** Official HCAF Skyrim Thread **

FastRedPonyCar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

every time I think I will be "set" with my gear, I almost IMMEDIATELY get checked...

1 round my save point kept loading me in between two giants, and I had to survive and save lydia... had to restart the save point so many times my xbox froze
:lol:
finally did it though.

next one was after I crafted my smithing gear, and then made my dragon armor with ebony swords. upped everything I could with fortify 1 handed, hit 1 sword with absorb health, and the other with fire enchant. Dragon finds me almost immediately, and beyond raped me. I had scaled these mountains as a short cut, so lydia was gone... dragon would freeze me (there goes running and power attacks), land and then bite me in half... like 10 tries to get through that.

lesson learned? carry pots lol. I seriously never pick them up unless I see they have a high value, just to sell. I think I have used 10 health pots and im lvl 30.

I've ran into that same {censored} :lol:

I have always tried to have a decent amount of health potions available just in case. Haven't had the need for them much lately, but a couple of times, I've been caught off-guard and needed them. I NEVER use stamina or magicka regen potions. I rarely use any sort of poisons. Don't need waterbreathing. Don't care about invisibility. Don't give a damn about many potions...yet...I have so {censored}ing many that I carry around with me because I either made a bunch and haven't sold them, or I am too afraid of letting them go because I always think I'll need them :facepalm:

• Members

Just because you can be invincible, doesn't mean you have to go that route. You can always take the gear off if it's too easy for you. Seriously, this game is so variable that I can't see anyone really getting to the point that they were "bored" with it.

• Members

You guys that never pick up potions make me lol and envy you. My orc death machine is carrying around probably 100 or so potions. WAAAAYYYY too many are stamina and magicka potions. (He doesn't use magic pretty much at all) that I have "just in case." I have a severe hording problem. Like, really really severe. :lol:

• Members

so whats your guy's recipe for yielding a profitable potion?

blue mountain flower + blue butter fly wings + wheat is pretty damn good

blue mount flower + Giant toe + wheat is another high yielder.

thats all I have figured out.

Giant's toe + wheat is a good one. If I were at home, I could find you a couple more. I think my best has only been around 1030 gold. My approach to making potions has been to find two solid ingredients that fetch between 4-500 gold, and add another random ingredient that isn't from the same style of potion. ie. If you are making a "fortify" potion, don't us an ingredient that does another "fortify." Try something in the "regenerate" or "poison" pool of ingredients.

If there is a better way of doing this, I'm all ears. My alchemy is pretty high now (maybe above 90), so It's only a matter of time before I hit 100.

• Members

You guys that never pick up potions make me lol and envy you. My orc death machine is carrying around probably 100 or so potions. WAAAAYYYY too many are stamina and magicka potions. (He doesn't use magic pretty much at all) that I have "just in case." I have a severe hording problem. Like, really really severe.

I've just started to be very selective in which potions I grab now. Anything with regenerate health is a must. But, if it isn't a fortify smithing or enchanting, I usually just leave it. Unless it's an "ultimate regeneration" potion. Nice to have a couple of those handy just in case.

• Members

I've just started to be very selective in which potions I grab now. Anything with regenerate health is a must. But, if it isn't a fortify smithing or enchanting, I usually just leave it. Unless it's an "ultimate regeneration" potion. Nice to have a couple of those handy just in case.

I have severe hording issues. I mean, severe. You should see the cupboards, chests, barrels and end tables. I mean, I have literal tons of {censored} stored in them. In one barrel alone I have over 50 weapons I plan on "getting around" to maxing out and selling. That doesn't count the armor and staves. In my "smithing" drawer I have probably 250+ ingots, 75 leathers, and who knows how many leather strips I plan on using to upgrade stuff. I still don't know where my smithing robes disappear to. I have an endtable I started dumping pots into...i probably have 75 or so just sitting there...waiting for something.

