Not bad for 299 $

Duesentrieb

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The add tube is just for the loop. Stock it has three gainstages + CF - I've tweaked those for more gain. The other (added9 channel has two gainstages (bypasses V1B).

The whole orig. amp is based on the Atmoic 16, the schematic fits almost 100%. Some minor differences (could be the plan of the Atomic though).

Filtering is lower (jsut a single 47

• Members

The add tube is just for the loop. Stock it has three gainstages + CF - I've tweaked those for more gain. The other (added9 channel has two gainstages (bypasses V1B).

The whole orig. amp is based on the Atmoic 16, the schematic fits almost 100%. Some minor differences (could be the plan of the Atomic though).

Filtering is lower (jsut a single 47

• Members

Doesn't the loop only use 1/2 of the tube? I'm not very interested in loops but if i get my hands on one and my assumption of the loop is correct i may put one in along with an additional gain stage.

i've seen loops with a buffer stage and recovery stage - both sides of the tube used.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Very cool, thanks!

Interesting that R15, R16, R26 are changed to smaller values. Is this to raise the plate voltage and hence giving it more headroom?

Here's a schem.

It is for manual switching and doesn't show the loop circuitry, also there are some additional resistors needed to avoid popping during switching channels/modes, but you get the idea - no rocket science . . .

• Members

more questions if you don't mind, VH4

1. C24 to block DC?

2. R40 and R41/R42 form a voltage divider to reduce the signal level out of v1a?

3. C25 is treble bypass?

4. What R43 for, since there is already the R10 at 220k?

5. C26 is another treble bypass?

6. What happened to the Presence circuit?

7. Moving NFB tap from 16ohms to 8ohm secondary halves the feedback level?

Thanks in advance!

• Members

Interesting point about the small OT and NFB, I didn't realize the potential issues...

Still a little unclear about R43, I assume it increases the grid stopper value in the clean channel position. Going from 220k to 1.22M would provide a roughly 3dB attenuation going into v2a? Does R43 by itself (without C26) acts as a lowpass filter (

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the theory stuff... :)

• Members

I have another scheme that some one sent me that they were claiming to be the "official" schematic for the jca 20.

so which is the correct schematic, Vh4's or the one i was give/have attached?

I'll find out in person when i get my amp next week.

Archived