itunes is hell. anybody have a better hack?

newholland

• Members

hate itunes. but just inherited the wifes itouch.

anyone out there know of a less stupid, cumbersome, non-piece of {censored} program that can actually find music in your My Music folder without duplicates, actually have an interface that'll load artwork, and generally not suck and crash as bad on a windows based machine?

i used to use media monkey-- but ios5 basically bombed that. :mad:

rrrrgmph.

• Members

Losing my ipod on the bus was the best thing that happened to the mp3 player portion of my life. I got a microsoft zune touch after that and havent looked back. SOOOO much better than itunes on a windows machine. I know that doesnt help your problem, though.

• Members

I have no issues with iTunes on a Win machine???? The only time iTunes has an issue with artwork is when I import my own songs from differing sources. I simply go to their wiki page and copy and paste the album art. EasyPeasy

• Members
Itunes- so badass that it wants to auto-update upon every use!!
:idea::love:

Yeah ... That's bloody annoying.

I have an old iPod Nano 3rd Gen that I use for the gym.

It's the only Apple product that I own, and once it's dead I'll get myself a non Apple mp3 player - and never have anything Apple again.

I {censored}ing hate Apple..........

• Members

Yeah ... That's bloody annoying.

I have an old iPod Nano 3rd Gen that I use for the gym.

It's the only Apple product that I own, and once it's dead I'll get myself a non Apple mp3 player - and never have anything Apple again.

I {censored}ing hate Apple..........

"Do you want to install update iTunes v. 10.3.0.1.025? We know you installed v. 10.3.0.1.024 about 37 minutes ago, but people on Facebook have felt pretty bored without posting about a software update regarding our products, so, suck it."

• Members

hate itunes. but just inherited the wifes itouch.

anyone out there know of a less stupid, cumbersome, non-piece of {censored} program that can actually find music in your My Music folder without duplicates, actually have an interface that'll load artwork, and generally not suck and crash as bad on a windows based machine?

i used to use media monkey-- but ios5 basically bombed that.
:mad:

rrrrgmph.

iTunes can do all of that. Stop being a mongoloid and figure it out :D. First thing you want to do is select "manually manage music" and just never use "sync". Also, iTunes can recognize your music without copying it twice, its in the preference pane.

IIRC You can download itunes, connect the iPod, open itunes, wait for the iPod icon to comeup, and drag music straight from your directory to the iPod icon. Copies to the iPod, but not into the iTunes directory.

• Members

Losing my ipod on the bus was the best thing that happened to the mp3 player portion of my life. I got a microsoft zune touch after that and havent looked back. SOOOO much better than itunes on a windows machine. I know that doesnt help your problem, though.

The Zune touch can you just drag MP3's onto it or do you have to go through all the ipod bull{censored} of having to sync them and {censored}?

• Members

iTunes can do all of that. Stop being a mongoloid and figure it out
:D
. First thing you want to do is select "manually manage music" and just never use "sync". Also, iTunes can recognize your music without copying it twice, its in the preference pane.

IIRC You can download itunes, connect the iPod, open itunes, wait for the iPod icon to comeup, and drag music straight from your directory to the iPod icon. Copies to the iPod, but not into the iTunes directory.

hrmph. it's not so much that i'm a mongoloid, but i think there's a vendetta going by apple for PC users. NOBODY i know with apples has any issue-- but all i have is PCs. pretty much with any other system-- you put your music in a folder labeled 'My Music' and the thing finds it. itunes has no provision to search for new music-- but a folder labeled 'automatically find in itunes'. so you load stuff in there. then you don't see it in My Music anymore. duh.

to boot- why the {censored} would you need to MANUALLY find album art when EVERY other program will find it through online databases?

not comin' unglued at you shea-- {censored}'s just goofy. besides the fact i don't buy downloads-- so the whole itunes store thing isn't really useful to me anyhow.

meh.. i'm workin' it out-- but honest to god-- drop and drag is WAY the hell easier-- and you don't need proprietary programs.. which is just apple pissing on a system that works better. not even to mention the whole mp4 {censored}... rrr...

Archived