I'm banned!! Megadeth content

Cooker

• Members

Ok.....Megadeth is my all time favorite band and I've seen them 10 or 11 times live. Most have been great.

For the 2ND time in 2010, I went to their live show in Phoenix and it sounded like TOTAL ASS. Seriously. They need to fire their {censored}ing sound guy or whoever is doing the mixing. Brodericks guitars almost split my ear drums on the ice pick, ear piecing, bending. I could barely even hear Dave's guitar. When Dave was talking to the crowd in between songs you could not even understand what he was saying. They sounded like absolute {censored}. Really sad cause you could tell their playing was great.

What the {censored}? What kind of professional allows this mickey mouse {censored} to happen? How can they go on tour for a full year and not realize they sound HORRIBLE?

• Members

Dude- I went to see Van Halen a few years ago. Never saw em before and expected the pa to sound good considering who they are. I could barely make out the songs. It was the worst concert sound I have ever heard.

It was so distorted it hurt my head and I left early. What a letdown.

• Members

Megadeth is stupid. Dave can play his ass off, but to no avail. His music is boring. I saw them with Slayer a couple months ago and they did that one album... in it's entirety... like it mattered... It was massive shred. Granted. hands down sick guitar playing. But talk about a whole arena standing still like, "what the {censored}?". the vocals sucked and the music had no soul or groove. I can't understand why so many people like MegaDave. Guess it's just not my cup of tea.

edit: nor was it the cup of tea of half the people there.

• Members

I'd much rather hear Peace Sells... But Who's Buying in it's entirety, if the sounds gonna be good. Rust in Peace is nice to rock out in your room, but I'd be bored {censored}less sitting through a concert of Megadeth playing the album from start to finish.

agreed. I liked the first two MegaDave albums. But, after that... meh... a few good songs here and there. Loads of technically fantastic, boring to listen to guitar playing.

Not to diminish the shred talent that has been Megadeth. I would much rather watch a Megadeth video for the guitar lesson than listen to any of their albums (after Peace Sells) for pleasure.

• Members

Megadeth is stupid. Dave can play his ass off, but to no avail. His music is boring. I saw them with Slayer a couple months ago and they did that one album... in it's entirety... like it mattered... It was massive shred. Granted. hands down sick guitar playing. But talk about a whole arena standing still like, "what the {censored}?". the vocals sucked and the music had no soul or groove. I can't understand why so many people like MegaDave. Guess it's just not my cup of tea.

edit: nor was it the cup of tea of half the people there.

Just saw this tour recently and the reaction was quite the opposite...

• Members
Ok.....Megadeth is my all time favorite band and I've seen them 10 or 11 times live. Most have been great.

For the
2ND
time in 2010, I went to their live show in Phoenix and it sounded like
TOTAL ASS.
Seriously. They need to fire their {censored}ing sound guy or whoever is doing the mixing. Brodericks guitars almost split my ear drums on the ice pick, ear piecing, bending. I could barely even hear Dave's guitar. When Dave was talking to the crowd in between songs you could not even understand what he was saying. They sounded like absolute {censored}. Really sad cause you could tell their playing was great.

What the {censored}? What kind of professional allows this mickey mouse {censored} to happen? How can they go on tour for a full year and not realize they sound HORRIBLE?

Both Dave & Chris are using the Axe-Fx for their guitar sounds... so what could be wrong? We all know the Snax sounds better than any tube amp on earth???

:eek:

:poke:

:cop:

:facepalm:

• Members

im not a huge megadeth fan and could not wait for them to sound like {censored} so i could run back here and bash them for all the megamave nuthuggers and i couldnt even do it cause they sounded amazing :confused: same people were bashing Slayer as well though so i dont know how valid their opinion is

• Members

Just saw this tour recently and the reaction was quite the opposite...

Cool. Glad someone enjoyed it. Maybe I got an off night. Different strokes, I guess.

I've seen Megadeth several times (they always manage to tour with other bands I actually want to see) and they just don't do it for me.

Archived