This is on top of the 30K plus gold I just wander around with. My orc needs to be on an episode of horders. I haven't even gotten into the strange {censored} I have stored up. :lol:

• Members

I have severe hording issues. I mean, severe. You should see the cupboards, chests, barrels and end tables. I mean, I have literal tons of {censored} stored in them. In one barrel alone I have over 50 weapons I plan on "getting around" to maxing out and selling. That doesn't count the armor and staves. In my "smithing" drawer I have probably 250+ ingots, 75 leathers, and who knows how many leather strips I plan on using to upgrade stuff. I still don't know where my smithing robes disappear to. I have an endtable I started dumping pots into...i probably have 75 or so just sitting there...waiting for something.

This is on top of the 30K plus gold I just wander around with. My orc needs to be on an episode of horders. I haven't even gotten into the strange {censored} I have stored up.

I used to be a horder like you,

but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• Members

so whats your guy's recipe for yielding a profitable potion?

blue mountain flower + blue butter fly wings + wheat is pretty damn good

blue mount flower + Giant toe + wheat is another high yielder.

thats all I have figured out.

I dont remember the recipes, but the highest yielding potions :

SLOW poison

fortify carry weight

fortify health

invisibility (Chaurus eggs)

• Members

I hoard {censored} too...Anything worth 500 or so gold I snag and take back to sell. I just finished the quest to rebuild the Dawnstar Dark Brotherhood hideout and gave them the whole 20,000 gold and withing 30 minutes I had earned the 20,000 back. I am actually having a hard time selling stuff because between Belethor, the Grey-mane smithy and warmaidens they never have enough gold at once to buy my better items. I have the Ebony mail and it's worth over $15000...who can buy that crap? I also have a couple of worn out single enchanted daedric swords and an enchanted soul trap daedric bow that I need to sell but nobody can afford those either. I easily filled up all the bookshelves in my house in whiterun and had 10x more books that went into the chest left over. I keep almost every unique weapon/armor for some reason too...

Also I agree that it gets a bit boring if you are a walking tank so I snagged the Blades armor and Dragonbane and gave back the Jagged Crown. That dropped my armor by like 200pts and my dmg went from 259/hand in dual wield to 238 single sword. Now a dragon might take more than one melee attack to finish...before all I had to do was walk up to his head and hold down both attack buttons and by the time his combo finished any elder dragon was DEAD! I'm about ready to sack Solitude too...

• Members

Son of a {censored}ing bitch...

I ran into a REAL snag last night. I've somehow managed to legitimately glitch the main quest and here's how:

I'm at the part in the main quest where I have to capture a dragon in Dragonreach, but first I need to get the Stormcloaks and the Empire to negotiate a temporary truce. Easy enough, right? So I talk to Ulfric and he's down with it. Then I fast-travel to Solitude to get the guy from the Empire to come...

Here's where {censored} gets real. I arrive in Solitude to see people shooting me with arrows and generally trying to {censored} my {censored}. I think to myself "I must have a bounty". So I put away my bow and find out I DO, in fact, have a bounty. $1,500. No big, so I pay it off. The second I pay it off and the guard puts his sword away, he takes it BACK out and him and his friends start trying to kill me again. Hmm....confused, I am. And then it hits me.

I've already killed the Emperor via the Dark Brotherhood quest line.

I can't even go to Solitude without {censored}ers trying to kill me immediately. Including the guy to whom I'm supposed to talk for this quest. It's not like I can't murder them all. It's not like they could possibly kill me even if I stood still for a half hour and just took it. But I can't do this quest.

So I think "ok...what if I join the Stormcloaks and just eradicate the Empire first? Can I move the main quest forward then?"

So I try that. I get the first quest from the Stormcloak dude, to go kill the ice wraith. I do that. I come back to turn it in and all he says is "I don't know how you convinced Ulfric to do this stupid negotiation, because it's a waste of time" and WON'T LET ME TURN THE {censored}ING QUEST IN.

All Ulfric says is "yeah, I'll do your stupid negotiation" and WON'T GIVE ME ANY CONVERSATION OPTIONS.

