Zent may meltdown on TGP.

riffy

• Members

I wouldn't have known if people like Dolf didn't all of a sudden start showing up. I didn't even know the poster Drizzt or whatever was Riffy as first. Then the riff raff showed up and I fingered it out.

Never said I didn't care about the internet. I like it. As to this incident? That someone was Riffy. He came to a thread and stirred {censored}. Then he linked it here so others could stir {censored}. Almost everyone in that thread told him he was being an ass...go read it, it's still there. Have some good lulz .

You sir are lying. Say what you will, I posted in'your thread simply because I disagreed with what you were saying. That is part and parcel of an open discussion forum. You did know Drizzt was Riffy I maintain as well. I don' try and hide. I used to be Riffy there as well and was the 1st person to tout the Axe there as well as here man.

I don't like your posting style, I don' care for your constant need for constant praise either. You sir are a never was, just like me so... Live with it. That now being said, I don't despise or even dislike you, I just think some of your actions are funny. I will bring attention to those actions when I want to do so.

Gary

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OH yeah... Here is my being an 'ass' that Zent is alluding to. I just copied and pasted all the posts that are there...
Judge for yourselves, my group of peers HCAF.

10-30-2011, 11:33 AM
Drizzt
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentman
Ah but that's my point. I don't want it to sound like a tube amp. Tones from the 50's, 60's, and 70's are all fine and dandy for old farts to try and cop but if guitar is to survive in modern music, it must morph.

I snipped this part of your quote Zent. I think what you are saying here is totally subjective and not true at all. Not everyone that likes sound from the 50's, 60's, 70's and heck, even on into the 80's and through now are 'old farts'. Some just really like those sounds... You have to remember, there were 'synthy' and heavily delayed sounds from Brian May, Robert Frip, Adrian Belew, Eric Johnson, and MANY others long before digital reached the stage it is currently at.

As far as guitar surviving in modern music and having to morph to do so, that is only your opinion again.

Just use whatever you like to play and generate your tones. Be it the Axe-FX, 50's Supro, 60's Vox or Marshall, or what have you. It does NOT matter.
As long as you are creating and crafting tones that you love, that is all that is important. Your quote makes it seem as if you have to have modern digital equipment to remain relevant in music today. You couldn't be more wrong.

Gary
10-30-2011, 11:36 AM
bmi

I think modelers are the futur due to ROHS which sucks the tone.(i'm fighting actually with ROHS )

10-30-2011, 11:47 AM
zentman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt
I snipped this part of your quote Zent. I think what you are saying here is totally subjective and not true at all. Not everyone that likes sound from the 50's, 60's, 70's and heck, even on into the 80's and through now are 'old farts'. Some just really like those sounds... You have to remember, there were 'synthy' and heavily delayed sounds from Brian May, Robert Frip, Adrian Belew, Eric Johnson, and MANY others long before digital reached the stage it is currently at.

As far as guitar surviving in modern music and having to morph to do so, that is only your opinion again.

Just use whatever you like to play and generate your tones. Be it the Axe-FX, 50's Supro, 60's Vox or Marshall, or what have you. It does NOT matter.
As long as you are creating and crafting tones that you love, that is all that is important. Your quote makes it seem as if you have to have modern digital equipment to remain relevant in music today. You couldn't be more wrong.

Gary
Nothing subjective about observing music trends. Guitar based rock bands no longer dominate sales. My sons generation couldn't care less.

k to Become a Supporting Member

TGP Webzine
Old School Guitar
Praise & Worship Forum
The Gear Page > The Gear > Digital and Modeling Gear
This is why I think good modelers are the future...Clip
Welcome, Drizzt.
You last visited: Today at 11:28 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 73.
Home Forums User CP FAQ Gear Search New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

Page 3 of 7

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
10-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Drizzt
Supporting Member

Quote:
Nothing subjective about observing music trends. Guitar based rock bands no longer dominate sales. My sons generation couldn't care less.

If that is the case, your clip is irrelevant as well. It still sounds like guitar to me... Synth music dominated in Europe for a good while in the late 70's and early 80's, the guitar made a 'comeback'. It very may well do so again.

Musical tastes are a moving target and trying to latch onto one is a fool's game if you are trying to be relevant. If you want to be original, stay true to what YOU love.
Last edited by Drizzt; 10-30-2011 at 12:08 PM.
10-30-2011, 12:15 PM
zentman

Quote:
If that is the case, your clip is irrelevant as well. It still sounds like guitar to me... Synth music dominated in Europe for a good while in the late 70's and early 80's, the guitar made a 'comeback'. It very may well do so again.

