does your gf/wife/life partner like metal?

sleewell

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She tolerates it, but since her own band fell apart, she is doing vocals over in a side project with me and the drummer from my death/thrash band. It's not her first choice, but she likes some In Flames, Soilwork, Dark Tranquillity, etc.

• Members

My girl's like me. She'll listen to Alison Krauss, or Nevermore. Whatever.

I have video of her climbing up on the bar and mock pole dancing at a Static X show. The video shows Type O's Johnny Kelly trying to give her a dollar.

...And she's an exec at a college. :lol:

I always tell her if she leaves me, I'll put the video up on the ol' webatron. :lol:

• Members

my gf is the best for many reasons but one of them includes her love of good music. i always try to look at someone's music collection pretty soon after meeting them; i was so freaking happy to see pantera, metallica, sepultura, mastadon, opeth, clutch and a bunch of other metal bands that dont suck - full albums too not the one song type of "fan". we go to shows and she wants to get up close and is tougher than many more dudes i know. plus she is cool with me playing as obnoxiously loud as possible around the house. kinda rambling here...

does your significant other like the music you do?

Consider yourself very fortunate! :D

• Members

My wife used to like what I liked. Than we got married. And now we argue over what we are going to listen to.

This, minus the marriage (never been married). Eventually the truth comes out. :lol:

I like girly girls for some wierd reason and their music taste is always warped compared to mine, so if they say "I like this or that" it's usually just trying to find common ground or something to talk about. Sort of like how one guy says a joke and it's not funny, and someone else says the same joke and it's hilarious.

There was one girl who liked Korn and played guitar too. That was before I ever played. She was nice. Overall a bit jealous of you guys.

• Members

Mysore is not a big fan... But she loves punk, when we first met we spent a drunken night at a bar talking about bad religion this misfits and the clash, she does prefer pop punk like blink 182 but I can deal with that.

Oh and she likes AC/DC on the car stereo which makes me happy.

Archived