Is there a way to engage several pedals at once?

dgc480

• Members

Its just a thought at the minute. I'd have to work out the switching but it would be something like this:

A bunch of loops with relays which either engage the loop or leave them bypassed.

A bunch of foot switches that engage selected loops.

A dip switch for each foot switch to determine which loops get engaged when the foot switch is activated.

To activate a relay all you need to do is put a voltage across it so each one has the activation voltage supplied to it. Its then switched by connecting the ground. The ground made by the footswitch and the ground to each loop is further be made or broken with a dip switch, thus selecting what gets engaged or not when the footswitch is activated. Theres a little more to it than that but I havent even sketched this out so I havent gone over the finer details.

• Members

What you want is a box called a "true-bypass looper". There are a number of companies that make them, but the one that comes to mind is
. Basically, it will let you patch a couple of pedals into them, and the TB looper will allow you to bypass all the activated pedals in that separate loop. This is the simplest way to do this. The complicated ways would be to have a midi setup.

Huge +1 to this. I have a loop master single button/led loop switch box and it works GREAT for engaging multiple pedals with 1 click. I've used it with the JTM45 to have 2 different OD pedals on cascading into each other and then use the loop switch to engage/disengage both at once with 1 click by essentially allowing them into the main signal. Very efficient but the build time for the loop master stuff is over the top IMO.

You get the whole "high quality products and won't be hurried through on the build, etc..." blah blah blah...

Good pedal though but I don't know if I'd order from them again unless I needed something specific simply due to the build time.

Archived