Anything better than a 5150 in the same price range

jr_vw2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's out there that is better or just as good as the 5150 in about the same price range. Playing metal (unearth type stuff) I already have a 5150 I like it but looking to add to the collection.

I am selling a Peavey Ultra Plus for $450 shipped. That is an awesome metal amp, just as good as the 5150 (different voicing , but not lower quality by any means)

• Members

I actually can get some pretty heavy metal tones out of my YCS50h :idk:.

For under a grand and if you looked used there are some options.

Single/Dual Recto

Peavey Triumph/XXX/Ultra

Blackstar HT 20/100

Bugera 6262/333xl (flame if you want, people can get some good tones out of them)

Engl Fireball 60

Sometimes VHT deliverances are under a grand used..

There is also that deliverance based el34 amp Skaaks is selling.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2624247-FS-VHT-Deliverance-Inspired-Custom-Amp-w-Extras

Edit:

Also check out the Laney VH100R and some of the Rivera stuff (used).

• Members

I actually can get some pretty heavy metal tones out of my YCS50h
:idk:

For under a grand and if you looked used there are some options.

Single/Dual Recto

Peavey Triumph/XXX/Ultra

Blackstar HT 20/100

Bugera 6262/333xl (flame if you want, people can get some good tones out of them)

Engl Fireball 60

Sometimes VHT deliverances are under a grand used..

There is also that deliverance based el34 amp Zach (Titan amps) is selling. If it is anything like the quality of his Titan amps, then that is a pretty good price-

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2624247-FS-VHT-Deliverance-Inspired-Custom-Amp-w-Extras

Edit:

Also check out the Laney VH100R and some of the Rivera stuff (used).

I don't think that is Zach. Skaaks is a trustworthy dude though. Bought my Sig: X from him. Don't recall his name being Zach on the money order though. :idk:

• Members

Blackstar HT-100.......better cleans, 3 channels ect
classic 50.............Better cleans, reverb (personal fave)

I seriously cannot understand why everyone loves the 6505, its a wollowy yet, buzzy sounding mess. And i dont give a {censored} if it cuts better then most amps, its crap when you are trying to get 2 amps to mix and the 6505 sounds {censored}ty coz you have scooped it out too much to get it to sit with some dickheads spider 75 watter....

• Members

Blackstar HT-100.......better cleans, 3 channels ect

classic 50.............Better cleans, reverb (personal fave)

I seriously cannot understand why everyone loves the 6505, its a wollowy yet, buzzy sounding mess. And i dont give a {censored} if it cuts better then most amps, its crap when you are trying to get 2 amps to mix and the 6505 sounds {censored}ty coz you have scooped it out too much to get it to sit with some dickheads spider 75 watter....

lol wut?

• Members
I don't think that is Zach. Skaaks is a trustworthy dude though. Bought my Sig: X from him. Don't recall his name being Zach on the money order though.
:idk:

Just realized that.

They both replied in that Deliverance thread and they have those block letter avatars.

Archived