Who is the most amazing player that did nothing that impressed you?

ComOp

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly I cant listen to any of the instrumental shredders. {censored} bores me to death. Id rather listen to 1 note chugged over and over in Drop Q with a growler over it :o

Funny enough, I do like Petrucci. I think it is because Dream Theater is a band though, and it is not all instrumental. They are songs and not shredfests... well, at least the earlier stuff...

• Members
At one point he went to a clean tone and pulled off AUTHENTIC bebop chord melody stuff. The guy was a session guitarist that used to do jingles for taco bell, pizza hut and coca cola.

He, he then he totally needs to get a double neck jazz guitar as well... :)
......and matching smoke machine....!!!!!!!!

Yes his playing is totally AMAZING, for me it might be the Bigger, Better, Faster, more guitar necks thing a bit too far at this point.

2doubleguitarsut0.jpg

• Members
The guys in Meshuggah would be way up there for me as well.

Great players, and I've
tried
to get into them, but that godawful tone and soulless lack of groove lasts maybe a couple of songs for me before I'm ready to shoot my ipod.
:o

Sheik, check this out. it's pretty much nothing but groovehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5YEqmIIdj8

• Members

The guys in Meshuggah would be way up there for me as well.

Great players, and I've
tried
to get into them, but that godawful tone and soulless lack of groove lasts maybe a couple of songs for me before I'm ready to shoot my ipod.
:o

lack of grooves?? we must have different definitions of groove. meshuggah has some of my favorite grooves ever. the groove when he starts singing in this song makes me want to mosh my cat in my living room

[video=youtube;Bk9G1JlQeFs]

Archived