** Official HCAF Skyrim Thread **

FastRedPonyCar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Spent nearly all night last night trying to get to High Hrothgar. Assumed that first bridge in Ivarstead was to get to the barrow, so passed it right by and went on past the alchemist's shack and all that trying to climb the mountain. SUPER pissed that after multiple attempts trying to kill the snow bear at the top of the hill beside the shack, it was only a dead end. Finally got frustrated and went back to Ivarstead, fought a dragon that popped up, and then began the climb up the 7000 steps. I was really scared of that Ice Troll after reading about him, especially since I'm still only like lvl 14 or something like that. I had enough trouble with the troll just to the east of Ivarstead, with the help of the Stormcloak guards standing nearby. So I get to the Ice Troll, summon atronach and throw a few fireballs his way, and I manage to kill him while only taking a single swipe from him. But I can barely kill a freaking BEAR. WUT.

trolls are weak against fire.

• Members
I think I'll go spend some time doing that.
:lol:

I {censored}ing got my ass RAPED by that stupid Vampire outside swamp town (the name escapes me) because my gear sucks so bad. I had to lower myself to sniping with my shocking bow to wipe out his mooks and then go beat his face in with my mace and axe. But I only lived because I ate all the food I had on me cause I was out of healing potions that didn't do something awful to me.
:facepalm:

To the wiki!

Sorry to quote old post, I'm just now reading through this thread to ease my at-work withdrawals :lol:

But REALLY??? Let me explain how low level I was when I killed Morvath. When I got to the first town (Riversomething), I was stupid and killed a chicken, and had to flee. Hadn't done a single quest there. Guards caught up to me at the farm outside Whiterun, and I paid my fine and was taken to Dragonreach. Talked to Jarl, yadayada, did a couple of easy quests in the town, then headed to Morval or whatever the town there is called. Talked to ghost girl, went to Morvath's lair MAYBE at lvl 3, I don't remember if I hit 3 right before or right after that quest. He was my first actual boss fight in the game. Stood on the wooden walkway above and killed him and his lackeys with bow and arrow mostly, a little with a fire enchanted mace. And he kicked your butt at lvl 14 or whatever you were? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Members
I'm exact opposite. I do everything there is to do in an area before moving on, because I don't know when or if I'll be back, how hard or time consuming it will be to come back, or if I'll even have any interest.
:lol:

Also, I would like to rescind this statement. Not that my style has changed. But the way most quests have you hoofing it cross-country, I figure while I'm out in BFE, I'll go ahead and discover all the stuff around that isn't completely out of the way. And sometimes I'll still get sidetracked discovering places and suddenly realize I've way overshot my target, or gone the complete oppposite direction :lol: I still haven't discovered even half the stuff on the map though, I'm pretty sure. Trying to get that Red Eagle's sword last night, but that dual-magic wielding forsworn mage in the camp outside just continues to buttrape me.

• Members

Archived