Musical tastes are a moving target and trying to latch onto one is a fool's game if you are trying to be relevant. If you want to be original, stay true to what YOU love.
Of course my clip is irrelevant, I was addressing the obsession with folks trying to sound exactly like eddie. More to the future of guitar, if it has a future, then sounding like eddie imho.
10-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Drizzt
Supporting Member

Quote:
Of course my clip is irrelevant, I was addressing the obsession with folks trying to sound exactly like eddie. More to the future of guitar, if it has a future, then sounding like eddie imho.
UUhhhh whatever... Clip, thread title do not match this statement.
Does not compute. Back tracking immediate. You have been assimilated.
Welcome to the collective or whatever.

Done here.
10-30-2011, 12:26 PM
zentman

Oh boy a random guy to argue with on the internet. I know how I an spending my sunday! All my statements stand, thread title stands. ta da
10-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Drizzt
Supporting Member

Quote:
Oh boy a random guy to argue with on the internet. I know how I an spending my sunday! All my statements stand, thread title stands. ta da
Not random at all and you know it. Your statements can stand. I could not care less about that. I am not arguing. I am merely pointing out the logical fallacies in what you are trying to convey. Your statements do not add up.

Michael, I really don't care OK? You believe what you wish. You are as bad as the tube snobs really though. Once you have gone a certain way, everyone else should as well or they are a Luddite.

I am buying an Axe II so I have no qualms about it being a great unit, and perfect for me. But it isn't for everyone. That is par for the course and horses for courses and all that.

Carry on in silliness.

Gary
10-30-2011, 12:39 PM
banjoze

I have no issue with new sounds emanating from a guitar. I'd just like to see modelers continue to improve at sounding like (recorded) classic amps as well.

I welcome the new, but modern music is FULL of great guitar sounds being made with amps... for that matter my kids are totally into classic rock (thanks to Guitar Hero and Rock Band)...

As far as your clip, I liked it. My comment about not "getting" your thread title wasn't that I didn't understand what you were getting at. I just didn't think that tone should be terribly hard to achieve with an amp and the right effects.

I've never heard anyone do something terribly different sounding with guitar that couldn't be done as well or better with a keyboard.
10-30-2011, 12:56 PM
BerkleeBill

Quote:
Axe Fx II
Shoulda kept the Ultra
10-30-2011, 01:49 PM
zentman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkleeBill
Shoulda kept the Ultra
Shoulda got the Kemper.
10-30-2011, 01:55 PM
zentman

• Members

Quote:
Not random at all and you know it. Your statements can stand. I could not care less about that. I am not arguing. I am merely pointing out the logical fallacies in what you are trying to convey. Your statements do not add up.

Michael, I really don't care OK? You believe what you wish. You are as bad as the tube snobs really though. Once you have gone a certain way, everyone else should as well or they are a Luddite.

I am buying an Axe II so I have no qualms about it being a great unit, and perfect for me. But it isn't for everyone. That is par for the course and horses for courses and all that.

Carry on in silliness.

Gary
So your idea of a discussion is going to another forum and posting trash about me? Do you feel better now? Got some metal heads to agree with you? Found some tube heads to support you? Takes a big man to scurry to another forum for support.

FYI I left there to avoid endless arguments with lying morons but I see you intend to link this site to that to bring them here. Good plan.

Better yet , just stay there and compare Eruption solos on your cranked Marshalls until one of you gets it right. This is a "Digital and Modeling gear" forum ya know.

PS: As to my meltdown, as you call it, I simply spent a little time telling the jerks who I had always thought to be jerks exactly what I thought of them before I left. Not everybody there was an idiot BTW. Some great folks there too but the dominating influence of the major members is jerkiness.

One day, and not too far off, tube amps will be all but gone. It's inevitable.
Last edited by zentman; 10-30-2011 at 02:13 PM.
10-30-2011, 02:01 PM
dream_of_sky

Zent. You just drank the kookaid. How did you get axe so fast? Are the shipping pronto now. Or does cliff think you're special?
10-30-2011, 02:07 PM
zentman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_of_sky
Zent. You just drank the kookaid. How did you get axe so fast? Are the shipping pronto now. Or does cliff think you're special?
I went on the waiting list the first day. I was waiting for the Kemper to arrive then decide but my number came up so i went for it. I sold my Ultra for break even and spent the extra dough because I can. I like doing the update thing and it really does sound and feel better a tad as is.

I'll probably still get the Kemper.

• Members

i think all this is just a lack of action in other parts of people's lives which make hcaf forum dribble seem epic. i guess i can't say much since i am here reading from time to time during the day. still, is it really important that people with differing opinions must acknowledge other's blah?

Archived