Joe Bonamassa Live from the Royal Albert Hall > YOUCE FACE

Ron Burgandy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really awesome playing and tone. I'm a big Bonamassa fan but my problem with him is his songs really. Beyond a few gems, I find a lot of it quite forgettable for some reason
:idk:

my feelings are kind of the same, the songs and album are kinda boring and his singing sucks but he drops some solos like at 3:35 here that are some of my favorites ever

[YOUTUBE]HKIk0jVbPPw[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

It's really childish & cynical of me, and more than a tad selfishly egotistical, but I love threads like this about guitarists/musicians who really are great at what they do, because there are always at least a few folks who can't stand 'em, find 'em boring and/or annoying, or say they just plain suck.

And that makes me think, "Hey, if there are people who say that even about *this* guy, then I feel a LOT better about my own playing/singing/songwriting!"

:wave:

• Members

I'm not knocking it, it's a good band and all that, but I just don't get it.

It sounds very pedestrian to me.
:idk:
The scary thing is, there are enough bald, middle-aged, failed guitarists in this country to fill the Albert Hall.
:eek:

Let's see your version!!:love:

I must be easily amused because I was entertained by that.

A little pretentious mabye but that's Rock-N-Roll attitude for ya.

• Members

I was at that Albert hall gig, best atmosphere of any concert I've ever been to, once-in-a-lifetime for sure.

That said, lately I'm finding some of Joe's stuff a little bit repetitive and....well, tame. Sometimes the vocals work great but often they don't.

I'm really hoping Black Country Communion will strip things back a bit, the same way Chickenfoot brought out the best in Satch.

No more white boy blues, just ballsy rock and roll.

• Members

I was at that Albert hall gig, best atmosphere of any concert I've ever been to, once-in-a-lifetime for sure.

That said, lately I'm finding some of Joe's stuff a little bit repetitive and....well, tame. Sometimes the vocals work great but often they don't.

I'm really hoping Black Country Communion will strip things back a bit, the same way Chickenfoot brought out the best in Satch.

No more white boy blues, just ballsy rock and roll.

Seriously his concerts have a great atmosphere you don't have to deal with {censored}ing dumbass retards just musicians and laid back fans. One of the most enjoyable shows I've ever seen.:thu:

• Members

I love JB. I think he has the best blues tone on the planet. I got the albert hall DVD a few months ago and loved it.

My wife liked Opeth's round house DVD a lot more though
:lol:

Oh I almost forgot but not really... Opeth, albert hall... my DVD preorder is paid!!

I wish this was facebook so I could "like" this entire quote. :love:

• Members

I don't know the name of the song, the chorus is "Sinners and Saints"...and I
:love:
that song. Plus the Music Man he's playing on that is {censored}ing SEXY.

Yeah I think that was the first tune they did. Seemed like it was in D or some other dropped tuning by the way he was playing it.

Archived