OT: WHAT A BUNCH OF WHINING BABIES!!!!!

Chrisjd

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see anything wrong with what they're doing. If you don't like a company, or the management, then don't use their product. I haven't set foot in a Wal-Mart in over 10 years because I hate their business practices. How is this any different?

• Members

I don't see anything wrong with what they're doing. If you don't like a company, or the management, then don't use their product. I haven't set foot in a Wal-Mart in over 10 years because I hate their business practices. How is this any different?

Well, considering Whole Foods takes good care of their employees, and John Mackey took a $1.00 salary in 2007, i would say they are pretty fair and generous.

• Members

That, I did not know. Still, whatever. It's not like it's actually going to hit their bottom line, and 99% of those who say they're boycotting it won't last a week.

I mean, I would shop at a Whole Foods if we had them here, but we don't. It sucks.

I go to the farmer's market instead, to get my fresh stuff. I'd rather pay the local farmers directly anyway.

• Members

Because anyone with a brain can figure out that Obama's health care plan can't be a good idea. Spending billions of dollars that have to come from somewhere. Senators shouting over citizens who want to learn the truth about the program.

It would be one thing if whole foods didn't offer health insurance benefits. Sounds to me like they are possibly the best employer to be working for, if you've got to have that kind of job. Makes me shudder, thinking about working in service or retail industry again. What great health benefits their employees apparently have!

It almost makes me embarrassed to admit I shop there. I don't want to be associated with that batch of losers.

• Members

The crazy thing about it is that the whole idea behind the progressive idea is supposed to be individual freedom. Yet...

These folks are slapping this guy down for stepping out of line. Sounds sort of fascist to me.

Hmmmm... :confused:

• Members

Because anyone with a brain can figure out that Obama's health care plan can't be a good idea. Spending billions of dollars that have to come from somewhere. Senators shouting over citizens who want to learn the truth about the program.

It would be one thing if whole foods didn't offer health insurance benefits. Sounds to me like they are possibly the best employer to be working for, if you've got to have that kind of job. Makes me shudder, thinking about working in service or retail industry again. What great health benefits their employees apparently have!

It almost makes me embarrassed to admit I shop there. I don't want to be associated with that batch of losers.

You should make your voice heard and let them know that you support the CEO's stance and will continue to spend your dollars there.

• Members

i don't see anything wrong with what mackey said-- basically-- people shouldn't eat cheetos and drink coke and hamburgers and expect the government to roto root their arteries and find them a spare heart.

i think people are just shocked to hear somebody in the 'health food fanatic' sector (:facepalm:) be that outspoken about not being silly.

i think it's kinda important-- but it's gonna alienate the uberliberals, and it's gonna seem like a vote of confidence to the conservatives. but honestly.. it just sounds like the irritation of a man who's sick of silliness.

• Members

Yes, I realize it isn't like he ONLY made one dollar that year.
:lol:

Yep. Other CEO's are getting benefits like stock options anyway, so a one dollar salary is still conserving $.

Besides, no matter how much money I already had, I wouldn't seriously take a job that only paid a dollar per year, and wouldn't expect anyone else to.

• Members

This is sick, reading what these tools are bitching about. I never knew whole food's customers were so pathetic...

For realz?

I dig Whole Foods because they have certain products that are otherwise hard to find. However I {censored}ing hate most of the trendy mongoloids that shop there. Once the phrase "Going Green" got popular, it's damn near impossible to shop at the Plano Whole Foods, because it's packed full of those trendy {censored}s.

They're too stupid to even read what the CEO wrote. WF pays for great insurance for it's full time employees, and is not one of the companies (like Walmart) that try to cut every single employee benefit out to further profit.

• Members
The crazy thing about it is that the whole idea behind the progressive idea is supposed to be individual freedom. Yet...

These folks are slapping this guy down for stepping out of line. Sounds sort of fascist to me.

Hmmmm...
:confused:

Wrong. It's the free market at work. If you don't like the actions a company takes, hit 'em in the wallet.

• Members

haha, what a bunch of {censored}ing pussies.

Not shopping somewhere because your views don't match the ones of the CEO= Massively retarded

Just for fun, pop into the fx forum and ask why a lot of them won't buy danelectro products.

• Members

Not shopping somewhere because your views don't match the ones of the CEO= Massively retarded

Actually I completely agree with speaking with your money. ie I don't shop at Walmart because they treat their employees like {censored} in an effort to peddle more cheap crap that no one needs.

However, I have a problem with misguided individuals that don't understand why they boycott a business.

It's a trendy fashion statement to blog about not shopping somewhere over a document these people don't understand. It's just plain retarded.

• Members

It's the same as the guys that won't buy a Splawn because they don't agree with Scott putting Bible notation on the inside of his amps.

:idk: meh watever

• Members

Wrong. It's the free market at work. If you don't like the actions a company takes, hit 'em in the wallet.

No, I was making an ironical statement about the progressive crowd who holler and scream about acceptance and tolerance but if you break from their accepted ideology they'll {censored}ing crucify you in heartbeat.

Archived