Joe Bonamassa Live from the Royal Albert Hall > YOUCE FACE

Ron Burgandy

• Members

Yeah I think that was the first tune they did. Seemed like it was in D or some other dropped tuning by the way he was playing it.

Yeah, it was a dropped tuning, but that top string was WAAAY down there. I think he was actually tuned BADGBE...at least it sounded that way to me. He had that octave thing going on, not quite the one finger root-fifth of your usual dropped tunings.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, it was a dropped tuning, but that top string was WAAAY down there. I think he was actually tuned BADGBE...at least it sounded that way to me. He had that octave thing going on, not quite the one finger root-fifth of your usual dropped tunings.

That was my thought too, that it was baritone tuned or something pretty low. Carmine was ridin' the low B pretty heavy during that tune and they had some good unison stuff going on, so makes sense.

• Members

Cool.

Like others have said, I a fan, but I much prefer his old rock sound and his old trio. Eric Czar was ridiculous. Amazing bass player. The tunes rocked and Joe didn't play the same three licks over and over.

Black Country Communion should be great. Hughes is a great singer and the songs sound cool. More rock, less repetitive blues.

• Members
Let's see your version!!
:love:
I must be easily amused because I was entertained by that.

A little pretentious mabye but that's Rock-N-Roll attitude for ya.

That's a perfectly fair comment. Thing is, I don't really have a version of that kind of thing, I'm more of a sideman/session guy really.
I'm really not knocking what Joe does, he's a big talent and it's working for him. I'd just love to see him play with blood and sweat and real internal fire, to an audience his own age, rather than fill the void left by the dead heroes of a middle-aged demographic.
It's just a personal thing, I've never been a fan of music that's only aimed at other guitar players, especially 55 year old dentists in Brothers in Arms tour shirts. ;)

• Members
I sort of agree with you, JB's playing is amazing but I can only tolerate so much of his stuff where as I can listen to Warren 24/7.

Warren imho is more free style playing and the same with his music and shows. Jam oriented - I mean take the tune "Afro-Blue" off of "From a little help from our Friends"
clocks in at 29:31! and has room for massive improv :thu:
Stuff like that plus the type of music Warren is into makes me want to listen to Warren 24/7 as well :cool:

Archived