Tuner pedals?

boonestunes

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm gonna get flamed, but Behringer makes a damn good one. Cheap too.

Sorry man...But I will flame just a little...I own the Behringer rack mount tuner and it doesn't do anything lower than standard tuning. I hate this POS. I'd honestly give it away if someone wanted it..lol.

• Members

If you can't tune by ear you should just give up on playing guitar

Don't record or play gigs much? :poke:

Yeah, like the audience wants to hear you bwoinging away on your strings.

Tuner pedals are incredibly accurate now - you can easily intonate a guitar with them. You're not going down to 0.1 cents accuracy with your ear.

• Members

If you can't tune by ear you should just give up on playing guitar

That's a bold statement. I bet a lot of people can't tune by ear. It's pretty easy as long as you already have at least one string that is in tune...But to put new strings on a guitar and tune from nothing to standard tuning would be a feat for most people without a tuner.

• Members

I've had one Turbo Tuner for a long time. I like it so much it's a permanent fixture on my board so I bought another one recently to use around the house when my gear is packed. They're better than any other tuner you can buy and don't really cost much if anything more.

• Members

I've had one Turbo Tuner for a long time. I like it so much it's a permanent fixture on my board so I bought another one recently to use around the house when my gear is packed. They're better than any other tuner you can buy and don't really cost much if anything more.

Yup.

• Members

The Turbo Tuner is the best pedal tuner on the market right now.

Why? I love the quick strum of the polytune to check tuning instantly, go right to the wonky string/strings, done. I think the turbo looks like a great tuner, and I seriously considered one before I got the polytune.

• Members

Why? I love the quick strum of the polytune to check tuning instantly, go right to the wonky string/strings, done. I think the turbo looks like a great tuner, and I seriously considered one before I got the polytune.

8 Page thread on this issue at TGP.

My own reasons? I like the Strobe display on the Turbo Tuner far better. People have had problems with the PolyTune "Strum" feature. Read about it in the link above.

• Members

8 Page thread on this issue at TGP.

My own reasons? I like the Strobe display on the Turbo Tuner far better. People have had problems with the PolyTune "Strum" feature. Read about it in the link above.

I am not interested in anything gear page related. I am interested in your reason, and now have it:thu: I like the "needle" and don't have the strum issue. I have yet to see a Turbo except for youtube, but can't imagine anything better for me that the polytune. I have the peterson, it is a bit picky, and the display washes out when I play day gigs outside.

• Members

I am not interested in anything gear page related. I am interested in your reason, and now have it:thu: I like the "needle" and don't have the strum issue. I have yet to see a Turbo except for youtube, but can't imagine anything better for me that the polytune. I have the peterson, it is a bit picky, and the display washes out when I play day gigs outside.

Another is accuracy.

The PolyTune is manufacturer spec'd at +/-.5 cents

Peterson is manufacturer spec'd at .1 cent

The Turbo Tuner is spec'd at .02 cents.

Not that it matters at a certain point, but the Turbo Tuner is more accurate.

Archived