does your gf/wife/life partner like metal?

sleewell

• Members

my gf is the best for many reasons but one of them includes her love of good music. i always try to look at someone's music collection pretty soon after meeting them; i was so freaking happy to see pantera, metallica, sepultura, mastadon, opeth, clutch and a bunch of other metal bands that dont suck - full albums too not the one song type of "fan". we go to shows and she wants to get up close and is tougher than many more dudes i know. plus she is cool with me playing as obnoxiously loud as possible around the house. kinda rambling here...

does your significant other like the music you do?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My wife loves metal. Especially gold and silver.

:D:lol:

My wife likes some of it, but not the more extreme stuff. In general, she is not a big music person, and doesn't really care what I have on in the car/tv, etc...

• Members

My wife likes 70s and 80s music, some hair bands, we only like a few of the same bands like hellyeah, mudvayne, alice in chains, BLS. She can listen to most of the bands i like but stuff like war of ages and becoming the archetype she hates.

• Members

Wifey likes some old metallica from her young angry phase.

Outside of that and hair metal, no. She especially doesn't care for the screamy stuff.

But we don't listen to a ton of music in the car and at home its mostly through headphones so its no big deal.

• Members

:lol:

My girlfriend doesn't like metal, but she tolerates it, which is the least I could ask for.

Same here. My g/f listens to stuff I usually don't like, and I have to say she is more tolerant about the stuff I listen to than the other way around.

• Members

They can be fun but I've learned that "metal" chicks usually have some personality traits I'm not into for a GF. If they like a little metal that's cool but in my experience the girls who are big into it usually seem to have a high chance of having the crazies.

And I can't STAND when chicks have the not-quite goth "metal look". It's not as bad as full on goth but t just makes me think she Probly loves vampires. I'd rather it be a scenester emo looking chick even

• Members

It's not the first thing she fires up on her IPOD but she enjoys Opeth, Mastodon and some Devin. It's when the proportion of cookie monster to actual singing starts getting skewed too much towards cookie monster that she starts to get annoyed.

she does really like sevendust though and lots of other modern heavy rock that most of you all probably hate because they're on the radio. :o

Archived