At the moment, I'm completely {censored}ed as far as the "main" quest line and the rebellion quest line and I have no idea how to fix it.

• Members

Son of a {censored}ing bitch...

I ran into a REAL snag last night. I've somehow managed to legitimately glitch the main quest and here's how:

I'm at the part in the main quest where I have to capture a dragon in Dragonreach, but first I need to get the Stormcloaks and the Empire to negotiate a temporary truce. Easy enough, right? So I talk to Ulfric and he's down with it. Then I fast-travel to Solitude to get the guy from the Empire to come...

Here's where {censored} gets real. I arrive in Solitude to see people shooting me with arrows and generally trying to {censored} my {censored}. I think to myself "I must have a bounty". So I put away my bow and find out I DO, in fact, have a bounty. $1,500. No big, so I pay it off. The second I pay it off and the guard puts his sword away, he takes it BACK out and him and his friends start trying to kill me again. Hmm....confused, I am. And then it hits me.

I've already killed the Emperor via the Dark Brotherhood quest line.

I can't even go to Solitude without {censored}ers trying to kill me immediately. Including the guy to whom I'm supposed to talk for this quest. It's not like I can't murder them all. It's not like they could possibly kill me even if I stood still for a half hour and just took it. But I can't do this quest.

So I think "ok...what if I join the Stormcloaks and just eradicate the Empire first? Can I move the main quest forward then?"

So I try that. I get the first quest from the Stormcloak dude, to go kill the ice wraith. I do that. I come back to turn it in and all he says is "I don't know how you convinced Ulfric to do this stupid negotiation, because it's a waste of time" and WON'T LET ME TURN THE {censored}ING QUEST IN.

All Ulfric says is "yeah, I'll do your stupid negotiation" and WON'T GIVE ME ANY CONVERSATION OPTIONS.

At the moment, I'm completely {censored}ed as far as the "main" quest line and the rebellion quest line and I have no idea how to fix it.

And this is why the main quest line should be killing the dragon, not politics! :cop:

Seriously man, that sucks. :(

• Members

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do...other than play the me3 demo again

Anything about it on some of the Skyrim/bethesda/gamer forums? I would think someone else ran into this issue, but, who knows, you may be the first poor sap.

• Members

that quest is notorious for being glitchy, luckily i read about it before i talked to the jarl of whiterun, so I knew to complete the quest for one of the two sides before continuing with the dragon quest.

Hmm, I didn't do either side's quest before doing the dragon quest. BUT, I haven't done the Dark Brotherhood quest line either, so I was safe there.

• Members

that quest is notorious for being glitchy, luckily i read about it before i talked to the jarl of whiterun, so I knew to complete the quest for one of the two sides before continuing with the dragon quest.

Well, at least I've got that going for me.

I'm notorious for getting the one error that NOBODY else gets in games.

• Members

Well, at least I've got that going for me.

I'm notorious for getting the one error that NOBODY else gets in games.

You're all kinds of special! :D

Is there any point in training my mage up in smithing? I've been progressing at smithing like mad, but I've realized, I don't really want to have to spend perks on smithing, I need them for other stuff. So, I'm thinking, I'll keep smithing stuff to enchant and sell to raise my enchanting and get monies. I"ll just have to remember to get better gear for Lydia now and again.

• Members

And this is why the main quest line should be killing the dragon, not politics!
:cop:

Seriously man, that sucks.
:(

No this is why you play bethesda RPG's on PC so you can console command your ass out of these inevitable quest glitches and/or generic pickles where it seems all hope is lost.

It's been like this since morrowind and nothing has changed throughout the entire elderscrolls series AND the fallout games. If bethesda doesn't fix stuff like this, the modding community will.

My suggestion dolf would be to just ignore this for now until you can somehow manage to get your sneak skill through the roof and just sneak to pontious or whatever the guy's name is to see if you can get the truce talk dialogue in real quick.

Archived