come clean with it.

I can't dispute it through paypal because it's way over 45 days but since I did pay with my bank account, my entertainment lawyer (for contracts) says that I won't have a problem recovering the funds through the bank. Speaking with my bank this morning, they are willing to pursue it at no charge and will support my claims for damages incurred as well.

Again, I'm giving the guy the chance here to somehow redeem himself and nothing more will be said. Really.

• Members

Anyone with any issues E-mail me ASAP alex(at)grendelsound.com and we will get it resolved. I don't know your name from your screen name on here so chances are your order may be going out this week or something may have seriously slipped through the cracks.

Either way no I am not in the business of scamming people and you are always welcome to open a PayPal buyer dispute.

• Members
Anyone with any issues E-mail me ASAP alex(at)grendelsound.com and we will get it resolved. I don't know your name from your screen name on here so chances are your order may be going out this week or something may have seriously slipped through the cracks.

Either way no I am not in the business of scamming people and you are always welcome to open a PayPal buyer dispute.

*coughbull{censored}cough*

why the {censored} does he have to email you, CALL HIM.

{censored}ing christ. :facepalm:

• Members

Lets keep this ol horse alive fellas ..........
:thu:

hmmmm...

estimated build costs:

particle board (half a sheet of 4x8) $10

2 mic clips and short mounts $20

a small amount of Fake Mogami xlr cable $1

xlr jacks $5

a little covering $3

hardware $20- $30

a little bit of foam $10

empty iso box for ...what ..$450 ?

Thats a nice profit this kid is making ......

:cop:

Ha! Way off buddy. And fake mogami cable?! what? They offer it in different jacket colors and I went with yellow, do your homework, jackass.

Also it's MDF not particle board. I would never build anything out of particle board for as long as I live. If you want to get into the discussion why MDF is better than Birch for this particular application then we can.

$3 for "a little covering" have you ever built a speaker box before? Jesus, more like $20 per cabinet for that. The inside XLR jacks are almost $5.00 each and the outside xlr jacks are about 4 bucks each. The jackplate is almost 5 bucks, handles, birch for the door, corners, paint, routers, circle jigs, getting very dirty and dusty, glue, clamps (I have almost $1000 worth of clamps), cabinet building experience. There's a lot of things you are overlooking and believe me the cabinets cost a lot more to build then you think, I don't {censored} around with {censored}ty components.

• Members

*coughbull{censored}cough*

why the {censored} does he have to email you, CALL HIM.

{censored}ing christ.
:facepalm:

The truth of the matter is I spent a long time doing a telemarketing job for a local company called "suarez" selling "edenpure heaters". After that I simply cannot stand talking on the phone it seriously gives me nightmares. All the people I had to sell a piece of {censored} $400 infared heater to claiming to them that it would "lower their gas and electric bills" which makes no sense at all since it's a 1500 watt heater. I'm quite afraid to have to be a salesman ever again, that's just not me.

But no you're right. Well if you feel like you're getting screwed by me please PM me on here with your name so I can look up your number or just give me your number I'll give you a buzz ASAP so we can get this fixed.

• Members

and by the way I know I have two guys from Canada waiting to get a cabinet and some other guy is waiting for two cabinets over in.....somewhere over on the other side of the globe.

OP, if you're name is Paul then yes you're one of the guys from Canada. Right now I'm installing hardware on a mess of cabinets so it will be coming your way shortly.

It sucks because the way this operates is I am usually finishing up cabinets as the orders for them are already coming in so there will be customers who experience no wait at all and their order ships the next day and then I've gotten myself into a couple {censored}ty situations like this.

I'm not upset about this post, I'm quite glad there is a place people can post about things like this. It's good to have a heads up. I know I'm not Tim from ear candy cabs and I don't want to ever be that guy. My satisfied customers outweigh the unsatisfied but thats not saying {censored} like this is okay. Definitely not. It can all be blamed on the small level of production I work on.

• Members

and by the way I know I have two guys from Canada waiting to get a cabinet and some other guy is waiting for two cabinets over in.....somewhere over on the other side of the globe.

OP, if you're name is Paul then yes you're one of the guys from Canada. Right now I'm installing hardware on a mess of cabinets so it will be coming your way shortly.

It sucks because the way this operates is I am usually finishing up cabinets as the orders for them are already coming in so there will be customers who experience no wait at all and their order ships the next day and then a {censored}ty situation like this.

