** Official HCAF Skyrim Thread **

FastRedPonyCar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I made a horrible error.

I KILLED A CHICKEN IN RIVERWOOD.

Now, I'm sure this has already been discussed at length earlier in this thread, so I'll just quietly move along. :lol:

Oh, and I would love to play ME3. But I would like to finish ME2 first. Oh, btw, before I do that, I guess I'll need to finish ME. :o I always start playing it again, with good intentions, and I still haven't managed to get very far. :facepalm:

• Members

Good you can tell us if you really do have to play multiplayer to unlock stuff that will actually give you the best ending (as pc gamer reports)
:mad:

Oh whaaaaaaaaaat.

Damn it. I don't want to play multiplayer until I finish the campaign.

• Members

There are a bunch of quests that I started with my first character that I can't seem to find with my new one. Somehow I got the Mace of Molag Bal when I was really green to the game (sub lvl 10) and can't seem to figure out how to even start the quest with my new guy. Also there was a quest you get at some inn where a ghost wants you to find his sword. I have no idea where that one starts either. I'm about ready to start over and I think I'm going to make my home base in Riften and start off with the Thieves Guild.

• Members

lol just avoid guards at all costs. otherwise you are such a low level just go to jail. your exp that you lose will be easily recovered.

I was headed to see the Jarl, unpossible. :lol: What was bad was I didn't run across any guards in Riverwood, I got to that farmhouse where they're fighting the giant, and I guess since I had weapons out the guard there following the mercenary or whoever she is just started attacking me. Took me a while to get back to where I could just start leisurely exploring again. :lol: I just paid the bounty, since I figured gold would be easy enough to come by. Hope I wasn't wrong :lol:

• Members

There are a bunch of quests that I started with my first character that I can't seem to find with my new one. Somehow I got the Mace of Molag Bal when I was really green to the game (sub lvl 10) and can't seem to figure out how to even start the quest with my new guy.

Go to Markarth. The trigger is when you're walking towards the Jarl's palace on the lowest level, and you're stopped in the street by Tyranus Ballbagus or somesuch (Vigilant Tyranus, IIRC) in front of the abandoned house. He asks you if you've seen anyone enter the house. If he's not there, check the stables immediately outside of Markarth...he should be there.

Also there was a quest you get at some inn where a ghost wants you to find his sword. I have no idea where that one starts either. I'm about ready to start over and I think I'm going to make my home base in Riften and start off with the Thieves Guild.

That's at the Old Hroldan Inn. You have to rent Tiber Septim's old room for the Ghost to appear.

Old Hroldan Inn is in the town of....Old Hroldan. Here:

206f29c2.jpg

• Members

did any of you know about the falmer helm/circlet "glitch"?

Apparently you can wear both a falmer helm and a circlet at the same time. Dual enchanting possibilities now get much more entertaining, not to mention wearing an extra piece of armor that can have a smithing skill enchant.

• Members

Apparently you can wear both a falmer helm and a circlet at the same time. Dual enchanting possibilities now get much more entertaining, not to mention wearing an extra piece of armor that can have a smithing skill enchant.

Yep. It's pretty sweet. Also alchemy enchant.

• Members

Indeed. I intentionally avoided using it; even without the exploit, the stats you can get playing the game straight after you've maxed out Smithing, Alchemy and Enchanting near-guarantee one hit kills on just about anything.

PRO TIP:

Dual enchant the lightest stuff available so that you can carry around a full set of all-in-one Alchemy and Smithing gear with the minimum weight penalty: I took a plain set of gloves, a Blacksmith's apron, a plain hat, etc., and dual-enchanted them, and keep them permanently in my inventory. All told, they had a weight of around 4.

• Members

I found out while wearing Volsung and I did the mission where you retreive the Jagged Crown...I was wearing both at the same time for a while like a baws. Now I have a set of Dragon Plate that is over 1000. I also carried around a set of lighter gear with enchantments on it but mostly it was things enchanted with "Fortify Carry Weight".

