Is there a way to engage several pedals at once?

dgc480

• Members

Yep...you need a midi switcher. Usually they come as a rack unit that has a loop for each pedal. You could make the first button on your midi controller turn on loops 1,5 and 6 or make button 2 turn on loops 2 and 3, etc. The Voodoo GCX is a well known one:

http://www.voodoolab.com/gcx.htm

They're $400 new and you'll need the midi controller of course.

• Members

What you want is a box called a "true-bypass looper". There are a number of companies that make them, but the one that comes to mind is Loop Master/. Basically, it will let you patch a couple of pedals into them, and the TB looper will allow you to bypass all the activated pedals in that separate loop. This is the simplest way to do this. The complicated ways would be to have a midi setup.

• Members
Yep...you need a midi switcher. Usually they come as a rack unit that has a loop for each pedal. You could make the first button on your midi controller turn on loops 1,5 and 6 or make button 2 turn on loops 2 and 3, etc. The Voodoo GCX is a well known one:

http://www.voodoolab.com/gcx.htm

They're $400 new and you'll need the midi controller of course.

your avatar:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Members
What you want is a box called a "true-bypass looper". There are a number of companies that make them, but the one that comes to mind is
Loop Master/
. Basically, it will let you patch a couple of pedals into them, and the TB looper will allow you to bypass all the activated pedals in that separate loop. This is the simplest way to do this. The complicated ways would be to have a midi setup.

This! :thu:
I use a True Bypass Looper to take my Wah pedal out of my chain when I'm not using it so that it doesn't suck tone.

I use this guy's looper: http://www.this1smyne.com/product_list/products/mtb-mini-true-bypass-box/
You can choose your enclosure color and LED color.
And it has a tiny footprint that doesn't take up too much space on your board.
Fantastic price and prompt customer service (unlike some other small-time pedal manufacturers I've had the displeasure of dealing with).

• Members

The loop selector is a really easy method but it does mean that you can only have one 'combination' selection. The midi setup might be expensive and coplicated initially but once you've got to grips with it it will give you lots of control...essentially giving you a multieffects box with patches but where the pedals are your actual pedals.

Think about how high quality your whole rig is...do you really need all those pedals or will a single multieffects with patches do? Just a thought.

Alternatively, get more pedals; for instance if you want to turn on a volume boost and a bit of compression for a solo, get a pedal that can do that instead of using a compressor and a boost pedal...obviously this doesn't work for some combinations!

You could simplify your rig by keeping the important pedals you use constantly and handing out all of the more complicated rarely used combinations to an effects box.

• Members

TDMA is based on the acronym for time division multiple access, a common multiple access technique which is used by multiple protocols, including GSM, as well as in IS-54 and IS-136. However, D-AMPS has been competing against GSM and systems based on code division multiple access for adoption by the network carriers, although it is now being phased out in favor of GSM/GPRS and CDMA2000 technology.

St Lucia all inclusive

• Members

Doesn't seem like he needs multiple options.

Maybe not now...what about in the future though? He's obviously got a multiple pedal setup so what happens when he starts experimenting more or buying more pedals? OK, it's probably overkill at this stage but if he's got plenty of cash he might as well buy a future proof solution...

• Members

Maybe not now...what about in the future though? He's obviously got a multiple pedal setup so what happens when he starts experimenting more or buying more pedals? OK, it's probably overkill at this stage but if he's got plenty of cash he might as well buy a future proof solution...

Wouldn't it be better to outgrow a

Archived