Really this thread didn't make me bust any sweat at all. I know I'm not Tim from ear candy cabs and I don't want to ever be that guy. My satisfied customers outweigh the unsatisfied but thats not saying {censored} like this is okay. Definitely not. It can all be blamed on the small level of production I work on.

Why doesnt the next person on your list get priority on the cabs being sent out? (BTW, Im just wondering....not bitching.)

• Members

Why doesnt the next person on your list get priority on the cabs being sent out? (BTW, Im just wondering....not bitching.)

To tell you the truth in the past I have let a couple international orders slide down the list behind USA orders simply because of the customs paperwork and the small pain in the ass that it is. Probably not going to do that anymore after this...:idea:

You live and you learn! I still have a lot to learn about business but these past 2 years have certainly gave me a good insight.

I really can't wait until I can hire people to do all the labor for me and I can sit in the office and deal with customers all day. I could afford to do that now but there's just something about training people to do things the way I do and just not feeling as confident in the quality of the product if I'm not the one that actually built it from start to finish..

• Members

To tell you the truth in the past I have let a couple international orders slide down the list behind USA orders simply because of the customs paperwork and the small pain in the ass that it is. Probably not going to do that anymore after this...
:idea:

You live and you learn! I still have a lot to learn about business but these past 2 years have certainly gave me a good insight.

I really can't wait until I can hire people to do all the labor for me and I can sit in the office and deal with customers all day. I could afford to do that now but there's just something about training people to do things the way I do and just not feeling as confident in the quality of the product if I'm not the one that actually built it from start to finish..

Well, with you being somewhat of a dumbass, I'd say you have yourself build the cabs and have someone who isn't a {censored}up at sales do the costumers all day.

• Members

Holy " I'm trying to save face " batman!

You're a {censored} businessman, sell the rest of your products that you have and finish your current orders, and retire, any credibility that you had is lost on the fact that you can't even communicate

• Members

And, why does he resort to out and out lying?

Has a phone#, pager and an email address, but couldn't receive any of the messages via all three? Yeah, right.

Look Alex, you may be in over your head, but you're just going to really {censored} your {censored} up if you feed bull{censored} stories like this to your customers. They are not idiots, but yet you insist on insulting their intelligence.

Man up and issue a statement similar to this:

"I apologize for my inability to address the concerns of all my customers, I am overwhelmed right now and I will from now on give an HONEST estimate up front of the time it will take to get the cab to your door . I should have done this in the first place, but my inexperience in the business world didn't give me enough foresight to do so. Again I apologize. I really want to be a successful business with a total focus on customer satisfaction, utilizing my best efforts to do so."

That is probably the only way you will possibly save face. It would probably be a good idea to knock a percentage off the total price of the people you jerked around. Sure you lose some money, but it makes your customer happier, and hell, a few may come back to you for your business...or recommend someone else to do so.

According to you, there aren't that many complaints, so this should be a breeze.

Take your eye off the bottom line and look at the big picture.

This is how businesses USED to be run, anyway.

• Members

The truth of the matter is I spent a long time doing a telemarketing job for a local company called "suarez" selling "edenpure heaters". After that I simply cannot stand talking on the phone it seriously gives me nightmares. All the people I had to sell a piece of {censored} $400 infared heater to claiming to them that it would "lower their gas and electric bills" which makes no sense at all since it's a 1500 watt heater. I'm quite afraid to have to be a salesman ever again, that's just not me.

But no you're right. Well if you feel like you're getting screwed by me please PM me on here with your name so I can look up your number or just give me your number I'll give you a buzz ASAP so we can get this fixed.

Your lies keep piling up. Quit {censored}ing around with people's money, and get the {censored} out of the cab business. In fact you should probably go back to Telemarketing, because you suck balls at running your own business.

No one wants to hear your laundry list of excuses and bull{censored} for jerking people around. The fact of the matter is, you're a piece of {censored}, and you just won't give up. How you suckered more people into paying you money is beyond me, but rest assured I'll keep these threads going as long as the mods leave them open so no one else gets {censored}ed.

You can keep playing the nonchalant card, but it's not working. You're a borderline scam artist, and full time mongoloid. Eat a dick, and leave.

• Members

Holy " I'm trying to save face " batman!

You're a {censored} businessman, sell the rest of your products that you have and finish your current orders, and retire, any credibility that you had is lost on the fact that you can't even communicate

You've got it all wrong. I'm not "trying to save face" in fact I couldn't give a {censored} less about this thread. I'm trying to get these problems with my customers worked out. No, I'm not going to just quit. Give yourself a break from the internet, go outside and take a walk, ride a bike, plant some flowers or something.

Archived