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

27 hours in (and only like level 14, lol I spend far too much time running around exploring and whatnot. Also I have given up trying to read all the books :lol: )

Had my first random dragon to spawn not long after fighting that first one just outside Whiterun, it was waiting for me outside in the courtyard of Winterhold College. Which was really convenient, I could take shelter behind any of the columns while he was blasting frost at me, then come out long enough to hit him a couple times with fireball or arrows, and take cover again.

Also found a ridiculously easy way to kill giants. Hit him a couple of times with Ice spike, now that he's all slowed down and no stamina, unload some arrows into him, ice spike, arrows, repeat til he hits the ground :D

Now after these feats of strength, why I can't survive those snow lions outside Winterhold... :mad: :mad: :mad: To be fair, that was 4 or 5 levels ago though. I already feel like I've gotten my money's worth, and I haven't even discovered half the map yet.

• Members
Go to Markarth. The trigger is when you're walking towards the Jarl's palace on the lowest level, and you're stopped in the street by Tyranus Ballbagus or somesuch (Vigilant Tyranus, IIRC) in front of the abandoned house. He asks you if you've seen anyone enter the house. If he's not there, check the stables immediately outside of Markarth...he should be there.

That's at the Old Hroldan Inn. You have to rent Tiber Septim's old room for the Ghost to appear.

Old Hroldan Inn is in the town of....Old Hroldan. Here:

206f29c2.jpg

ooo i gotta check that out

• Members

ooo i gotta check that out

I'm replaying the game for a third time. Didn't have access to a desktop computer that could handle it, so I went out and bought a PS3 instead.

The PS3 version holds up amazingly well. And the game has lost exactly zero of it's luster, even in my third playthrough. There's just so much to do in it.

• Members

I'm replaying the game for a third time. Didn't have access to a desktop computer that could handle it, so I went out and bought a PS3 instead.

The PS3 version holds up amazingly well. And the game has lost exactly zero of it's luster, even in my third playthrough. There's just so much to do in it.

that was the problem for me, actually, in the 2nd play through. In my first, I did every single quest and assist, only no completing the "need some cash" type side quests. When I went back for the 2nd time, I was just like "meh, too much {censored} that I already did"

• Members

Spent nearly all night last night trying to get to High Hrothgar. Assumed that first bridge in Ivarstead was to get to the barrow, so passed it right by and went on past the alchemist's shack and all that trying to climb the mountain. SUPER pissed that after multiple attempts trying to kill the snow bear at the top of the hill beside the shack, it was only a dead end. Finally got frustrated and went back to Ivarstead, fought a dragon that popped up, and then began the climb up the 7000 steps. I was really scared of that Ice Troll after reading about him, especially since I'm still only like lvl 14 or something like that. I had enough trouble with the troll just to the east of Ivarstead, with the help of the Stormcloak guards standing nearby. So I get to the Ice Troll, summon atronach and throw a few fireballs his way, and I manage to kill him while only taking a single swipe from him. But I can barely kill a freaking BEAR. WUT.

• Members
Spent nearly all night last night trying to get to High Hrothgar. Assumed that first bridge in Ivarstead was to get to the barrow, so passed it right by and went on past the alchemist's shack and all that trying to climb the mountain. SUPER pissed that after multiple attempts trying to kill the snow bear at the top of the hill beside the shack, it was only a dead end. Finally got frustrated and went back to Ivarstead, fought a dragon that popped up, and then began the climb up the 7000 steps. I was really scared of that Ice Troll after reading about him, especially since I'm still only like lvl 14 or something like that. I had enough trouble with the troll just to the east of Ivarstead, with the help of the Stormcloak guards standing nearby. So I get to the Ice Troll, summon atronach and throw a few fireballs his way, and I manage to kill him while only taking a single swipe from him. But I can barely kill a freaking BEAR. WUT.

Dude. Bears are badasses in this game. The game also says that they generally won't attack unless provoked, which is horse{censored}, because every bear I've ever seen in this game always attacks me first. :lol: I don't worry about them anymore, since I one-shot pretty much anything anymore, but it was a gigantic pain in the ass for a while.

Haven't played this game in a while. Might have to.

Archived