Zent may meltdown on TGP.

riffy

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's such a freaking zealot.
:lol:

"My opinion is fact. I am Zentman. You do not understand the future of music, for only I am privy to such artistic clairvoyance. Do not dare disagree with me or I shall lose my {censored} in a hilarious and embarrassing way and move to another forum."
:o

I might use the term idiot in the place of zealot, but you are a nicer person than I am today Sheik.

• Members

He's such a freaking zealot.
:lol:

"My opinion is fact. I am Zentman. You do not understand the future of music, for only I am privy to such artistic clairvoyance. Do not dare disagree with me or I shall lose my {censored} in a hilarious and embarrassing way and move to another forum."
:o

Ya know on a second reading bro,

This is one of the funniest things I have read in quite a while!

I hereby crown you as His Forum Astuteness! All hail the GREAT ASTUTENESS!!!!

• Members

That was hardly a melt-down. He has a couple good points about it being able to do things tube amps can't(which is subjective, since his clip is a tone likely to be achieved through effects, though perhaps an elaborate degree of such). He acknowledges that it's a useful tool.

You're acting like it actually makes a difference what his opinions are. He's been of the mindset that he prefers his axefx to anything else he's used and that others will end up using them ever since I've encountered him on here. It's apparent to us that some people prefer tube amps, some modelers and while we may not be trying to convince everyone that they need an axefx, he's presenting us with some great tones.

Water is wet, the sky is blue and I prefer tube amps. So {censored}ing what?

• Members

That was hardly a melt-down. He has a couple good points about it being able to do things tube amps can't(which is subjective, since his clip is a tone likely to be achieved through effects, though perhaps an elaborate degree of such). He acknowledges that it's a useful tool.

You're acting like it actually makes a difference what his opinions are. He's been of the mindset that he prefers his axefx to anything else he's used and that others will end up using them ever since I've encountered him on here. It's apparent to us that some people prefer tube amps, some modelers and while we may not be trying to convince everyone that they need an axefx, he's presenting us with some great tones.

Yeap, zent is just as bad as any of the tube purists he rails against, maybe worse. Personally, I think between the right mix of pedals and/or processors, amps, and speakers I can get a wider variety of tones than the axe can, and the tactile feel of the response, and the all out balls to the wall Kong size punch of my amps is something the AXE still can't do.

• Members

This.

Although it did shine some light on the AXE FX "thing" for me. I never understood the point in buying something that gets close, but not completely, emulates something you can just go out and buy to have the real thing, but that thread made valid point. For some it's not about it being a mimick to various tones, it does it's own thing as it's own product and THAT is appealing to some people, coupled with it's ease of use and all it's features.

Honest question, do people use these in conjunction with their tube heads? I think it'd be cool to use one for effects and other things, and using your primary head as a base tone to see if the Axe can get there.

I wouldn't buy one anytime soon as it still doesn't seem worth it to me, and I love the sound and feel of tube amps, along with modding and tube swapping, but the Axe suddenly makes a little more sense now.

Archived